The Windows Mobile Thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^^Going in a new direction but it won't be going to do anything much overall. I want a option to dual boot my phone with android and windows.

Flash

Lost in speed

Microsoft announces MS-DOS for mobile
Read about in WindowsCentral, thought it was an April fool prank by Microsoft. But turned out to be real, once i installed the app.
Good'ol DOS in mobile.

Now, you can type DOS commands in your mobile and pretend to be hacking something via mobile. :lol:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

^^Going in a new direction but it won't be going to do anything much overall. I want a option to dual boot my phone with android and windows.

dont worry,since Mi4 is getting a windows 10 ROM,Im sure M8 will also get one next because there already is M8 for Windows available in US

HTC One (M8) for Windows - Full phone specifications

Exact same hardware ,features etc but for some reason they decided ROMs and bootloader shouldnt be interchangeable between the android and windows version
That might change soon I guess

$hadow

Geek in making

dont worry,since Mi4 is getting a windows 10 ROM,Im sure M8 will also get one next because there already is M8 for Windows available in US

HTC One (M8) for Windows - Full phone specifications

Exact same hardware ,features etc but for some reason they decided ROMs and bootloader shouldnt be interchangeable between the android and windows version
That might change soon I guess

My hands are itching since the time 830 got in that 20k price bracket. What do you think still there is place for more price cut?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

My hands are itching since the time 830 got in that 20k price bracket. What do you think still there is place for more price cut?

I dont think itll drop any further,going by experience with the x20 series Lumias
Lumia 720 dropped from 20k to 14k
Lumia 820 dropped from 28k to 20k

Same thing seems to be happening with the x30 series as well-
730 dropped from 18k to 13k
830 dropped from 28k to 22k

imho go for 830,its an awesome phone and im already pissed at myself for not getting one already :D :p
I actually prefer 830 over alot of other handsets ,including 930
Its a perfect package

$hadow

Geek in making

I dont think itll drop any further,going by experience with the x20 series Lumias
Lumia 720 dropped from 20k to 14k
Lumia 820 dropped from 28k to 20k

Same thing seems to be happening with the x30 series as well-
730 dropped from 18k to 13k
830 dropped from 28k to 22k

imho go for 830,its an awesome phone and im already pissed at myself for not getting one already :D :p
I actually prefer 830 over alot of other handsets ,including 930
Its a perfect package

I might wait for a few more days and BTW checked out surface 3?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I might wait for a few more days and BTW checked out surface 3?

yeah Surface 3 is priced pretty well, the accessories are not,
Id get the Surface 3 without the cover etc and buy a regular keyboard case for much much cheaper
still the stylus and cover are rather unique even if overpriced

$hadow

Geek in making

yeah Surface 3 is priced pretty well, the accessories are not,
Id get the Surface 3 without the cover etc and buy a regular keyboard case for much much cheaper
still the stylus and cover are rather unique even if overpriced

yeah I am also inclined towards it. Might get one.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows (Mobile) Thread

Renamed the thread title to The Windows (Mobile) Thread

As wikipedia seems to be calling it that for phone and tabs under 8 inches.
Windows 10 (mobile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Flash

Lost in speed

Lumia 640 Indian launch imminent as Flipkart reveals April announcement | Windows Central

DVJex

In the zone

My L620 screen broke and even the touch is gone. So who take cares of service for Lumia's which were released when Nokia was still there?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

My L620 screen broke and even the touch is gone. So who take cares of service for Lumia's which were released when Nokia was still there?

the same people
the nokia deal ensured the nokia employees,centres etc would stay the same except for the name-Microsoft

btw you can get it repaired locally for 3-4k as well if your digitizer or glass is intact
the official service centres get the digitizer+glass together and insist on changing both for 6-7k

- - - Updated - - -

Rumours are that L640 will be <10K and L640XL will be at <12K

yeah L640 is around 10k but 640XL is rumoured around 14-15k apparently according to gsmarena yesterday

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

So I tried to enable Cortona on my dad's Lumia 520 today. Why does Microsoft products, be it Windows or mobile, tends to take eternity for small updates?

First, it..
downloaded the update, took around 5 min
then it installed it, took around 6 min, felt longer
then it rebooted and proceeded to take another 10 min, felt eternity
then it rebooted and said, "updating apps... it will be worth the wait" and again felt eternity...
then it rebooted again and with a NOKIA logo, stayed on it for another 2 min...
(At this point I was furious, since dad was giving me that eye, since he had to make a call)
FINALLY the homescreen showed. Phew.

And all of this for enabling Cortona.. which doesn't even work most of the time. Keeps saying, "Sorry, I didn't catch that.." or something. :|

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

And all of this for enabling Cortona.. which doesn't even work most of the time. Keeps saying, "Sorry, I didn't catch that.." or something. :|

And thats why its not been enabled for India!

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Anyone, tried updating to Windows 10 Mobile??

Most likely, I am going to update it tonight. I can't wait to keep my hands on W10.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

So I tried to enable Cortona on my dad's Lumia 520 today. Why does Microsoft products, be it Windows or mobile, tends to take eternity for small updates?

First, it..
downloaded the update, took around 5 min
then it installed it, took around 6 min, felt longer
then it rebooted and proceeded to take another 10 min, felt eternity
then it rebooted and said, "updating apps... it will be worth the wait" and again felt eternity...
then it rebooted again and with a NOKIA logo, stayed on it for another 2 min...
(At this point I was furious, since dad was giving me that eye, since he had to make a call)
FINALLY the homescreen showed. Phew.

thats because cortana is still in BETA and doesnt have an official release for more regions yet.......
Cortana always worked well for me

Top Bottom