The Windows Mobile Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^^ LoL.. I was kidding! :D

Btw.. the OS version is: 7.10.7720.68 (which is mango I suppose).

Also can you recommend me some gaming apps on WP7 for racing.. free and small in size. Small is important since I am on 2G!
And some benchmarking apps too! I want to test this baby a bit! :))

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

WP is not made for 2g , you have to use 3g or wifi to truly enjoy it.

small racing game is diifficult, give armored drive a try, it's not actually racing

you have an older phone which does not have adreno 205, but it can easily handle armored drive

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

WPBench.. it's the de facto standard for WP ... dont know if there's a cross platform benchmarking tool

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Lol... 1 GHz will obviously win, but yes, need a cross platform benchmarking app to really compare the two!

I just want to keep scores of WP7 for record purpose. It may help someone else later. Although HTC Mozart is already discontinued from the market, so there will be better phones at the same price now.

arian29

In the zone

suggest a good chat client for wp7... something like the imo in android. couldn't find Flory in marketplace :(

rajan1311

Padawan

suggest a good chat client for wp7... something like the imo in android. couldn't find Flory in marketplace :(

there are none :(

also, my dad (who is now using the Lumia 710) is on a prepaid connection. He does not get any notifications on his call charges, which you generally get..also, no data usage notification, no missed call notification (blinking lights?) as well..

He hating it for these basic reasons :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ Service notifications mostly comes on top. And I too don't get data usage notifications, to know which I think there is some number to call. Like for eg, in Airtel you have, *123*10#.

For the last one, i.e., missed call notification, that comes on the tile of home screen displayed along with a number.

Yes, WP7 is low on notifications. Something as basic as a status bar should have been implemented!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ Apollo should fix all these complains of your, if tango doesn't do it beforehand. but still at least M$ should have implemented this in mango only. some may say it as copying from Android but this is a necessity.

rajan1311

Padawan

no service notifications at all man(nothing on top)...at least balance notifications should have been implemented..

I know the tile tells me about the missed call, but i needed a notification which tells me that I have a notification without even unlocking the phone... they could make the windows button light on the phone strobe or something..

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

no service notifications at all man(nothing on top)...at least balance notifications should have been implemented..

I know the tile tells me about the missed call, but i needed a notification which tells me that I have a notification without even unlocking the phone... they could make the windows button light on the phone strobe or something..

something is definitely wrong cause i'm on prepaid and i get all my notifications
It's not a WP fault , it might be a network issue or nokia issue

@Vyom
i get data notifications too

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ Whats app is one good cross platform app right there! Although I use Viber on android for chat.

Btw.. faced two more issues in WP7...
1. How do we de-attach a hotmail ID from phone? I want to remove my Id from the settings and attach new (another) one. But the old one (mine) is unable to remove!

2. Is there any way to import contacts from a Symbian phone?
One solution is to import contacts in hotmail account and then use sync to sync contacts to phone. But problem is that Symbian phone have exported contacts in .vcf format. But hotmail accepts in .csv format!
Now unable to solve this problem! :?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

the primary hotmail email id , is what has been used to identify your phone,sync with it etc. if you want to remove it you'll have to do a factory reset
if it would have been a yahoo id or any other you could simply remove the account from settings

i exported contacts from my symbian phone in csv,so export in csv,
if hotmail does not support vcf, then you will have to use csv , either export again or convert vcf to csv if possible.

IIRC, hotmail supports csv and excel files

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Yes, factory reset is the only option that I discovered to do that.

Btw, I think I also found a way to import contact from .vcf files to phone.
1. Add every .vcf file into outlook.
2. Use the import from Outlook option on hotmail account's import contact feature.
3. Then let the hotmail account sync contact to the phone!

I will try this method soon, to know if this theory can help.

PS: hotmail does exports contacts any may even import from csv. But the think was that the symbian files was not able to export into csv, but only vcf. Hence all these troubles. Anyway, looks like I will get the success.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Yes, factory reset is the only option that I discovered to do that.

Btw, I think I also found a way to import contact from .vcf files to phone.
1. Add every .vcf file into outlook.
2. Use the import from Outlook option on hotmail account's import contact feature.
3. Then let the hotmail account sync contact to the phone!

I will try this method soon, to know if this theory can help.

PS: hotmail does exports contacts any may even import from csv. But the think was that the symbian files was not able to export into csv, but only vcf. Hence all these troubles. Anyway, looks like I will get the success.
why not sync your symbian phone with outlook, export a csv and import to hotmail

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Well, you just summarized the steps I took! :)

Actually, instead of using a PC suite, I exported every contact in .vcf format. And then saved each contact in outlook. Now the remaining two steps remain.
But the last I tried, I was not able to export contact from outlook in csv format. I will try that again and will post the result.

Top Bottom