The Windows Mobile Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

I love WP for its simplicity and fluid-ness ... I have installed 8 games and 12 software and almost dont use any of them daily :D

I have hacked the Wp7.8 and now I have file browser, static ip n all ...I donno what more I want from a handset.

Empirial

Youngling

Any WP User here tried this trick : Offline download on UC browser for Windows Phone 8 - Windows Phone7/8 - UC FORUM - Powered by Discuz!

Gauravs90

geek........

Text wrap perfectly works on wp8 on gptoday.com I donot see any problem there, what problem you have?

sujoyp

Grand Master

ok ok its not hacked its "Unlocked" wp 7.8 handset :D :D for common people I use the term hack everywhere ;)

but at least now applications can be directly installed on the handset...first thing I did was to install nokia maps :)

Wrong. Nokia express browser does data-compression. Anyways I dont care about this part IE is plenty for me even with the flash-support lacking. I can look up youtube and thats the only flash site I care about.
Text warp (reflow) doesnt work, agree. I never so far needed to do it, but then I dont browse much so I cant speak for everyone.

Yes. I recommend a L920 for 30k. Thats why I got it.
I'd recommend it at 37k, thats how much I paid for it. But not now - now would be the time to wait for the next wave of devices.

Its not like I didnt have choices. I did. Its not like I didnt know the android experience - I did.
I did my research, I know my usage patterns. I dont wish to root and stuff. I dont play much games. I didnt use whatsapp or flipboard (free msg offer is what I use for the ones I care dont always have net connectivity and therefore I NEED text messaging, whereas IM is just a value add-on). I wanted a fuss-free phone. And a stand-out device that shows me where my money went.

S3, S4 were ruled out because I positively hate their cheap looks and build. HTC One was on the horizon, but couldnt compete with the L920 on camera and audio and didn't really have anything else that made me favour it. The Xperia is too cold and feels like a fish to hold - glass on the back is a stupid design idea.

Then there is the Live tiles which I like a lot. And the monolithic design of WP. I am also a bit concerned on maps - personally preferred Google maps but offline search is a feature I have come to love (like I pointed out earlier I dont use data plans - its either wifi at work or home) Nokia maps looks a lot less detailed where I live, even though sometimes slightly inaccurate but it hasnt let me down yet and thats as good a test as any for usability. And I have the option of google maps anyways if I really need it (Use gmaps or google maps to search and find the location before you start and then use Nokia maps to route offline. Hell I can (and I have) even reroute offline without data because Nokia maps supports it should I unfortunately need to. Try beating that.)

So here is your answer : I recommend a L920 over any other phone if you have the cash to burn and your needs are met. Cant say about the BB10 devices - they are not for me, maybe for somebody else.

There is no absoluteness here. No pride or prejudice. L920 was the best phone for me, and it is for a lot of people. We dont give a damn about the number of cores you got. :p

HERE Drive + is a very good application and is your best friend when you are list. Just update the latest maps and you won't find anything inaccurate

Flash

Lost in speed

L625 is way better than L620.
If correctly priced, L625 will take on L520.

Flash

Lost in speed

How much is it priced?
L625 pictures are just leaked; so that means there's no official announcement on the phone itself. :mrgreen:
Only when it's officially out, we will know the price.. I guess, it will be priced around 14-15k. (between 620 & 720)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I think I need to Hard Reset my phone :(

App Updates are not showing for me, it's been a month, App Updates doesn't appear in Live Tile.

Googled it, and came to know that, it's a Bug with MS Store and many users have faced this problem. There's no perfect fix, but few peoples have fixed it with Unpinning the Live Tile > Clear IE Cache > Soft Reset > Re-Pin Live Tile.

But the solution didn't worked for me. Called MS Support, and as usual for any problem they says "Hard Reset Your Phone"

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Is there any option in WP7.8 like "Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not sms)" under Find my phone of Settings section?>

Flash

Lost in speed

Ok. It must be sujoyp who's on WP7.8

Actually, we receive app updates via these push notifications.
You should be getting the updates once in a day or two, after checking that option..

Top Bottom