The ultimate shootout: Apple Mac OS X vs. Microsoft Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i guess no i am sure by now every member on this forum knows how good the mac os x is .... and i don think any1 will now buy the argument that its the best ... major reason - it has no cut option :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
i guess no i am sure by now every member on this forum knows how good the mac os x is .... and i don think any1 will now buy the argument that its the best ... major reason - it has no cut option :D

Lolz....& arya has as his sig "Name one feature in Vista better then tiger". I guess he intentionally didn't see the post of mine in technology section :D

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Windows Vista, don't have a PC without it!

By the way, read this and then reply!
*crunchgear.com/2007/01/30/a-copy-of-windows-vista-ultimate-and-his-boy

shantanu

Technomancer
@aryayush :

you know what , you talk like a kid who does not have his candy and says others that eating a candy can spoil your teeth..

buddy! better have some life and as you reply it seems that you dont have any knowledge or common sense, you just come and spoil others time by your baseless comments on Apple Technology.

@Venom oh Qwerty :

it seems by your post that you 10 years old, BTW i told you that i am 21 .
STOP your BS..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Damn, i missed the thread dueing the downtime.

After lots of searching....I finally found a good combination & replacement for ACDSee on MacOS. Adobe Lightroom + Shoebox+ Noise Ninza stand alone.

*img490.imageshack.us/img490/2030/picture7xb6.th.jpg

Lots of work these days, so doing work on "Work OS "

The multisession DVD problem is still not solved & I don't even have a proper DVD burning app for Mac so far. Toast titanium 8.01 doesn't starts.

The inbuilt burning utility of Mac makes HFS DVDs, which are not compatible anywhere & doesn't follows the standerd of IS0 9660 Optical disk file system

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, Time is not in sync. Thats why I corrected Time in Windows Vista but not in MacOS X as that will again change the time in Vista (which I don't want to).

I got my phone on desk which I use as clock....damn I use 99% features of my phone (cocky here)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
damn I use 99% features of my phone
WOW! You use the clock!

Such a cool dude, man. This guy even uses the clock. WOWOW! Man, wish I knew how to use the clock on my phone. :lol:

What else do you use that we ignorant mortals don't? The contact list? The number pad? Maybe the screen?

:lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Use it as a camera, as a music device, as an internet communicater for chating on Yahoo or WLM or Google Talk, orkuting, watch Videos on it, trailers (downloaded), PIM, Notes....task scheduling, Yahoo Mail notification...hmm...damn, the forum is small to write it all.

Hee Mac genius, solve my DVD problem plz. U R the only one I can ask here, also I installed Toast titanium 8.01 from Macupdate, but it doesn't even starts. The dock icons bounces & then closes.

Or is it true that MacOS X has no support for multisession DVDs?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You know, if I were like you, I would have posted this sentence in my signature:

"Hee Mac genius, solve my DVD problem plz. U R the only one I can ask here"

I would still have been better than you though, because at least this would be true. Thankfully for you, I'm not that low.

So quit the immaturity and remove that sentence from your signature.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
You know, if I were like you, I would have posted this sentence in my signature:

"Hee Mac genius, solve my DVD problem plz. U R the only one I can ask here"

I would still have been better than you though, because at least this would be true. Thankfully for you, I'm not that low.

So quit the immaturity and remove that sentence from your signature.
:Yawn....freedom of speech anyone.

If the mods tell me to remove it, I will. Aren't you misquoting many things yourself in your sig.

Not working on Mac these days, just opened to copy files.

Well....although there isn't any GUI WinRAR for Mac, there is BetterZip. Wish WinRAR was there.

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/3073/betterzipax3.jpg

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav

I opened Mac just to copy files to courier u, Mac drive 7 is working fine here.

led_shankar

woops :p

sometimes when i open Mac in the morning, I wonder "Why did I open MacOS :??"

Then I boot back into Windows. There is nothing to do in Macs

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, who needs a Mac (hardware) when I can run the same OS on my PC. :D

Apple says "Buy a Mac, cos you can run Microsoft Windows on it." I say, save some money & buy a PC, even a 4 years old PC runs MacOS X :D

MS is just enjoying the free publicity.

This just in... The latest version of JAVA is 1.6 for Windows, but on Mac it is provided by Apple & still stuck at 1.5_06 which is very slow compared to 1.6.

Apple won't even use the one provided by Sun, they need to make there own. So much for JAVA interopratibility.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mac os is not compatible with a normal pc mic also .... what crap .... buy urself those costly ones from apple ... seriously man whats good about this os .... seriously im like how can people actually call it the best

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Some other flaws I found

1) This can be attributed to the pathetic keyboard based nevigation in Mac OS. In Windows or Linux, by just pressing the Tab button, I can cycle between the controls & boxes or check boxes in an application. You know, more like that tab button acts as "Next form" button in those OS.

In Mac OS it is nothing like that, seriously this is a very simple thing. Who uses a mouse always anyway?

2) Page zoom in Firefox & Safari both is bad. It just zooms or increses the text size, i seriously miss the Page zoom of IE 7 which is best.

iMav

even andy had to buy a USB Mic, cos his Man mini lacks a Min in port.

Just downloaded Intel optimized build of firefox for Mac. A bit faster with native control widgets.

Download from here

After mounting it, drag the application "BonEcho" to some folder, not application folder. Now right click on it & select "Show application content" Go to resources folder.

Open the same resources folder from the original firefox.app, & copy all files to BonEcho's resources folder. Now you have optimised firefox for Mac with native widget control & look, with your old Firefox branding as it is.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
thanx a lot will try it wen i boot into mac ... man xp is better to work than os x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom