The Windows Mobile Thread

reniarahim1

Youngling
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Its higly likely that a few features wont trickle down to 512MB devices like the 520. I am betting on the multitasking changes to be unavailable.

Don't think so. As of now the changes which didn't flow down to lower devices like L520 were nokia specific updates.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Don't think so. As of now the changes which didn't flow down to lower devices like L520 were nokia specific updates.

Yes, but as of date nothing was added to WP that was a massive change by any means. Multitasking needs plenty of RAM, especially when WP forces RAM constraints (When you have an upper limit set for the RAM that can be used, that also means that you set the max number of apps that can run at any given time - 8 - which is already a clear indication of dynamic page swaps between memory and flash storage. I have the hunch that anything that tries to improve on this, is going to be subject to the same conditions, if not more stringent. ie, if there is better multitasking in WP8.1 its likely to exclude the 512MB devices)

And the L525 launching with 1G RAM, thats possibly an indicator I'd think.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

@pranav and all, whats new in Black Update except the new glance screen, anything i should look for which is special and in store?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Its like iOS. and that's OK. at least everybody gets it.

Yep. The IOS model the the way to go (at the very least).

- - - Updated - - -

@pranav and all, whats new in Black Update except the new glance screen, anything i should look for which is special and in store?

Double tap to wake, driving mode, camera app can be changed to use Nokia camera (excellent), force close apps if thats your type, call+sms filter, screen rotation control, display calibration. I may be wrong in the sense that some of these came before black (GDR3 + Nokia firmware), cant quite remember when a particular feature first appeared, sorry.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Can we expect any good device from nokia- Microsoft to compete with motog?
Something with good battery,dual sim would be gr8

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

L525, only has single sim though.

not really for me.. :(

Facing battery issue on my 520. Internet surfing through 3g network consumes lots of battery.

Requirements:
1 gb ram
Camera flash
Better battery at least 2200mah,
4.5 inch display.
Price below 15k ;)

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

not really for me.. :(

Facing battery issue on my 520. Internet surfing through 3g network consumes lots of battery.

Requirements:
1 gb ram
Camera flash
Better battery at least 2200mah,
4.5 inch display.
Price below 15k ;)

from what I know, the Moto g doesn't do anything much better in the battery life department.

L1520 then :p

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

from what I know, the Moto g doesn't do anything much better in the battery life department.

L1520 then :p

Thats why did not booked it.
lets hope the 720's update comes with good battery.
BTW are you aware of the new upcoming models of WP8??

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Thats why did not booked it.
lets hope the 720's update comes with good battery.
BTW are you aware of the new upcoming models of WP8??

There is supposedly a L635 planned , possibly for MWC, and another 18xx - date not known.

However I'd be very sceptical of any new Lumias until April. I'd bet that any new Lumia will come with WP8.1.

There is supposedly a L635 planned , possibly for MWC, and another 18xx - date not known.

However I'd be very sceptical of any new Lumias until April. I'd bet that any new Lumia will come with WP8.1.

Lumia ICON is sexy, its unfortunate that it doesn't have a global version

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Lumia ICON is sexy, its unfortunate that it doesn't have a global version

There is. But the majority numbering scheme doesn't seem to fit in with 18xx.. So I am not sure.

The international version will ditch the 32gb for 16gb + SD card.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Lumia 1820 is a rumor, there is no authenticity of it. moving from 32 to 16GB will be BIG downgrade, specially for a flagship device

All the stuff I said are only rumors. The reduction in internal memory shouldn't be much of an issue as WP 8.1 supports installing apps to the memory card according to the latest Sdk leaks..

Tried updating my 520 via 3G WiFi... After 3 minutes of "checking for updates...", it says "we can't check for updates (error code)". WTF???

Mine came installed with Amber + GDR2. Gonna need both Black and GDR3. What to do? Go to Nokia Care? Any other suggestions??

P.S. 3G was working fine. I setup and synced FB and Google accounts in a jiffy. Downloaded FB, Whatsapp, and updated several other apps. Only the phone update didn't work. :(

Top Bottom