The Windows Mobile Thread

Flash

Lost in speed
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

^ AFAIK Windows 10 is the boldest step by MSFT to unify Windows and Windows Phone OS.

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Will be converting this thread into windows touch screen device thread, I mean windows phones + tabs as they are going to merge soon. What should the thread title be? windows touch devices thread? winows touch thread or mobile? open to suggestions.

Windows Portable Devices Thread, may be?

ajayritik

Technomancer

Guys I need some help with my new Lumia 625.
I'm new to windows phone. I need to copy some audio songs and some hd songs to my phone. When I copy the normal way of copy paste I can't find the songs available in my phone play list.
Can someone please advise me on how to copy audio songs and also video songs. Are there any specific apps that I need to download to play audio/hd video songs.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0

Copy paste video files to the video folder and mp3 files to music folder and the default apps should recognise them easily.

Are you on WP8.1 OS?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Guys I need some help with my new Lumia 625.
I'm new to windows phone. I need to copy some audio songs and some hd songs to my phone. When I copy the normal way of copy paste I can't find the songs available in my phone play list.
Can someone please advise me on how to copy audio songs and also video songs. Are there any specific apps that I need to download to play audio/hd video songs.

you can also try out the new VLC app,just came out yesterday but still in beta and its very buggy and crashes easily

ajayritik

Technomancer

Copy paste video files to the video folder and mp3 files to music folder and the default apps should recognise them easily.

Are you on WP8.1 OS?

I did as suggested but except for one folder none of the other songs are being recognised.

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions on a good app to browse the files?

ashs1

Padawan

I am Planning to buy a windows phone for my dad within 10k(max)..My dad's main requirement is Big screen for easy accessibility and a battery that lasts a day..I've zeroed in on Lumia 535 because it has a big display ( 5 inch) , has a decent camera and within the budget.
But, upon further research, it seems that the 535 is suffering from a touch sensitivity issue and the latest update which is supposed to solve the problem hasn't yet fixed it.
Can any Lumia 535 user confirm it ???
Also, are there any other good windows phone choices within 10k ?? The Lumia 638 seems a perfecct choice, but the only drawback is that it doesn't have a front camera..( not a major con, but why settle for less ?? :D )

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I am Planning to buy a windows phone for my dad within 10k(max)..My dad's main requirement is Big screen for easy accessibility and a battery that lasts a day..I've zeroed in on Lumia 535 because it has a big display ( 5 inch) , has a decent camera and within the budget.
But, upon further research, it seems that the 535 is suffering from a touch sensitivity issue and the latest update which is supposed to solve the problem hasn't yet fixed it.
Can any Lumia 535 user confirm it ???
Also, are there any other good windows phone choices within 10k ?? The Lumia 638 seems a perfecct choice, but the only drawback is that it doesn't have a front camera..( not a major con, but why settle for less ?? :D )

the Lumia 535 issues are apparently going to be resolved with the next update coming next week(rumoured)
the issues arent as bad as potrayed and happens rarely
another phone worth checking out is the Lumia 625(9k on amazon.in),though i suggest 535 overall

- - - Updated - - -

*www.amazon.in/Nokia-625-Lumia-Black/dp/B00EOPJEYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420541725&sr=8-1&keywords=625+nokia+lumia
it dropped to 7K!!!!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Can you guys who use Windows phone suggest some useful apps!

Hardware Tests | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
try this
it has alot of uses and is rather handy
you can even pin individual functions etc
its pretty much an all in one utilities app

I use it each time I drop my phone(to assess damage),need a flashlight or if I want a decibel meter(Im an audiophile,so Im always testing my speakers etc)

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Windows 10 for smartphones shown off for the first time on a Lumia 1520 | Windows Central

Lot of new stuff. New action centre. True Universal apps. New outlook. Everything is new!

Flash

Lost in speed

Windows 10 for smartphones shown off for the first time on a Lumia 1520 | Windows Central

Lot of new stuff. New action centre. True Universal apps. New outlook. Everything is new!
Yeah. Translucent tiles & a separate app for Outlook and ability to sort the installed apps in the menu.

ajayritik

Technomancer

Guys can anyone suggest a good free app for playing mkv files. I tried mkv lite but that's not that great!

Flash

Lost in speed

Guys can anyone suggest a good free app for playing mkv files. I tried mkv lite but that's not that great!
1. Ccplayer
2. Moliplayer (Change Region to Hongkong, and download the free version. Moliplayer Pro alone is premium)
3. VLC Beta

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Is VLC Beta stable enough now to play heavy 720p mkv files ?

it does have random crashes sometimes but its getting better with each update

- - - Updated - - -

*drools uncontrollably*
I look forward to Windows even more now,Microsoft has been working hard I see!!

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

so i will be joining WP now as my sis bought a new phone and her Lumia 520 will be mine now. Should i know some stuff before using WPs? Never used WPs before.

Top Bottom