The Windows Mobile Thread

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

No, it'l be for €220 or $290 in India, Asia pacific, China and a couple of more countries on its release..(Source GeekBuddy)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Thanks but tried all those including Hard Reset. Nothing fixed the problem :(
I had seen this very early on, it fixed itself. I never had ssues for anything more than 3 days...
I may or may not be talking of the same 'issue' but all I did was manually go to the marketplace and browse apps for some 3-4 times over those days... And then one day it shows the updates on the tile and has been so ever since.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

I want somebody other than Nokia take real interest in WP. It's all about Lumia now, not WP.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

TBH, Nokia is the reason I am hopeful about WP. If not for them it was down to devices like the 8X or the Ativ S. There was nothing in them that android didnt offer except the UI. As much as I like the UI, its not enough by itself to make me stay. If not for Nokia, I'd probably sporting a Nexus 4 or a S4 with stock jellybean or a One.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Lumia 900 fo Rs14,000
Online Shopping India - Bagitgetit.com
Is it legit? Second hand?

Why would you want to buy it?
1. Outdated phone at the end of its OS upgrade line.
2. Seller warranty only
3. Any site that outight asks for my mail ID and phone number is sneaky at best and god-knows-what at worst.

Bottomline: Stay away.

dummydave

Broken In

guys need ur opinion...

I m very much intrested in lumia 720....
But most my frndz sayin not to go for it....sayin low ram ...very few apps n all..

But still i wanna go for this cell coz its very gud...

Still can u all clear my doubts ...512 ram z sufficient ??

Apps?? There r few apps nly is that tru??

Hows d os...??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

^^This is the problem with many people out there. They never touched a WP8 Device and sometime back when WP7.5 was there may be some review came up with No Apps and it's the same news circulating within everyone.

I'm a WP8 user and it's been 3 Months I'm facing no problem and absolutely loving it.

There are tons of Apps, yes I agree that it's still lower than Android, but all the essentials or day to day apps which I need is present here. And I don't feel lack of any apps till now. Now who needs those Chinese apps, A Rated Apps and all?

And 512MB RAM in WP8 Devcie is more than enough to run the device smoothly and run almost 80% of the Apps and Games. Still developers are streamlining the games to run on 512MB RAM Devices, because almost 90% of the WP8 Devices in market have 512MB RAM.

WP8 is not memory hogging OS like Android, so 512MB is more than fine and you won't feel any lack of Apps if you are not try-all-the-apps-in-market kinda person. All the essential apps or day to day apps that a person may need is present here.

I was previously on Android too, I don't feel anything missing yet after 3 Months of using WP8. Instead Androids within 10 - 15k starts lagging after installing few apps and using it for a month or two.

dummydave

Broken In

wow....thanx man....

Yup i used tab 10.1....inspite gud proccy n ram..it seems laggy ...n i nvr liked android in frst place....dunno y...

N yup i dnt need all d apps...
Jus whstpp a video player n few timepass stuff..

Games usually dnt play much

Also sum say lumia gt some mic problem..?? Is that true.....n do v gt chrging plate or v need to buy it separatley

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I didn't face any Mic problem on my 620. And that charging plate thing doesn't applies for 620, so no idea :p

Wait for someone to reply briefly regarding it.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

wow....thanx man....

Yup i used tab 10.1....inspite gud proccy n ram..it seems laggy ...n i nvr liked android in frst place....dunno y...

N yup i dnt need all d apps...
Jus whstpp a video player n few timepass stuff..

Games usually dnt play much

Also sum say lumia gt some mic problem..?? Is that true.....n do v gt chrging plate or v need to buy it separatley

Remember that WP8 still doesnt have any apps that can play .mkv , .flv and some other formats. However it'll play even 1080p files of other formats like MP4, DivX etc just fine without any lag - even on 512MB phones.

Whatsapp was crappy, now much much better but resuming still takes about ~2 seconds and you cant send music or video that you have already stored on your phone via whatsapp.
EDIT:Although you can email them freely, including attached audio (possibly video, never tried sending a video).

I am not aware of any mic problem. If you are talking about wireless charging, then yes, you have to get the shell and the wireless charger separately.
But of course you do get a normal USB charger bundled with the phone.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed

Still can u all clear my doubts ...512 ram z sufficient ??
Apps?? There r few apps nly is that tru??
Regarding the 512MB dilemma, it will clear your doubts. Though there are some (very few) apps & games, that will need 1GB RAM, but am sure that it will be optimized for 512MB..
What percentage of apps are incompatible with 512MB RAM devices?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Is it some kind of screen covering?

Its a polariser that helps reduce reflections from the screen and make the blacks appears darker (though not as dark as an amoled of course)

It helps sunlight visibility by reducing the reflection. The other trick has got no technical name but is quite significant. The screen changes the colors of the content on the screen when its in sunlight to increase contrast - this means that you will notice the stuff change color, grays become paler and the dark stuff becomes darker, on the screen when out in the open under harsh light - but it really helps visibility. A true little gem, if you ask me. And if you dont like it, can be disabled.

Top Bottom