The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Is this true?

"MS has this restriction where even on 1 GB RAM devices, no single app (game) can actually utilise more than 380 MB of RAM. THAT, there is the problem. So when a Dev says 1 GB needed, he/she actually has only 380 MB of RAM to work with. This applies only to 1 GB devices and is lesser for 512 MB devices and so now you can see why it takes so long to "optimise" or port to the bulk of the WP userbase

What's the use of 1GB RAM then?

Temple Run now available for Windows Phone 8 devices with 512MB RAM | Windows Phone Central

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Is this true?

What's the use of 1GB RAM then?

Temple Run now available for Windows Phone 8 devices with 512MB RAM | Windows Phone Central

Yes, in fact, for most games its 150MB, not 380.
Though I understand your frustration, its precisely what keeps WP phones, so snappy even when running multiple games simultaneousy.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

As it's a hardware button, and it's MS, I don't think you have any way to disable that. If it was android you could have do something in the ROM. But here you don't have that permission.

Flash

Lost in speed

Sometimes i accidentally use it, when i'm too lazy to type google.com/or to open Google app. :lol:
Bing lacks the 6th sense, which Google uses it efficiently to show results..

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

How many of you use the "bing" button? Sometimes its really annoying...How to disable that??

No way to disable it.

However with Bing being promoted as a platform now, I expect it to get better. Its not bad per se, but pales in comparison to google right now :>

raj_in

In the zone

this may seem like or is probably a stupid set of questions
1.in terms of performance is lumia 520 = lumia 720 (under the hood same processors same ram etc) ??

2. lumia 620 & 720 has different processors (why? if anyone knows ) & which one is more powerful ?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent

I hope the new update allows me to disable auto-rotation. Can't use the phone in bed because of it.

this may seem like or is probably a stupid set of questions
1.in terms of performance is lumia 520 = lumia 720 (under the hood same processors same ram etc) ??

2. lumia 620 & 720 has different processors (why? if anyone knows ) & which one is more powerful ?

The 520,620 and 720 are similar in terms of its processor, RAM and Graphics. A game that runs smooth on the 520 will run smooth on a 720 too.
They differ in camera, battery,screen etc etc

Flash

Lost in speed

^ except for the camera part..

Microsoft has revealed details of its next Windows Phone 8 update, GDR2, but fans of the platform shouldn't expect a significant refresh of the OS until early 2014, new leaks suggest.

:cry:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

^ except for the camera part..

Microsoft has revealed details of its next Windows Phone 8 update, GDR2, but fans of the platform shouldn't expect a significant refresh of the OS until early 2014, new leaks suggest.

:cry:

Except for the camera ??

Flash

Lost in speed

What?
I didn't get an update notifcation :|

Anyway, manually installing it.. :mrgreen:

Except for the camera ??
Yes. 1020 shines well in camera part than its predecessors..

[h=2]Camera[/h]Lumia 1020 – 41-megapixel PureView, OIS, Xenon flash
Lumia 925 – 8.7-megapixel, OIS, LED flash
Lumia 920 - 8.7-megapixel, OIS, LED flash

[h=2]Design[/h]Lumia 1020 – classic Lumia polycarbonate
Lumia 925 – plastic rear, aluminium sides
Lumia 920 - classic Lumia polycarbonate

[h=2]Screen[/h]Lumia 1020 – 4.5-inch AMOLED, 1,280 x 768 pixels
Lumia 925 - 4.5-inch AMOLED, 1,280 x 768 pixels
Lumia 920 - 4.5-inch IPS, 1,280 x 768 pixels

[h=2]CPU and Power[/h]Lumia 1020 – Dual-core 1.5GHz Krait (via S4 SoC), 2GB RAM
Lumia 925 - Dual-core 1.5GHz Krait, 1GB RAM
Lumia 920 - Dual-core 1.5GHz Krait, 1GB RAM

*www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/nokia-lumia-1020-vs-lumia-925-vs-lumia-920

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

^ Except means 'other than' - I read your comment as "The 1020 looks good in all things other than the camera (which is not good)"

Thats the best WP device yet that Nokia can possibly push out until GDR3 comes out with 1080p, quad core support and possibly rotation lock.

Nokia has peaked. Now its upto MS to carry the baton.

Flash

Lost in speed

"Except - Other than" = Oh! Got it now.. :mrgreen:

Whatsapp -
- Big image thumbnail
- Revamped smileys

What's new then!?

KDroid

Cyborg Agent

"Except - Other than" = Oh! Got it now.. :mrgreen:

Whatsapp -
- Big image thumbnail
- Revamped smileys

What's new then!?

NO longer uses the Music API. Uses Push notifications. Will improve battery life. But, You can no longer use the Battery saver if you want to receive Push Notifications.

Major update. Still needs some major improvements. App crashed a couple of times after the update.

Had asked them to add searching of conversation. The current search option to search my conversations for a particular word/phrase gives back all the results. But when you tap on any of the results to see what the conversation was, it doesn't take you there and actually takes you to the latest end of conversation.

Also, the contact photos take a second to load after the app opens.

Flash

Lost in speed

and
- No background image selection, as in Android.
- No audio/video sharing, apart from the recorded ones.

Top Bottom