The Windows 8 Thread

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
so from what i'm reading , even if i have an april 2012 laptop, i can use the W7 oem key and upgrade to W8 pro 64bit for 699 and also do a clean install?

rider

as Kratos
MS is trying to kill piracy... The upgarde offer is meant for genuine win7/XP machines but there is no verification for that too

Good! work by mircrosoft but why they are taking 2k rupees who purchased their product before 2 june ? How can I purchase it for 699? I purchased my laptop november last year.

IamCG

Right off the assembly line
Hi, any clue on where to get a 64 bit DvD of windows 8 upgrade?Trying to upgrade from my 32bit windows 7 to 64bit windows 8 but cant do that with upgrade assistant.

rider

as Kratos
Buy for 699 and give the balance 1300 to me ;)

haha not funny! the question is - Will the microsoft ask for receipt of my laptop or not? :?
If not I would mark fake purchase of june 2012 and enjoy windows 8 pro for just 699 bucks. :evil:

I remember a few people mentioning it to me that this 699 works with old computers as well. But don't remember who has done it.

where? try to think buddy and give me link.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
haha not funny! the question is - Will the microsoft ask for receipt of my laptop or not? :?
If not I would mark fake purchase of june 2012 and enjoy windows 8 pro for just 699 bucks. :evil:

where? try to think buddy and give me link.

The thing is that I have been following 3 tech forums for answering my question of dual OS of win 7 and 8 and I just don't remember where I read it. But I am very sure I read that a guy who bought his laptop 2 years back was successful in installing win 8 using the 699 offer.

Just try one thing, register and try to get a redemption code for the offer. If you are successful in getting the code then surely the offer will work for your laptop.

How can microsoft ask for receipt of laptop? Lakhs and crores of people would be upgrading worldwide. There is no way to track or verify. Just enter any date and get the redemption code. Once you make the payment you will get the key. After the download is complete you can install windows 8 on any computer irrespective of how or when you purchased it. Just make a dvd or usb and its like any other OS dvd that you get in the market

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
How can microsoft ask for receipt of laptop? Lakhs and crores of people would be upgrading worldwide. There is no way to track or verify. Just enter any date and get the redemption code. Once you make the payment you will get the key. After the download is complete you can install windows 8 on any computer irrespective of how or when you purchased it. Just make a dvd or usb and its like any other OS dvd that you get in the market

Yea! I know all about burning DVD and installing procedure but still I am worried about getting f'ed up after putting fake purchase date. I will better wait for a week, see all you guys fine with this or not.
in that news by techpp one guy wrote:
Lol. This is really really fun (and depressing, too).
Raju, even a grocery let you buy things freely if you enter with a gun, did you know?

This thing it's not a loophole at all. When you sign on the form, you accept a license (that no one reads, obviously) saying that you can apply for the discount ONLY if you own a Windows 7 PC bought after June 2, 2012. If you don't, you are illegally buying, you are telling false, and after that...well, you are leaving your personal datas by paying with your credit card...

Last edited:
Top Bottom