The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

But, I think it's better to wait for the reviews before jumping and buying the device.
Yes. It's advisable to buy after a week of the market launch, to check for any problems from the first buyers.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Images of an alleged Nokia tablet, running Adidas micoach app leak out.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Source

Shah

Cyborg Agent

What you suggest ? Should i buy the 820 or wait for 720 ??

If you can afford 820, go for it. What If MS says that the next major update of WP will be available for only devices with more than 1GB RAM?
IMO, 720 looks much better than 820. But, to be future proof, it is better to stick with 820.

Flash

Lost in speed

Reported problems

• Wi-Fi connection was, on launch devices, lost when the phone is locked. Microsoft acknowledged the issue and issued a fix that has been distributed to most devices, as well as arriving as standard on some initially delayed phones.[SUP][46][/SUP][SUP][47][/SUP]
  • Windows Phone 8 users are reporting random reboots and freezes while in use.[SUP][48][/SUP] Microsoft delivered an update addressing these issues, which was reported to not completely solve the issues.[SUP][49][/SUP]
  • Battery issues have been reported that seem to be improved by disabling the tap + send (NFC) feature.[SUP][48][/SUP]
  • Many users are reporting Bluetooth pairing issues with car Bluetooth systems[SUP][50][/SUP]
  • Videos larger than 4GB get corrupted when transferred to the computer.[SUP][51][/SUP]
  • Users have reported storage space loss over time, attributed to an ever-growing storage section labeled "other." Only a factory-state reset has been reported to reclaim this space.[SUP][52][/SUP][SUP][53][/SUP]
  • On December 14, Google announced that it would drop Exchange support (meaning that Gmail/Google Calendar Windows Phone users would be unable to connect), pushing the open CalDAV/CardDAV standard.[SUP][54][/SUP] Exchange support was then extended until July 31 on January 30, while Microsoft works on developing CalDAV/CardDAV support for Windows Phone.[SUP][55][/SUP][SUP][56][/SUP]
  • There is a bug that crashes applications, in the date parsing routines, that affect users in some regions.[SUP][57][/SUP]
Windows Phone 8 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any WP8 users here, got these problems?

arian29

In the zone

Anyone has any coupon codes for snapdeal ? was thinking of getting the 820 from there :) :-D

arian29

In the zone

@Gearbox
oh no.. didn't notice this.. now i am actually thinking if i should buy a windows phone.. cos the calendar is going to affect me big time :(

Link >> Sync Squabble Between Microsoft and Google Confusing Users -- Redmondmag.com
Another link >> *www.theverge.com/2013/1/21/3832838/windows-phone-carddav-caldav-support

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Windows Phone 8 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any WP8 users here, got these problems?

1) No.
2) No.
3) Was amongst the first things I disabled, hence no idea.
4) No idea, never tried.
5) Havent tried.
6) True, but not alarming as people make it for me. Nokia has an app to solve this thats already released in the US, so will be here anytime. Not worried :)
7) I get Gmail, i have set it to auto sync every 30 minutes though.
8) Dont know. Nokia drive sometime crashes at alunch if data is enabled in the options but a connection is not available. Fix is to simply disable data before launching the app. Not a strctly reprodicible crash though.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

1) No.
2) No.
3) Was amongst the first things I disabled, hence no idea.
4) No idea, never tried.
5) Havent tried.
6) True, but not alarming as people make it for me. Nokia has an app to solve this thats already released in the US, so will be here anytime. Not worried :)
7) I get Gmail, i have set it to auto sync every 30 minutes though.
8) Dont know. Nokia drive sometime crashes at alunch if data is enabled in the options but a connection is not available. Fix is to simply disable data before launching the app. Not a strctly reprodicible crash though.

Is Data Sense present in your L920? Let me know it, please.

Flash

Lost in speed

For the lumia owners :mrgreen:
Nokia offering free taxi rides to Nokia Lumia owners in Poland | WMPoweruser

Top Bottom