The Windows Mobile Thread

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

I thought we already got demim update!

Denim is available for latest devices like Lumia 730/735, 535 and maybe 830. But for Lumia 930 which is the flagship device, Denim update isn't released in india, when it is available in rest of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

I am bored. I can't resist :-D
The correct sentence is:
From where did Note 3 come?

Lumia 930 and 1520 are the direct competitors of Note 3. Specially 1520 and note 3 came almost at the same time, almost a month apart. Both uses the same processor. But despite having less RAM, Lumia 930 and 1520 are superior than Note 3. Its was unfortunate that MS didn't release a successor to 1520, that would have given a tough time for note 4.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I dont quite get the delay in Denim for India,earlier India was one of the first 3 to get updates :(
either way,denim isnt a major update for most devices anyway
waiting for W10 DP..

I dont quite get the delay in Denim for India,earlier India was one of the first 3 to get updates :(
either way,denim isnt a major update for most devices anyway
waiting for W10 DP..

It might not be a major update for most of the Lumia device. But for 930 and 1520 it is an IMPORTANT update, where it has improved the imaging mechanism, added 4K video, Burist Mode and HDR mode. There are some minor improvements too like battery life, heat issue and purple tint issue.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

It really bothers me that Denim has been released for other markets before India. We are one of the biggest markets of windows phones.

$hadow

Geek in making

They got to start taking India a bit more seriously. BTW how many of you had signed up for insider programs for 10 preview?? .

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

rumour is Windows 10 for phones preview will release on Monday :D
fingers crossed
though im presuming initial release will be loaded with bugs,still it will give a great insight into the final version
I hope they arent putting buttons on the top like in the leaked screenshots,I prefer them down

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

i wonder why nobody posted this yet!
Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones now available to download! | Windows Central
Get a first look at Windows 10 for Phones with Microsoft's Joe Belfiore | Windows Central
Video hands-on with Windows 10 for the Lumia 830 | Windows Central

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

i wonder why nobody posted this yet!
Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones now available to download! | Windows Central
Get a first look at Windows 10 for Phones with Microsoft's Joe Belfiore | Windows Central
Video hands-on with Windows 10 for the Lumia 830 | Windows Central

maybe because its come as a radical shock in terms of the terrible changes in UI such as that grey bar at the top
Im not very pleased with the android-like settings menu , the "hamburger" menu in place of the old bar at the bottom , the grey bar at the top of certain apps
It looks like theres been some android influence in the design and I hope they decide to scrap the changes in UI
other than the poor design changes,it looks like WP is advancing in the right direction if they get rid of the new UI and add interactive/3d live tiles etc instead
they were experimenting with the new live tiles concept on the Lumia "mclaren" prototype anyways and everyone expected the "leaked" screens of the phones UI to be present in W10
hopfeully the next update might tell us whats in store

Flash

Lost in speed

But it's for only selected phones -
Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 730, or Lumia 830.

But, you can install the preview on any LUMIA but at your OWN risk via this trick.
HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

$hadow

Geek in making

so far not so good on my brother L830 it is full of hiccups and stutter but this you have to expect from a WIP project.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

But it's for only selected phones -
Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 730, or Lumia 830.

But, you can install the preview on any LUMIA but at your OWN risk via this trick.
HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

theres a risk of perma bricking the phone with that method wouldnt advice it especially since W10 is still buggy for supported phones anyways

- - - Updated - - -

so far not so good on my brother L830 it is full of hiccups and stutter but this you have to expect from a WIP project.

yeah I suggest downgrading to denim till a more stable release

$hadow

Geek in making

theres a risk of perma bricking the phone with that method wouldnt advice it especially since W10 is still buggy for supported phones anyways

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I suggest downgrading to denim till a more stable release

Who cares my brother is still enjoying the new camera app. He say it is only enough to stick with windows 10.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

How to update windows 10 on LAVA IRIS WIN1?

its limited to only a small number of lumia phones and hack installs on unsupported lumias
nothing for non-lumias till Preview for developers release of Windows 10 I guess
Dont worry though,its rather buggy at the moment and 8.1 Update 1 is the most stable at the moment ,wait for official W10 release

- - - Updated - - -

i am still sticking to Cyan on my 525

Denim is out for all Lumias in India now
Cyan was rather buggy,I updated to Denim on my 720,smoothest Wp version yet!!
brought back the speed in my phone,fixed alot of software related bugs

Top Bottom