The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows (Mobile) Thread

New design in upcoming WP10.

*www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2015/04/mdl2-windows-10-compare.png

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

looks a bit radical but refreshing
hope they get rid of the android elements though such as hamburger menus

saswat23

Human Spambot

Lots of color this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 apparently part of Windows 10 preview release for some phones | Windows Central

A quick tour of Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 | Windows Central

Settings section modified and is easier to navigate than before.

$hadow

Geek in making

They have taken a lot of hint from other OS and it looks like a good outcome.

giprabu

In the zone

Will Windows 10 have the provision to password lock gallery, whatsapp etc ??

If not inbuilt, atleast through 3rd party apps...

saswat23

Human Spambot

3rd party apps are even available now to password protect various apps. Check the store.

ashs1

Padawan

Windows 10 will come to lumia 730.. The only advantage of waiting is that maybe the price might go lower..

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Is lumia 830 better @14k with warranty till march 2016

check this link
Sahivalue Inventory Catalog Sahivalue

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Is lumia 830 better @14k with warranty till march 2016

check this link
Sahivalue Inventory Catalog Sahivalue

830>730 overall
unless you want better low light performance from camera and slimmer form factor
both phones are similar though,you wont miss out on anything by choosing one over the other

note-
830 has glance screen,camera button,capacitive keys etc which 730 doesnt have

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

830>730 overall
unless you want better low light performance from camera and slimmer form factor
both phones are similar though,you wont miss out on anything by choosing one over the other

note-
830 has glance screen,camera button,capacitive keys etc which 730 doesnt have

Seriously pricing seems good for 830 with almost 10 months warranty. I need to visit sahivalue's office for inspection.
I believe 830 will get all features of windows 10.

Now the problem in front of me is 14k for used lumia 830 & 12k for new 730 then why not 13k for Mi4i ??

All this because Asus is not giving me 16gb zenfone 5 version [even after agreeing to pay the difference] as replacement for my 8gb damaged one. :(

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

because windows phones in this range are of better quality than androids

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

because windows phones in this range are of better quality than androids

thanks bro..

Checked the lumia 830 but it was a dropped piece huge dent on bottom left corner, I would say a nasty drop.
Moreover 640, 730 & 830 have similar SOC so I backed off as camera is not my priority.

BTW Microsoft Lumia 640 is now selling @9999 + some 1000 cashback by Mobikwik which I do not have any Idea about.[Not sure if its safe to provide debit card no.]
whats your opinion on it??

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

thanks bro..

Checked the lumia 830 but it was a dropped piece huge dent on bottom left corner, I would say a nasty drop.
Moreover 640, 730 & 830 have similar SOC so I backed off as camera is not my priority.

BTW Microsoft Lumia 640 is now selling @9999 + some 1000 cashback by Mobikwik which I do not have any Idea about.[Not sure if its safe to provide debit card no.]
whats your opinion on it??

if you want the bigger display,glance screen,get 640/640XL
Id say get the 730 though personally
I have the 720 and 820 and the 720/730's 6.7mp snapper is a real gem in low light
the design and battery life of the 730 and 720 itself is awesome

havent had a first hand experience with the 640 but I can safely say both are safe buys and it depends on your preference

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Quite fond of Glance screen but did not like 640's design.
Liked 730 a lot but on tight budget as I'm planning to get another phone too preferably 430 which was released 2 days back.

Hoping some discounts from Amazon's Great Indian summer sale [6-8 may] ;)

Any news on 730's successor from Microsoft? I can wait if its seems promising in specs & design dept.

Finally sorry if I have bothered you a lot.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Don't say sorry man.. That's why we are here.
There is no news on the 740 as of now

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

No need to apologise,we love to help out a fellow forum member :)
get the 730 if you have the budget,otherwise get 640 or 535 for lesser budget

740 etc arent yet in the horizon
my guess is microsofts next few phones will be flagships and/or phablets as successors to the 930 and the recently discontinued 1520
I look forward to the next few months,I have a feeling Windows 10 will change the equation
Microsoft seems to be really dedicated and focused compared to Apple and Google now
My other phones include a Nexus 5,BB Z10 and I have Nexus 7 and iPad,all running latest updates but none of them seem to get new features and improvements,infact they are going slower and slower with each update,whereas my 2 year old 720 is faster as ever with Denim update,im happy I found the perfect phone for me 2 years ago
My next purchase will definitely be a flagship Lumia,seeing how well my 720 purchase turned out

$hadow

Geek in making

And on a side note MS will discontinue 830 as soon as 840 launch. And before you buy lumia 640 is available for 10k. Get it unless you want a oled screen.

Top Bottom