The Windows Mobile Thread

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Nothing like that. Class 6 gives you enough bandwidth for HD recordings. If you have the money go for a class 10 as thats a bit futureproof should you upgrade to a phone that can do heavier recordings (bitratewise)

I ordered a 32GB Class 10 micro DS card fro SanDISK. How will it work with 1320?

It will be almost 3 months, since Nokia released Lumia 1520, in indian market. But its price remains the same. This is annoying. When Lumia 920 was launched last year. Within weeks its price went down.

When will we see the price decline? In india 1520 is already overpriced (45,000 INR = 722US$). While in international market its around 540US$.

Amithansda

Journeyman

Updated my NL820 to Black...Seems nice and battery friendly.
But where is my 'Call Blocker'...I can not find it.

Piyush

Lanaya

During the comic con event, I was getting this reminder on my home screen . Something like "comic con from --- to ---- 7pm etc etc"
How do these notifications work? IS there a setting regarding this?

Amithansda

Journeyman

Settings > call+SMS filter

Thats what I knew..But I could not find it there.

During the comic con event, I was getting this reminder on my home screen . Something like "comic con from --- to ---- 7pm etc etc"
How do these notifications work? IS there a setting regarding this?

These must be Event requests sent by Facebook users. In calendar setting you can disable facebook events.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Check out "call+SMS filter" for Windows Phone *www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c459945b-d93f-4aae-9207-c6ab1d971357

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I am developing a simple snake game. Nothing fancy - metro like clean lines. Might even try to offer it on the marketplace if I get enough time to devote to it. :)

sunil.001

Broken In

I am developing a simple snake game. Nothing fancy - metro like clean lines. Might even try to offer it on the marketplace if I get enough time to devote to it. :)

Best of luck for that Pranav :)
We THFian would be more than happy to play your game. I'll also try to develop some application sometime (maybe next year). This year I want to learn photography, buy a DSLR and click amazing pic like you :)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

^Thanks :)

8.1 is shaping up to be a considerable update.

Here's the list of features noted by the developer with Windows Phone 8.1 SDK access:

NEW Single sign-in for apps (like on Windows 8) with Microsoft Account; sign in will persist across devices + apps with permissions prompt
NEW YouTube Player (see lede image) including HTML5 video support (video playback doesn't have to be full screen) And you get custom UI, so YouTube Closed Captions are in
NEW File picker (see above image)
NEW Geofencing API for location-based reminders
NEW Background tasks: Bluetooth signal strength, Chat message notification, Device connection change, Device use trigger, Gatt characteristic notification, Location, Push notification, Rfcomm connection, System event, Timer
NEW Slide down to close apps
NEW Navigation bar color selection
NEW USB choices
NEW Updated camera layout, similar to Windows 8.1 (see photo below)
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
OneDrive (previously SkyDrive) with integrated file browser (just like Windows 8.1)
Filter through installed apps by usage/install date
Select multiple tiles when customising the Start screen
More efficient multitasking
Ability to install apps on inserted SD Cards
Internet Explorer 11 improved with WebGL and Normal mapping support
Separate volume controls for ringer, media, etc.
Bing smart search (similar search system as Windows 8.1)
Xbox Music and Xbox Video as standalone apps instead of the Music + Video Hub (allowing more updates to be pushed)
Redesigned Xbox Game Hub
Twitter integrated more deeply into the contacts Hub
Facebook account option REMOVED (updated)
Quick settings access (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) by doing a quick swipe from the top of the screen
Action Center accessed by doing a full swipe from up to the bottom (separate from the Notification Center)
Silent notifications which go directly to the Action center
Possibility to mark a Live Tile as read by swiping from the left of said tile
'Cortana' smart agent performs the same tasks as Siri and Google Now and even more, including data from Foursquare (MS INVEST)
Auto-updates for apps (just like Windows 8.1)
Better backup functionality
Improved keyboard
Bluetooth 4.0 LE (to non-Lumia Windows Phones)
Feature to mirror Windows Phone screens to TVs and/or monitors

Developers leak new features included in Windows Phone 8.1 SDK | Windows Phone Central

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

WOW ... 8.1 is going to be awesome and the announcement is like 6 weeks away... awesome

Flash

Lost in speed

That's hell a lot of features. People with >820 is going to be lucky..

Action center leak:
*www.winbeta.org/sites/default/files/ActionCenter.jpg

reniarahim1

Youngling

That's hell a lot of features. People with >820 is going to be lucky..

Action center leak:
*www.winbeta.org/sites/default/files/ActionCenter.jpg

Why >820? MS has already told that this update will be available for all devices running WP8

GayleShier

Broken In

windows phones are sound options to go with and no that bad as has been advertised about them, why, now the time, i am thinking of buying one soon probably a month after .. so any good suggestions are appreciated by me

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Why >820? MS has already told that this update will be available for all devices running WP8

Its higly likely that a few features wont trickle down to 512MB devices like the 520. I am betting on the multitasking changes to be unavailable.

Top Bottom