The Windows Mobile Thread

arian29

In the zone
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Unable to install truecaller on my wp7 lumia. it doesn't show the install option. is TC not available for India marketplace (shows in marketplace but without install option).. it is there on android ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ well, if its written that its not available for Indian marketplace, then it probably is not available to download.. :|

@ssk: I was able to transfer contacts from symbian to wp7 by exporting the CSV. :D

Also was able to use wifi. :bananana:
It turns out that refreshing the page gives me the submit button.
Now using the wifi to download nice apps.

Is there some kind of file manager available for wp7 like Astro, using which we can browse the content of phone memory? Or else sky drive app is the only last resort.

Last edited:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

to keep things simple, there is no file manager, it might come with tango as a certain percentage of users are demanding it... even then a full fledged file manager is unlikely

and skydrive is for managing the free 25 gb of online storage you get, not the phone memory

Unable to install truecaller on my wp7 lumia. it doesn't show the install option. is TC not available for India marketplace (shows in marketplace but without install option).. it is there on android ?

true dialer is available not true caller

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I finally wrote my review for windows phone OS.
I hope I have justified it.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152992

aroraanant

Explorer

Well a friend mine owns a HTC Trophy and he brought it to me as soon as he got it(from Australia) around a month or two back. Though I didn't used it much but still updated it from the old windows version to Mango as he was not having any idea how to do it.
Both the phone and OS are very smooth.I didn't experienced any lag while using it(though I didn't used for a long time,but still).
I was having a Windows 6.1 HTC Touch(which must be lying in some corner of my house now) and was pretty satisfied it when I bought it around 2.5-3yrs back.
But when Android came I thought now it is the end of windows and then after some time windows 7 arrived for mobiles but still it was not good but after the mango update it is kind of a something different and felt good but still Microsoft needs to look out for many issues which are there in Mango.
I still love android but Windows 7 phones are good for people who just want a simple yet a good phone which is smooth enough.
And 2 days back I got hands on Omnia W, it was also good but I found HTC Trophy to be much better.Yes I know they shouldn't be compared as there is a lot of price difference and they can't be compared also as there was a lot of difference in the touch,display,processing speed etc.
Will have a look at L

thydigit

Broken In

I am posting behalf of my friend. He has a 10month old Omnia 7. For the last 1 month, its having over heating issues while charging. When charged 100% it beeps and after 10mins, it starts to beep every ~10 secs and it gets hotter. During this the phone freezes, once restarted the battery drops to 50% and works without any problem. Cant claim warranty in India as its bought from US. Some say changing the battery will resolve this issue as the same experienced in some other models of Samsung. so please help! Thanks!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Battery dropping to 50% is really a strange phenomenon.
Usually phone has a inbuilt mechanism to stop the charging once it reaches to 100%. But even if it's not, its not advisable to charge it to full level. You can try to charge till 90% and see if the same problem persists.

Last edited:

thatsashok

peace panda

I got Samsung Focus and updated it to Mango

Pretty smooth TBH and I think Windows Phone is good for working people.

Can anyone suggest an IRC client application (free) for WP7

rajan1311

Padawan

guys with the Omnia W, can you please tell me this:

1) How is the GPS Navigation? Can you save your current location and navigate to it later?
2) Does it ever hang?
3) Are you facing any call drop/ any other issue?

Looking to buy one, Lumia 710 has way too many issues for my dad....

Quick response would be appreciated, want to use the 10% discount on ebay (valid till tomorrow)

sujoyp

Grand Master

I got my samsung Omnia W 2 days back and its just awesome phone :D (my last phone was nokia 5800)

1) gps is very fast...it even locks inside building in seconds ..didnt find setting to save it

2. nope no lags, no hangs

3. no call drop issue

the only 2 issue i faced were-

1. phones mic and speaker were not working initially but after updating my phone through zune this iisue is solved
2. cant send sms in 3g data mode...i am using a software called toggle on live tiles to activate deactivate 3g

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

^^contact the samsung service centre for not being able to send sms when 3g+ data is on, there seems to be a fix available

btw, congrats for the awesome phone ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master

Thanks ssk_the_gr8 :)

ok will contact samsung CC lets see if they can resolve it

sujoyp

Grand Master

whats the name of next update after mango???

tango is for entry level phones - a downgrade

thatsashok

peace panda

How true is this news ???

Windows Phone 7's Upgrade to WP8 Apollo Now Unclear

So Microsoft also acting like Apple and want users to buy latest hardware for new version of windows?

sujoyp

Grand Master

here is one more news :)
Thomas from WP7app.de has reportedly spoken to a few Microsoft reps regarding the availability of Windows Phone 8 ‘Apollo’ on older devices and if he’s to be beleived, there’s a good news for present Windows Phone users. He spoke to a few Microsoft employees at CeBIT in Hannover, Germany. While some of them keep their mouths shut about this matter, one Microsoft employee told them that second gen. Windows Phones will ‘definately’ get the ‘Apollo’ update, with possibly all features of it, while the first gen. Windows Phones will also get the update, but chances are greater that it’ll be a modified and ‘optimized’ version without all the modern features, Skype Video Calling for example. So, phones like HTC Radar, Samsung Omnia W and Nokia Lumia-s seems to be getting the update at the end of this year, when Microsoft is targetting the release of Windows Phone 8 ‘Apollo’.

Hopefully, we’ll hear some official announcement from Microsoft pretty soon, and if that happens, we can buy current WP7 devices with more confidence.

soo mango phones will get apollo but maybe old wp 7 phone will not get all features of apollo

source-> *smartphonegeeks.in/2012/03/second-gen-windows-phone-will-definately-get-windows-phone-8-apollo-update-say-microsoft-employees/

ishan_kkr

Journeyman

Hello!
I want to know that The latest Lumia series handsets have some 3rd party app. avaialble for automatically recording all the phone calls?

Top Bottom