The Whining/Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
@Cyrus_the_virus
Just dont make posts for the heck of it, if u have a problem, you are welcome to come forward and speak, posts such are yours is the biggest example of immaturity, just willing to start a fight, this is a tech forum and we are all here for tech discussion, not to have a little fun here.

lol.. complaints without fights? :lol: And that too a thread in the fight club?

BTW, I didn't fight nor did I start a fight. Posted only what I received through the PM allowed by Digit. And by the way, don't be so red faced. Chill maadi, calm, peace. lol.

Don't talk about immaturity when you've started a thread in a fight club asking members to post complaints about others and you don't expect a flame war? You expect everyone to sit down and have a great dinner, laugh and joke and complain about each other, it's time you wake up and do a reality check. :lol:

BTW, I'm making this my last post in this, because by the way your face is getting red, I'm quite sure I'll be banned :lol: if I post more.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
everytime someone tries to raise a point, damn either the thread gets locked or the post that are key essential to know th actual matter are deleted.

Do you think a lone footloose will come and start complaining here falling to the bait and then getting banned ?

slugger

Banned
Would it be too much of a trouble for you special members to move these posts here.
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=798000&postcount=98
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=798275&postcount=100
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=798924&postcount=107
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=799399&postcount=110
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=799420&postcount=115
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=799471&postcount=119

after all I seeem to be doing the biggest and longest whining of ALL

And maybe even this which was butchered and amputated with absolute disdain and sadistic pleasure by a special member who accused me of insulting him :rolleyes:

*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=799487&postcount=123

And will anybody care to explain to me logic behind this (in)action

*img338.imageshack.us/img338/8738/09ep5.gif

Could it be because majority people who responded comprised of pro-special member members and some special membrs themselves

i am sure that if this member who goes by the name of slugger were to even say -1, it would have been deleted by some automated script without even the special members having to make any mouse clicks

And why is Uncle reminiscing about how in the Olden days the forum epitomised serious intelligent discussion and earth shattering talks and the friends he has made on the forum. It looks like a perfect ONtopic post

Well 48 hours have passed since I sent the MORE special members a pm+mail saying Hello

I am being deafened by their silence

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Could it be because majority people who responded comprised of pro-special member members and some special membrs themselves

May I ask the logic of you putting me up as number 4? Whats your basis for determining "pro-special members or special members". I posted in response to someone who was talking about bumping threads. However I also find the +1 posts rather irritating esepcially if they dont come with any text at all :|.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Would it be too much of a trouble for you special members to move these posts here.

Im afraid, but yes, that's too much trouble, at least for me. If some other MOD is feeling lucky, he may oblige.

And maybe even this which was butchered and amputated with absolute disdain and sadistic pleasure by a special member who accused me of insulting him :rolleyes:

If you have any issues with any special member, please PM the MORE special members. There.. i said that in your own language, maybe NOW you'll understand that. Posting the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, in every thread would not help.

i am sure that if this member who goes by the name of slugger were to even say -1, it would have been deleted by some automated script without even the special members having to make any mouse clicks
We have enough brain cells to decipher which post is meant to insult/create problems, and which post is harmless. We have our lives too.. We cannot scrutinize each and every post made on this forum. You don't realize how much effort it takes to moderate this forum.

And why is Uncle reminiscing about how in the Olden days the forum epitomised serious intelligent discussion and earth shattering talks and the friends he has made on the forum. It looks like a perfect ONtopic post
You really know how to appreciate someone's selfless and voluntary contribution to try and maintain the decorum on this forum. Kudos to you! You sure know how to show respect to fellow members when you post.

Well 48 hours have passed since I sent the MORE special members a pm+mail saying Hello

Like i said, some of us here have lives outside this forum.

legolas

Padawan
Slugger said:
Yes, and its time you stopped it and started posting by taking "vanity" and "idealism for dummies" off of your list ( I mean not to post like this, the way I have reflected you in replying). After all, you are the guy who goes with the system!! :D

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Why move here? They didn't serve a purpose there and won't here either. You completely veered a mag thread into a forum fight and shouted your heart out. Now you got your thread here, so rant on.

Wow what a forum is this ? I just joined now and got shocked to see members fighting each other. I thought of having a nice time here. But I think I should find some other blog.
Don't be shocked, we fight harder so we could sleep tighter ;) This has no end, welcome.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Wow what a forum is this ? I just joined now and got shocked to see members fighting each other. I thought of having a nice time here. But I think I should find some other blog.
You're one of those January 1 birthday guys (And submit) right? Welcome aboard! :)

legolas

Padawan
Instead of whining/complaining (though it is irritating to many/a few) why don't we just post the issue/link and then just give our suggestions and "hope" the concerned member/moderator responds to it in an equal civil way?? I certainly think we should at least start every potential problem in that manner(it may get carried away or certainly become sarcastic/flaming) and see how it goes.

Ok, here are three potential issues which I think is of some concern, I was not the one to put it, but I find them relatively misleading because it seems to be unresolved owing to complications.
1) Aryayush's post regarding torrents (not blaming you buddy)
Discussion related to torrent clients -> yes. it is software issue
Discussion related to torrent trackers (as to how to check if tracker is down bla bla) -> again, can be allowed, its software/technology issue.
Discussion related to torrent sites (even though you provide a legal link which is in reality 0.01% in torrents, in spite of the fact that we all may accept what we all do) -> No, against forum policy, its a site which hosts 99% of illegal stuffs and there is no justification to provide in that regard. If there is a site dedicated to legal torrents (a big IF), of course the mods would/should allow it.
I hope this is what grudgy intended to say (or at least I found peace in this regard) and hope this would clear the confusion reg. this issue

2) Again Aryayush's post :D (again not blaming you, really. Please don't take it offensively)
I don't understand why its in QnA section because off late, I see only general discussions and features (games, themes etc...) of iphones, greatness of apple software in restoring, and other mac products of course. The thread has deviated way from clearing the questions/doubts. Or for that matter there are no questions to answer and so the thread is just continuing with apple's innovativeness and intuitiveness (which I don't deny but its not the place). Also, potentially leading to discussions regarding iPhone unlocked recently.(see 3)

3) also is in this regard,
3.1) discussions pertaining to the legality of Mac OS X on PC is being allowed (whose result was that it is illegal) while "how to install Mac OS X on a PC" threads will be locked/deleted.
3.2) discussions pertaining to legality of iPhones unlocking SHOULD be allowed in the same regard, while "discussing how or where to get softwares to unlock iPhone" as discussed in link2 should be avoided/intimated by moderators (this has not yet been done or replied to or actions taken and have stirred way too much arguments and off-topic/flaming posts, no blaming intended, I would have done the same).
3.3) and finally, the fanboyism issue. Yes, its the biggest of all. And, members and moderators are both involved in this!! I don't want to name here, but if necessary I can/will (certainly not helping in anyway though). Its time we get over this "windows vs linux vs mac" issue and restrict it to the fight club section alone and keep the sanity of the threads related to Mac or Windows Vista or so as such which is the purpose of the thread.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
You're one of those January 1 birthday guys (And submit) right? Welcome aboard!

Lmao ! Good one.

3.1) discussions pertaining to the legality of Mac OS X on PC is being allowed (whose result was that it is illegal) while "how to install Mac OS X on a PC" threads will be locked/deleted.

Discussing the legality of an issue shouldn't be considered as illegal content in my honest opinion. I believe the thread was locked because it started to turn into an OS war rather than the actual leagality of things.

3.2) discussions pertaining to legality of iPhones unlocking SHOULD be allowed in the same regard, while "discussing how or where to get softwares to unlock iPhone" as discussed in link2 should be avoided/intimated by moderators (this has not yet been done or replied to or actions taken and have stirred way too much arguments and off-topic/flaming posts, no blaming intended, I would have done the same).
I believe he stopped posting anything about iPhones after it was shown that it was illegal to do the same.
Its time we get over this "windows vs linux vs mac" issue and restrict it to the fight club section alone and keep the sanity of the threads related to Mac or Windows Vista or so as such which is the purpose of the thread.
A definite must. I believe this is the cause of pretty much every problem in this forum.

mediator

Technomancer
Well, it wud be much better if mods don't lock the threads unnecessarily without even reading the full content of it. This is FIGHt CLUB and is very well defined on the front page of the main index!! Mods with soft and sensitive hearts shudn't be allowed in FIGHT CLUB.
Now why was this closed? . The "long bullsh1ts" there are actually well known facts. One just needs to read before commenting anything.

Neways, but I believe their decisions shud be soft and sensitive! :)

legolas

Padawan
Now why was this closed?
It was closed, IMO becoz of this

especially, the reason from moderator shantanu is from points 3 & 4 quoted,
rules said:
3. Flaming fellow members for their opinions is a childish thing to do, and members indulging in such will be punished like little children.

4. Racial/Ethnic slurs will not be tolerated.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Ok, I've got a complaint about this forum. Why the hell can't we have an option to have a bigger avatar??? I can't create avatars myself, so I use ready made avatars and I make sure that it's not indecent. But no, this forum needs to have a limit on avatars as well. Forget about flashy userbars and images for signatures, gimme bigger avatars!!!! One more thing I don't udnerstand is, even if I post an animated avatar, it's static only on this forum, but not others. Why is that??? :confused:

mediator

Technomancer
It was closed, IMO becoz of this

especially, the reason from moderator shantanu is from points 3 & 4 quoted,
Again, read the whole thread. Ur post didn't tell much. In a religious topic, whenever subjects of child marriage etc are concerned and few where rituals are practiced based on blind faith, it seems to be fine if it is Hinduism but as usual provocative and unbearable if its any other religion? I myself oppose many such blind practices and ask to parade those priests, under the scorching sun, who ill treat poor people. The same was being discussed about ISLAM where a blind practice is being carried on.

Any topic regarding religion is a sensitive one. There wasn't much abuse, but people were just posting the reality!! So, I think mods shudn't even enter the FIGHT CLUB if they can't acknowledge the gravity of the situation, read the thread and understand whats going on or differentiate between "long bullsh1t" and "sour truth/facts". :)

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
OK here's my list of the whinings/complaints:
Higher message limit (>=100),
More skins,
Bigger avatars,
Images in signatures (there is a setting for this in CP but for god-knows-what reason it doesn't work),
And most importantly,
A special section in Mobile Monsters named "Which phone to buy". Members who want to have opinions/suggestions as to which cell phone would be most suitable for them in their particular budget, should post in that section while all other Mobile related news, views and reviews will go in the main section as usual. People who want to buy a new phone can just visit that section and may find a thread already there that answers their questions. Currently the 'Which phone' threads get mixed with other threads so many people don't bother to search and just create a new thread when a similar thread was created a few days ago.

Hoping all these things become a reality.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
50 messages and 120 sec limit just not enuf, change it for the sake of thread reporting :D

ray|raven

Think Zen.
OK here's my list of the whinings/complaints:
Higher message limit (>=100),
More skins,
Bigger avatars,
Images in signatures (there is a setting for this in CP but for god-knows-what reason it doesn't work),
And most importantly,
A special section in Mobile Monsters named "Which phone to buy". Members who want to have opinions/suggestions as to which cell phone would be most suitable for them in their particular budget, should post in that section while all other Mobile related news, views and reviews will go in the main section as usual. People who want to buy a new phone can just visit that section and may find a thread already there that answers their questions. Currently the 'Which phone' threads get mixed with other threads so many people don't bother to search and just create a new thread when a similar thread was created a few days ago.

Hoping all these things become a reality.

+1. I second those requests.
And especially that which phone to buy section, we see a new thread almost everyday!.
But, IMO, its better to have a generic, Suggest me a [product] section, where all such threads could go.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom