The Windows Mobile Thread

Empirial

Youngling
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Is it possible to upgrade WP8 Firmware using a Windows Vista Lappy/Pc? AFAIK WP8 Phones are not detected by Zune so did MS released any other PC Suite for WP8?

Gauravs90

geek........

Is it possible to upgrade WP8 Firmware using a Windows Vista Lappy/Pc? AFAIK WP8 Phones are not detected by Zune so did MS released any other PC Suite for WP8?

WP8 firmwares are updated by manufacturers respective software suits. Like nokia lumia wp8 can be updated by Nokia care suit or Nokia update for retail.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Funniest part is it is android 2.3 but marketed as 4.0
They have changed the build.prop to make it seem like android 4.0

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

In their ADs they use WP8 and Nokia's icons. I hope they get sued like hell. Such a blatant and shameless ripoff.

ankit360

Journeyman

my friend got nokia 520 from local store in thane - mumbai
no problem reported till now . he was using bada previously

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Karbonn is from India. :D
The ripoffs confirm that, WP got some stuff in there. .

I updated my Lumia 920 firmware to 1308. Amazing battery life. The method of clearing temporary files is good.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I updated my Lumia 920 firmware to 1308. Amazing battery life. The method of clearing temporary files is good.

Whoa! I already am happy with my battery life pre-update. How many hours were you getting earlier and under what level of usage and how many are you getting post update?
Also, how did you update?

EDIT: just checked and see update is available for mine as well. However I'll wait before downloading to see how is the public response :D

Whoa! I already am happy with my battery life pre-update. How many hours were you getting earlier and under what level of usage and how many are you getting post update?
Also, how did you update?

EDIT: just checked and see update is available for mine as well. However I'll wait before downloading to see how is the public response :D

Its been 7 hours, battery saver on, WiFi connected, made a couple of skype calls and still battery is 100%.

You'll need to manually check for the updates.
First, connect to wifi, it will not work on data connection.
Then go to Settings > Phone Updates > and click on "Check for Updates"
It will automatically start downloading the updates.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Oh no. Thats looks like that battery bug :(

Can you switch off the phone and then turn it on again and see what is the percentage of the battery reported then?

reniarahim1

Youngling

windows phone 8 gdr3 update coming with 1080p support..
source Microsoft to issue GDR3 Windows Phone 8 update by the end of the year, support for 1080p displays in tow - GSMArena Blog

Top Bottom