The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 'Amber' Update Detailed

Here’s what’s new in versions 8.0.10327.77 and 8.0.10328.78:

• Xbox Music. It’s now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.
  • FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones.)
  • Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone’s data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)
  • Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.
  • Internet Explorer. Your web browsing experience is now better than ever with improved HTML 5 compatibility.
  • Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)
  • Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.

sinhead

Broken In

I'm planning to get a Lumia 720. I have been reading complaints about its screen freezing, phone switching off frequently. Any sugestions?

Flash

Lost in speed

Samsung ChatOn lands on Windows Phone | The Full Signal

Tried yesterday. It's better than Whatsapp :p
Cool chat UI..

Flash

Lost in speed

After i tried Chaton yesterday, i find it more cooler than Whatsapp coz of its cool UI.
Screenshot from WStore.

*i.imgur.com/wcdHEg9.png

[h=1]Nokia Lumia 625: 4.7-inch Display, Dual Core Processor Smartphone Gets Leaked[/h]

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

Any idea on how to remove the other storage?? i have about 1.8 GB under other storage...

I have installed Adobe reader and PDF reader in my L520 but they both are showing that no pdf is available for display even though i have a bunch of pdfs in my SD card.. do i need to store them in the phone memory??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Any idea on how to remove the other storage?? i have about 1.8 GB under other storage...

I have installed Adobe reader and PDF reader in my L520 but they both are showing that no pdf is available for display even though i have a bunch of pdfs in my SD card.. do i need to store them in the phone memory??

I guess they needs to be placed under Documents. Phone Memory / SD Card doesn't matter.

Apps in WP8 reads file from specific folders. You can't just create folders of your own. And can't browse as it lacks File Manager.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

I guess they needs to be placed under Documents. Phone Memory / SD Card doesn't matter.

Apps in WP8 reads file from specific folders. You can't just create folders of your own. And can't browse as it lacks File Manager.

So creating a "Documents" folder in the SD card and then storing the pdf would suffice the purpose.. thanks..

Other Storage??

Still showing that no files are available even after placing it under "Documents"..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Hold on I have some PDF. Let me check the folder :p

Sorry bro, can't find the PDF's :(

I have downloaded them and I can read them using Reader, but it's not showing when connected to PC. I guess WP8 stores them on some isolated places :(

Another fault, if I download something I should get it, storing them on some isolated places is not at all justified.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I don't like this folder specific idea anyways. WP8 should have a file manager. It's too daunting to maintain everything by apps.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Is that what we call a 'file manager' ?
EDIT: I get it now.

I'd be fine with apps doing all the work as long as they can atleast find the stuff from anywhere on the phone. At the very least, atleast being able to drop files into the appropriate folders should be fine. It currently only works for ringtones.

Top Bottom