The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^ Try connecting via wifi from PC. Me too got some update errors, but finally updated after trying several times.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Tried updating my 520 via 3G WiFi... After 3 minutes of "checking for updates...", it says "we can't check for updates (error code)". WTF???

Mine came installed with Amber + GDR2. Gonna need both Black and GDR3. What to do? Go to Nokia Care? Any other suggestions??

P.S. 3G was working fine. I setup and synced FB and Google accounts in a jiffy. Downloaded FB, Whatsapp, and updated several other apps. Only the phone update didn't work. :(

AFAIK, phone updates are supported only over WiFi.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Tried updating my 520 via 3G WiFi... After 3 minutes of "checking for updates...", it says "we can't check for updates (error code)". WTF???

Mine came installed with Amber + GDR2. Gonna need both Black and GDR3. What to do? Go to Nokia Care? Any other suggestions??

P.S. 3G was working fine. I setup and synced FB and Google accounts in a jiffy. Downloaded FB, Whatsapp, and updated several other apps. Only the phone update didn't work. :(

There's a checkbox in Phone Update settings - 'Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it'. Enable it and try checking for updates on 3G again.

There's a checkbox in Phone Update settings - 'Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it'. Enable it and try checking for updates on 3G again.

Already enabled.

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK, phone updates are supported only over WiFi.

Was updating via WiFi. My bro-in-law has insane 3G speeds (Xperia Z; Airtel). Was sharing his data connection. Like I said, everything else was working super-fast, only the phone update didn't work.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Already enabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Was updating via WiFi. My bro-in-law has insane 3G speeds (Xperia Z; Airtel). Was sharing his data connection. Like I said, everything else was working super-fast, only the phone update didn't work.

If you mean to say that you were using your phone to a WiFi netwrk on an Xperia, then you should be able to update I think. Just try a couple of times, sometimes it takes a few attempts to pick up the update. Also, keep you phone plugged into the wall socket all throught the process.

My 3G has activated. :D

Immediately checked for update. Found it. Now I need somebody's WiFi to download it.
*sigh* if only I had a wireless router, I could've used my PC internet.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Take a look at this:

Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central

• Notification center – Alerts, non-Toast notifications, update history, more
  • App and Game data stored on SD cards
  • New Email sync options with accordance to usage patterns (i.e. If you get a lot of mail on particular days and if you don’t check mail every day).
  • Office Lens support for scanning documents with camera, import into Office with OCR
  • VPN support built in
  • Start screen backgrounds :D:D:D
  • File picker
  • Quiet Hours - Disable notifications during pre-selected timeframe
  • Separate volume controls for ringtones/notifications and music/media
  • Search button will be the new way to open Speech (aka ‘Cortana’)
  • Swipe keyboard option - “Write, when I swipe through letters”.
  • Media editing: audio and video; Audio effects, video effects; Slow motion video
  • Mute Thread - Optionally silence text threads
  • In-call speech commands. You’ll be able to say “Call XXXXXX”.
  • Battery Power Sense – App to monitor which apps draw the most power

:hyper::clap2::doublethumb::bananana:

Piyush

Lanaya

Was waiting for these ones specifically:
Audio/video transcoding, Hardware accelerated
JavaScript and HTML for app development
YouTube Player including HTML5 video support

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

There is supposedly a L635 planned , possibly for MWC, and another 18xx - date not known.

However I'd be very sceptical of any new Lumias until April. I'd bet that any new Lumia will come with WP8.1.

All current wp8 devices will get an update to wp8.1 and the lumia 720 and 820 have excellent battery life (have both of them at home) am myself switching to my 720 after my exams (stuck with my old bold 5 for now)

- - - Updated - - -

The 720 battery lasts at least 1-2 days easily with rough use

All the stuff I said are only rumors. The reduction in internal memory shouldn't be much of an issue as WP 8.1 supports installing apps to the memory card according to the latest Sdk leaks..

Now it is confirmed that, there will be no new WP handset on this MWC. We might have to wait till the launch of WP 8.1 which is on April. So I don't see any hope of international version of ICON

Flash

Lost in speed

Facebook buys WhatsApp for $16 billion | Windows Phone Central

- - - Updated - - -

What's next, viber?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Facebook buys WhatsApp for $16 billion | Windows Phone Central

- - - Updated - - -

What's next, viber?

Viber's already taken.

- - - Updated - - -

Now it is confirmed that, there will be no new WP handset on this MWC. We might have to wait till the launch of WP 8.1 which is on April. So I don't see any hope of international version of ICON

International version of the ICON can possibly be the first handset to launch with 8.1, dont you think ? :)

Top Bottom