The Windows Mobile Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

I just did a google search and found that Data Sense is exclusive for Verizon users in US, only. We won't be getting it. It is a worthy App. We, Indians, need it badly as there are no true unlimited 2g or 3g plans in India as of now.

sad :(

Flash

Lost in speed

The native app itself plays lots of format, but not .flv & .mkv

Gauravs90

geek........

Data sense will be available to all wp8 phone ones they are updated to 1308 firmware.

Flash

Lost in speed

I need Data Counter or Data Sense app for my Lumia 920. In indian - Microsoft Community

Shah

Cyborg Agent

I need Data Counter or Data Sense app for my Lumia 920. In indian - Microsoft Community

Forget Datasense–Huawei Ascent W1 has a traffic manager.

EDIT

Upcoming Huawei Ascend W2

Upcoming Double Tap To Awake And On-screen Clock Update For Nokia Lumia Devices Demoed

Flash

Lost in speed

^ Nailed it, on their site.
BTW, how's the Counters | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) app, anyone using it?

RahulBiswas

Broken In

Lumia 720 listed on flipkart for 18500 INR .. So I guess only a few lucky people got it @ 15.5k on ebay :( :banghead: ... Now it's out of my budget

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

As a customer I wouldnt care if a manufacturer has only one series or a thousand. All I'd want to know is that my hard earned money is put in the hands of someone who'd make sure I feel well tended to.

Yes, theoretically the 720 should have much better battery life as compared to the 920. It has the exact same battery and much fewer pixels (- 2.5x pixels) to drive, not to mention a less power hungry proccessor and GPU. I'd expect it to do significantly better than the 920. PS: It might to extremely well in the real world tests, but not so good in "scientific" tests like looping a video or looping a webpage, etc. Thats because the advantages from what I'd expect are in the standby department which a real phone spends a lot of time in. In short I'd expect to see some 10-20 % better battery life under controlled tests and nearly 30-50% in the real world. of course I dont have the numbers yet, and so this is plain speculation (but a rational one) from my part.

Nokia Lumia 720 battery testing is complete, here are the results - GSMArena Blog

What did i say people :D :)

Flash

Lost in speed

Finally, a review on Lumia 520.
Nokia Lumia 520 review | NDTV Gadgets

kaudey

Journeyman

Hello, can you please tell me the best way to import all the data (contacts, messages and notes) from my galaxy pop to a Lumia 520? I am planning to exchange my pop with a Lumia 520 tomorrow, so I would not be having the pop with me after I get my Lumia 520. Please suggest accordingly.

THanks

noob

Cyborg Agent

Pop is an Android phone...so i assume that all your contacts are already in Gmail Contacts. In that case, simply add a Gmail account to your new WP. It should pull all the contacts and add it to People app/Contact list in WP.

Top Bottom