The ultimate shootout: Apple Mac OS X vs. Microsoft Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

krrrish

Broken In
chill yaar .. use whichever OS u want to .. bt dont fight like this .

my heads paining jst reading all ur posts .. !

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It is not us Other OS users who start flaming threads, it is Macboys. Just look at who started this thread & with what feeling he started it.

We just defended Windows & showed everyone where does MacOS X prevails & where it lacks.

So far, other then not having to install an Anti-Virus, I see no reason to switch to MacOS X.

Oh there is always the requirment for show off :D

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
gx_saurav said:
Those who buy OEM computers are already secured,
No. They're not. That's the point. The overwhelming majority of those infected PCs are OEM. Stop trying to spin this because what you're saying just doesn't gel with reality.

Wasen't it shown in digit or chip, that a fully patched XP System is more secure then MacOS X & Linux.
Point me to a reliable source, not the biased magazines.

And is it fair to compare a "fully patched" Windows to a Mac OS X "out of the box"? You either compare both when fully patched, or both when out of the box, not compare them in an unfair way.

There is no remedy for "Intel Inside, Idiot Outside". MS tells the users to update there system regularly via automatic updates. Now it is not the fault of MS that a Pirated Windows user screams at MS that Windows isn't secure cos since he is pirating Windows he is unable to use Windows Update.
That doesn't help if you get compromised before you can finish running Windows update or you're attacked by a zero day exploit.

New features added, wait...those MS gave as free service packs.
What great new features were added that are even on par with the features released in successive versions of OS X?

2) Apple makes the driver themeselves, not the graphics card manufacturers. And these drivers are only for OpoenGL (DirectX isn't for Mac)
Sorry. Wrong. Nvidia and ATI write the drivers for the cards.

Nepcker, plz just like arya, do not talk about Graphics now. You are the first user ever I have seen who says a 128 MB graphics card will not give more performance compared to a 64 MB graphics card. For gods sake, it's onboard graphics, the more the RAM the better the frame buffer is:D
Okay, take the GeForce 6200 for example. I believe it's available in 128 and 256 MB versions. The 256 MB version is no better than the 128MB version, as the card is just not powerful enough to utilize the whole memory. The GMA 950 is a more low-end card. So I think that it won't be able to utilize more than 64 MB or memory.

If I'm wrong, please give a detailed explanation of why more memory storage would improve speed.

Thin = Less space for vantilation = Heat = Porblem.

How thin can u go ?
I can't believe how simplistic your logic is. Given proper cooling technique (fans, heatsinks, vents, etc), it doesn't matter how thin you go. Again, thin doesn't imply heat problem.

Well, you like cluttered window enviroment, we don't. We minimize what we don't need. If we are listening to music, we minimize it to system tray & continue doing our work, does that means not multitasking.
You can minimize to the dock. Shocking, I know, but true. I'm not sitting at my Mac at the moment, but as I recall, you can even close the window and have it keep working (one of the advantages of not having programs tied to window instances).

I hope you know Flip3D isn't Expose.
If you can't see that Flip3D is Microsoft's version of Expose, I can't help you. You're clearly burying your head in the sand.

Do so, it will help me & other forum members too. How come a unified way to switching windows (alt+tab) is bad compared to a 2 key way of Mac (command+tab & command+`)
Let's say you have 5 word documents, 6 IM windows, and 12 browser windows open. In Windows, in order to get to the 3rd IM window, you might have to tab through all those windows (reading the text for each one because the alt+tab window uses generic icons for each window) in order to get to it. On a Mac, command-tab to the relevant app, then command-tilde to the relevant window. You avoid a large number of keystrokes and get to your destination faster. Concrete.

Obviously it does, in Yahoo messenger for Windows, that particular Window flashes in taskbar (Example) same goes with WLM. In Mac, the dock icon jumps but there is no way to just look at it & say which user messeged me, either use Comman+` or expose.
That has nothing to do with knowing how many of a type of window is open. This is a failing in the programming of many IM apps. Adium will actually put names of the people that IM'd you into the dock icon (and the names don't get hidden in a menu when you have a lot of stuff running).

Umm...isn't it required to buy $70 iLife if someone is using Panther? As far as I know, at the time of Panther, Macs did not used to come with iLife preinstalled.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. iLife is bunded with the machine. They've shipped with iLife for as long as it has existed.

Trolled u, you were the one with arya who started this thread, what?
No, I have absolutely nothing to do with the starting of the thread. I hadn't seen the OS X review thread, and hadn't this thread itself for some time.

u feel sad that I pointed out flaws in your so called unflawd OS?
Nice troll. No basis in reality, but nice troll.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
gx_saurav said:
Wasen't it shown in digit or chip, that a fully patched XP System is more secure then MacOS X & Linux.
Pardon me, but whoever said THAT is a fool indeed.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
I hadn't gone through all the "flaws" of OS X mentioned here. Thank you, gx_saurav, for re-posting the flaws again.

So here goes......
gx_saurav said:
1) No Cut option.
Wrong! You don't even have to cut and paste. You simply hold down the Command key while dragging your file to wherever else you want to copy it and it physically removes the file from where it is and puts it where you drop it.

2) Non-Standard & weird keyboard navigation. Requires modifier keys for simple thing which have dedicated Keys on Keyboard such as delete or insert or print screen.
Two companies are offering two differnt operating systems. Which one would you call the "standard" one?

Besides, most of keyboard shortcuts are the same as on Windows. Some are easier, such as entering international characters. The Mac special character entry is much easier than remembering the Alt codes on Windows.

3) No option to customize the default looks of the OS in the OS itself other then changing some fonts only & a selection of gray or aqua buttons.
Windows has opened up its ability to theme the look, and it has proved to be quite beneficial. Those that wish to do use on OS X can use Unsanity’s Shape Shifter. (Fine. This is Flaw #1.)

4) Finder doesn’t provide icon spacing, address bar or tabbed navigation such as Path Finder or Windows Explorer breadcrumb bar. You cannot drag a file & go up one level while the file still staying in drag.
You can, it includes spring loaded folders.

The finder does provide icon spacing, you're just ignorant.

It doesn't have an address bar because if you Command/Apple click on the name of the file/folder in the window title bar (or click on the Path button in the window toolbar) you get the same thing without it taking up a ton of space.

Breadcrumb bar??? Didn't we just cover this in my previous paragraph? Are you so ignorant and anal that you have to be reminded that the window you're looking at resides on your computer?

And yes, you can drag a file and go up one level while the file is being dragged. Try column view.

5) iTunes has no support to play any music format other then mp3 & mp4. You will need to convert all your songs if they are in other format, if you want them to play in iTunes. This despite of having a solid QuickTime backend.
It can play CDs without converting them to MP3 or MP4. If you look at the actual specifications, iTunes plays a wide variety of audio formats. Definitely not just two.

WMP, too, doesn't play AAC files out-of-the-box. Besides, do you have to use iTunes?

You can call this a fault in iTunes, not a flaw in Mac OS X itself.

6) Dock doesn’t group different Windows.
I particularly hate this feature in Windows and I’m happy to see that its not included in OSX. I want to see what I have open. Besides, if you right-click on a dock icon, all the applications' windows are listed.

7) There is no way to find how many windows a single application has opened. Such as if Yahoo Messenger is on & there are 3 windows then dock will not show that there are three windows open. You will need to use either expose or command+`.
Again, If you right-click on a dock icon, all the applications' windows are listed.

8) No Out of the box Photo Management application. iPhoto required you to buy iLife, & still lacks in many ways such as lack of tree based navigation. You have to rely on it the way it wants to. There are not many customization options in iPhoto.
Umm, iPhoto is included (as with iLife) with every Mac. Now, is it Mac OS X's "flaw" that someone is running it illegally?

9) Windows do not maximize, limiting the zooming capabilities of Safari or Finder. You end up with many Windows on your screen, which you don’t even require.
Well, window zooming is not the best use of space on today's very large monitors. You're just an idiot if you believe anything you wrote there.

10) Close apps does not means exiting them. You need to press Command+Q to exit an application.
If you really closed an app, it would exit. You are only closing document windows. Personally, I use Command+Q to close apps in Windows as well, so to me Windows and Mac work the same here. You can close apps from the Command-Tab bar, which is a step up from Windows where I do not think you can close apps from the Alt-Tab bar. You can also close apps by right-clicking the Dock icons.

11) You cannot resize Windows from any side. Just the south east corner.
Yes, this is often limiting. I noticed Adobe added any-side resizing to the CS3 palettes... more convenient. (Okay, this is flaw #2)

12) Lack of 3rd party applications. There are applications but they all do almost the same thing. They just look good without providing anything new in most cases.
Ever heard of MacUpdate, MacApper, VersionTracker, iUseThis or any other site that offers thousands upon thousands of apps available for the Mac?

You need to try applications from Transmit, Rogue Amoeba, and other innovative Mac developers. Apps like QuickSilver, GraphicConverter, and Default Folder have no Windows equivalent. (Default Folder does have a XP equivalent but I haven't seen a Vista equivalent yet.)

13) No Unified Uninstaller to uninstall an application & remove all the preference & helper files it has.
No need since OSX does not have the easily corruptible weak link called the registry. The uninstaller is used because everything is dumped into the registry. Most programs are uninstalled by dragging to the trash, a number of them (like MS office) include an uninstaller. Bottom line: just because its missing doesn’t mean it’s a detraction, and in this case that is true.

A good link: *krugazor.free.fr/software/desinstaller/DesInstaller.php

14) iMovie is not included with MacOS. If you want to run in on old version of Mac OS X you will need to buy iLife.
Again, iLife is included in all macs, so iMovie is there. New versions of iLife will need to be purchased but you should have the current version.

15) VLC Player is a must.
I use NicePlayer. or VLC. Both are free. (Okay, flaw #3)

16) No option to “Create a new file…..” in Finder by default.
You create a file with an application, how can you create a new file in windows? Even in Windows, a file is created within an application. If you mean folder then shift-apple-n will create a folder in the finder, or just select New Folder from the menu.

17) It asks you to enter password just for simple installation like installing DivX Codec or install an iContainer in Candybar.
Well, duh. This is one of the reasons you don't need a security suite on every Mac!!!

This is up to the developer. If they want to store files in a common area, they must get permission. Most applications stay out of common areas and do not need a password to install.

This is actually a great security feature because some apps need access to the Library folder and you don’t want any old application writing to that folder thus compromising security. It’s a heck of lot better and seemless then Vista’s Allow/Cancel dialog box that nags people to death for the simplest operations. XP has too many security holes and calling one a feature that you wish OS X has is a mistake.

Besides, you can always log in as the root user.

18) This can be attributed to the pathetic keyboard based nevigation in Mac OS. In Windows or Linux, by just pressing the Tab button, I can cycle between the controls & boxes or check boxes in an application. You know, more like that tab button acts as "Next form" button in those OS.
You should turn on Full Keyboard Access sometimes. I use the OS the way you are asking, every day.

19) Page zoom in Firefox & Safari both is bad. It just zooms or increses the text size, i seriously miss the Page zoom of IE 7 which is best.
You're talking about applications, not the OS. But yes, it could use an improvement.

All in all, a number of negative features that you highlight are not, and as you continue to work with OS X you'll find that the features are there, just a little different than Windows. There's also designed changes that are and should be different like your last point of being prompted for a password. Windows incurs too many viruses, adwarse/spywares. OS X has a much more beefier security setup but not implemented to impede a users day to day use of it, unlike Vista.

So I guess we are down to three flaws:
1) "No option to customize the default looks of the OS in the OS itself other then changing some fonts only & a selection of gray or aqua buttons."
2) "You cannot resize Windows from any side. Just the south east corner."
3) "QuickTime requires you to buy the Pro version to play videos full screen. Mac OS X won’t play full screen videos out of the box & neither VCDs."

And the third flaw can easily be corrected by installing some other softwares. The second flaw is a genuine one and all we can do is hope that it will get fixed in Leopard. :) As for the first flaw, I like OS X's default user interface, so at least I don't have any problems with it.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You can add a fourth flaw to that - the lack of proper cut functionality. Sure, you can do it with the mouse, but what if someone wants to do it with just the keyboard? There's no way you can do it on Mac OS X. So this is something they need to take care of in Leopard.
Another flaw is the lack of a unified uninstaller. Yes, it is easy to just drag and application to the trash but sometimes you want everything related to that application to be banished from the system. You can do that too, but I need something like AppZapper to be there by default in the OS.
Another flaw is that there is no maximise option. Yes, I prefer zoom too but sometimes you really want to go full screen and most applications on Mac OS X don't allow you to do that. What I want is that something like Megazoomer should be there by default. It is free and I have it so I have no problem but it should be there by default.
One more little flaw is that it is impossible to hide all file extensions on Mac OS X.
That's seven flaws. WOW! I'm impressed.

I can list ten flaws in Vista right off the bat:
1. No drag and drop. (OK, there is some, but so little, it is almost negligible.)
2. Does not mount disk images by default.
3. No secure delete option.
4. Does not have smart shortcuts.
5. You cannot move applications once they are installed.
6. Bluetooth. (Everyone knows what I am talking about so I won't bother explaining.)
7. Address Book kicks the arse of Windows Contacts.
8. No Exposé. I don't care what anyone says but an OS without Exposé is an unusable operating system.
9. No zoom functionality like in Mac OS X.
10. Show Desktop works like crap.

I could go on and on and on... for days on end. But why bother.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Wow, such long posts. :Yawn: bhai neend aa rahi hai dekh kar to.

c ya in 2hrs with the reply

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
The cut option: I'm not sure but I think you can cut and paste files using keyboard on Mac OS X using its feature called VoiceOver. I haven't tried it but I think cut-and-paste is possible. Full keyboard control in OS X wasn't possible till Panther, but with Tiger, all is changed.

Unified uninstaller: "No need since OSX does not have the easily corruptible weak link called the registry. The uninstaller is used because everything is dumped into the registry. Most programs are uninstalled by dragging to the trash, a number of them (like MS office) include an uninstaller."

Zoom button: Developers have got the choice. They can make the zoom button to maximize if they want. Some applications like iTunes even have an alternative function on the zoom button if you are holding Option while pressing the zoom button.

If you want to make things bigger, you could always use the screen zoom function. Go to System Prefences | Universal Access and make sure its enabled. Then you can press Command-Option and the + and - keys to zoom in and out of the screen. It stays anti-aliased so it looks nice too.

The inability to hide all file extensions on Mac OS X is indeed a flaw.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
nepcker said:
And is it fair to compare a "fully patched" Windows to a Mac OS X "out of the box"? You either compare both when fully patched, or both when out of the box, not compare them in an unfair way.
Wait wait, Windows users never say there box is secure out of the box, Isn't it the Mac users & Mac ads which state that there Mac is secure out of the box? Then shouldn't I follow what Apple says compare their OS at default out of the box state with a fully patched Vista.

Sorry. Wrong. NVidia and ATI write the drivers for the cards.
Nope, Graphics Card manufactures just supply the OpenGL Layer code to Apple which Apple audits & compiles for Mac OS X as per required

Okay, take the GeForce 6200 for example. I believe it's available in 128 and 256 MB versions. The 256 MB version is no better than the 128MB version, as the card is just not powerful enough to utilize the whole memory. The GMA 950 is a more low-end card. So I think that it won't be able to utilize more than 64 MB or memory.
Really I wasn’t wrong when I said you don't know anything about how graphics in an OS works.

Why are you comparing the gaming performance of these cards, when to run an OS this gaming performance isn't required. Windows XP runs fine on a very bad gaming GPU called Intel Extreme Graphics. GMA 950 has poor gaming performance, but it has more than enough data fill rate & Texel fill rate, along with enough bandwidth for an OS to run. Why do u think GMA X3000 & X3100 are able to run Windows Vista so easily.

In such case to run an OS, a 128 MB Frame buffer is always better, cos it is not frame rates which matter, it is how much data (windows showing on screen is also a texture in Vista & Mac) you can put in the memory. The more memory, the better.
I can't believe how simplistic your logic is. Given proper cooling technique (fans, heatsinks, vents, etc), it doesn't matter how thin you go. Again, thin doesn't imply heat problem.
Ya, everyone is well aware of the news which comes out these days stating "macbook swallowed" or "Macbook caught fire even after refurbished battery"
Let's say you have 5 word documents, 6 IM windows, and 12 browser windows open. In Windows, in order to get to the 3rd IM window, you might have to tab through all those windows (reading the text for each one because the alt+tab window uses generic icons for each window) in order to get to it. On a Mac, command-tab to the relevant app, then command-tilde to the relevant window. You avoid a large number of keystrokes and get to your destination faster. Concrete.
This thread is about Vista & MacOS X. In Vista, just press alt+Tab & you get thumbnail preview of all running applications, just look at what u need & mouse click on it. Simple like this.

*i13.tinypic.com/67y8q3b.jpg

Wrong! You don't even have to cut and paste. You simply hold down the Command key while dragging your file to wherever else you want to copy it and it physically removes the file from where it is and puts it where you drop it.
You don't even need to press command+drag, just drag. But hey, dragging is possible in Windows too & dragging is not equal to cut paste.

Two companies are offering two different operating systems. Which one would you call the "standard" one?
A Standard (PC Keyboard) is something which is most widely used & manufactured by many companies (Logitech, MS, Quantum, Razor) etc. So keeping this in mind, a PC Keyboard is standard out there.

The finder does provide icon spacing, you're just ignorant.
Well, If I m ignorant, then plz show me where it is. I will remove it from the flaw list.
It can play CDs without converting them to MP3 or MP4. If you look at the actual specifications, iTunes plays a wide variety of audio formats. Definitely not just two.
Rofl...now you are so ignorant despite of given the proof of your false statement.

If you really closed an app, it would exit. You are only closing document windows. Personally, I use Command+Q to close apps in Windows as well, so to me Windows and Mac work the same here. You can close apps from the Command-Tab bar, which is a step up from Windows where I do not think you can close apps from the Alt-Tab bar. You can also close apps by right-clicking the Dock icons.
me said:
Close apps does not means exiting them
Ever heard of MacUpdate, MacApper, VersionTracker, iUseThis or any other site that offers thousands upon thousands of apps available for the Mac?
Yup I did, & none of these provided me a free text editor, or a good enough photo manager or a media player which can play my WMA files.

You create a file with an application, how can you create a new file in windows? Even in Windows, a file is created within an application. If you mean folder then shift-apple-n will create a folder in the finder, or just select New Folder from the menu.
I guess you have never seen this.

*i17.tinypic.com/67hmc1s.jpg

I can list ten flaws in Vista right off the bat:
1. No drag and drop. (OK, there is some, but so little, it is almost negligible.)
2. Does not mount disk images by default.
3. No secure delete option.
4. Does not have smart shortcuts.
5. You cannot move applications once they are installed.
6. Bluetooth. (Everyone knows what I am talking about so I won't bother explaining.)
7. Address Book kicks the arse of Windows Contacts.
8. No Exposé. I don't care what anyone says but an OS without Exposé is an unusable operating system.
9. No zoom functionality like in Mac OS X.
10. Show Desktop works like crap.
1) You have not used Vista properly then. We have cut option. Drag an image directly from webpage to Photoshop, a text block directly from webpage to Word.

2) As far as I know, Mac OS X doesn't mounts ISO files , too, right? Need to check this..

3) Wait, you want to securely delete something (Shift+Delete) or securely delete so that you can recover something if required (the confirmation "Do u want to delete")

4) Why? Just uninstall from old location & install at new location. Common files will still be there in C:\Users\<username> folder

7) Lolz.....you haven't even touched Windows Contacts, have u? . I will be posting soon why they both are equivalent. Nobody kicks nobody's arse.

Expose is the Mac way, alt+TAb is the Windows way

9) You just said above Zoom is a bad functionality.

10) What, how? It shows u the desktop, thats it

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
nepcker said:
If you want to make things bigger, you could always use the screen zoom function. Go to System Prefences | Universal Access and make sure its enabled. Then you can press Command-Option and the + and - keys to zoom in and out of the screen. It stays anti-aliased so it looks nice too.
I know this but this is not the same as making an application go full screen. Ever tried Megazoomer?
BTW, you can press Ctrl and use the mouse wheel for zooming in and out too. It is a lot more convenient. :)

gx_saurav said:
1) You have not used Vista properly then. We have cut option. Drag an image directly from webpage to Photoshop, a text block directly from webpage to Word.
You are, quite possibly, the biggest liar in the world. You cannot drag images or text out of Internet Explorer at all. No chance in Hell.
And drag-and-drop in Mac OS X is everywhere. If the support for drag-and-drop in Mac OS X is 100, then in Windows it is somewhere around 002 or maybe 003.

gx_saurav said:
2) As far as I know, Mac OS X doesn't mounts ISO files , too, right? Need to check this..
Shut up and don't bother. It does.

gx_saurav said:
3) Wait, you want to securely delete something (Shift+Delete) or securely delete so that you can recover something if required (the confirmation "Do u want to delete")
I won't bother explaining to you what the term "Secure delete" means. Just repeat it a few times that Mac OS X has it and Windows doesn't. Hopefully you won't forget it in a hurry.

gx_saurav said:
4) Why? Just uninstall from old location & install at new location. Common files will still be there in C:\Users\<username> folder
WOW! So simple and convenient. A guess it is a lot more convenient than simply moving the application anywhere onto the hard drive, even while it is running. Idiot!

gx_saurav said:
7) Lolz.....you haven't even touched Windows Contacts, have u? . I will be posting soon why they both are equivalent. Nobody kicks nobody's arse.
Just a little thing - show me how can I dial a number from my Nokia 6300 using Windows Contacts. Or how to send an SMS. This is just one of the features of the Address Book in Mac OS X. There are many features that Windows Contacts has no clue about.

gx_saurav said:
Expose is the Mac way, alt+TAb is the Windows way
Ah, good excuse - unfortunately though, it just isn't good enough.

gx_saurav said:
9) You just said above Zoom is a bad functionality.
Oh really? I did? WOW! I never knew I could type things without my knowing that I was typing them.

gx_saurav said:
10) What, how? It shows u the desktop, thats it
You have fifteen windows open and then you click on "Show Desktop". Now click on one of those minimised windows. How do you get back all your windows now? That's right, you click all of them individually. What if some of them are grouped together because they belong to the same application? Yeah, click twice for each window. No, it is not screwed at all.

I just quickly posted the ten features I could immediately think of and you don't have a decent answer to even one of them. I could mention a lot more, like the lack of system wide spell checking or system wide zooming. I mean, I could just go on for days. You came up with seven drawbacks in three weeks. WOW!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, but you might have something that you absolutely want to get rid of and you know you never ever want to see it again. "Secure Empty Trash" comes in handy at that time. Mac OS X does not always secure delete stuff, only when you ask it to. It is a good option and should have been there in Windows. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, if you want to permanently delete then yeah, there is no feature for that in Windows.

But you forgot, Windows has a "Recycle Bin" from which you can recycle your stuff or get it back in the original form, while MacOS X has Trash.

Windows is more greener :D

47shailesh

Security Exp
Some Dude here has a very Cool Signature.. "Do not Mess with fan boys.. you'll make ursefl dirty" even if you are right..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
You are, quite possibly, the biggest liar in the world. You cannot drag images or text out of Internet Explorer at all. No chance in Hell.

I wasen't wrong when I said you are an ignorent brat who knows nothing about how to use a computer, sorry PC with Vista. Time for an eye opener again 100000th time. :D. Everyone out here, read the above statement given by arya in bold & see this video. You can conclude yourself who is a lier in the forum.

Draging an Image from IE 7 to Photoshop

Draging a piece of text from IE 7 to Word 2007

Both videos are DivX encoded. The slow speed of the videos is due to High CPU usage & 5 fps rate while using snagit.

WOW! So simple and convenient. A guess it is a lot more convenient than simply moving the application anywhere onto the hard drive, even while it is running. Idiot!

Personal comment from a rude Froum user #100th. Hey do you know how to use MacOS X, that shut down button is in the apple menu. The one with Blue apple logo.

Just a little thing - show me how can I dial a number from my Nokia 6300 using Windows Contacts. Or how to send an SMS. This is just one of the features of the Address Book in Mac OS X. There are many features that Windows Contacts has no clue about.

Nope, you can do that all with a Windows Mobile device, I did it myself with O2 XDA 2 Atom. It send SMS over bluetooth.

You have fifteen windows open and then you click on "Show Desktop". Now click on one of those minimised windows. How do you get back all your windows now? That's right, you click all of them individually. What if some of them are grouped together because they belong to the same application? Yeah, click twice for each window. No, it is not screwed at all.

Nope, no use. You don't know how to use Windows Vista so you don't know what flaws it has. Again, you are making flaws on your own with no truth.

Another eye opener :D, which unfortunately won't buzz your head cos you never research. Take a look at this video. Just click on "Show desktop" button in quick launch or press Winkey+D again.

Show desktop 3gp file

Nothing but the truth that Macboys have no connection to Facts & Reality.

Idiot. (Issued in public interest)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wow arya is still trying to prove that mac os x is better than vista (well it caant even compare with xp) :D

arya save ur self the embarrassment .... mac os x is no where near vista refer my sig for more info :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Don't know how many times do we have to prove it. When will Macboys look at proofs with open eyes.

So far arya has lied about these things without doing any proper research

1) PC using iSight

2) Mac using EFI since 2001 :)D my favorite)

3) Windows Explorer not showing preview of Videos or Images

4) IE 7 cannot drag images & text to other applications.

5) Much more which I do not care to write here.

Hey arya, one question for you which I guess nepcker forgot to look. How do i change the Icon spacing in finder in MacOS X tiger. I can't wait for Leopard :D

:Yawn: Happy Sunday.

What no Macboy reply in whole night.

1) I just checked, in MacOS X you can mount an ISO file by just double clicking. Although Windows Vista lacks this feature, but since we are talking about OEM computers here with writing capable drives, they come with Nero or Roxio preinstalled, through which they can easily mount the Disk as a Virtual Drive using Nero Image Drive out of the box :D. If not you can always do a search on google for either Daemon tools or Windows Virtual CD Powertoy for 60 KB only. I wonder why it is not bundled in Vista Itself, hmm....must be some lawsuit.

Oh & there is still no alternate to Daemon Tools & Ad muncher in Mac, whether 3rd party or Apple's own.

Wow, Microsoft gives so much for free.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
I wasen't wrong when I said you are an ignorent brat who knows nothing about how to use a computer, sorry PC with Vista. Time for an eye opener again 100000th time. :D. Everyone out here, read the above statement given by arya in bold & see this video. You can conclude yourself who is a lier in the forum.

Draging an Image from IE 7 to Photoshop

Draging a piece of text from IE 7 to Word 2007
It is hardly my fault that when you try to drag something out of IE it gives you the stop symbol that indicates the action isn't possible but then still allows you to do it. Then again, Microsoft never was the best when it comes to user interface design.

And anyway, you still cannot drag text or links or images onto the desktop or explorer or in any of the thousands of other applications on Windows. Because this capability you showed is available, Windows' drag-and-drop capabilities now rate about 008/100.

(BTW, you've got a super fast computer out there. I thought I was going to be waiting forever for that image to load in Photoshop. I actually had to jump forward into the video because I got tired of waiting.)

gx_saurav said:
Nope, you can do that all with a Windows Mobile device, I did it myself with O2 XDA 2 Atom. It send SMS over bluetooth.
Newsflash: I've only ever seen two people with Windows Mobile devices. I want to do it with my Nokia 6300.

gx_saurav said:
Nope, no use. You don't know how to use Windows Vista so you don't know what flaws it has. Again, you are making flaws on your own with no truth.

Another eye opener :D, which unfortunately won't buzz your head cos you never research. Take a look at this video. Just click on "Show desktop" button in quick launch or press Winkey+D again.

Show desktop 3gp file

Nothing but the truth that Macboys have no connection to Facts & Reality.
I specifically mentioned that it wouldn't re-maximise all the windows if you manually maximised one of them. If you hit "Win + D" twice without doing anything in between, of course it will show the desktop and then undo it. But more often than not, I want to go to the desktop because I want to launch something. And if I do that, I'll have to manually maximise all the windows.

gx_saurav said:
Oh & there is still no alternate to Daemon Tools & Ad muncher in Mac, whether 3rd party or Apple's own.
Why in the name of God's green Earth would someone need Daemon Tools on Mac OS X!! LOL! Are you completely nuts! And what does Ad muncher do?

gx_saurav said:
Wow, Microsoft gives so much for free.
LOL! LMAO! :lol:

gx_saurav said:
So far arya has lied about these things without doing any proper research

1) PC using iSight

2) Mac using EFI since 2001 ( my favorite)
Yeah, I was uninformed and made mistakes. Big deal!

gx_saurav said:
3) Windows Explorer not showing preview of Videos or Images
Yeah, it does not. Even now. I won't install any extension, plug-in or application. Why should I! "What isn't there by default is not a feature." You can only view JPGs, GIFs, PNGs, TIFFs and maybe a few other image formats but you cannot preview Adobe's formats (PSDs, PDFs, AIs, etc.) and you cannot preview videos. You just cannot.

gx_saurav said:
4) IE 7 cannot drag images & text to other applications.
Two applications. Maybe you can show me three more. That makes five. And that too after showing me a clear sign that it is not supported.
You still cannot drag most things on webpages to most other places. For example, you cannot drag some of this text into the Quick Reply box below when you want to quote me.

gx_saurav said:
5) Much more which I do not care to write here.
Translation: "Yeah, there were just three or four instances but well, I am gx_saurav so don't expect me to be truthful."
If I were to list the things you have said ignorantly over the past few months, you'd be buried underneath it. But I don't wish to get into that tomfoolery. I wanted to make a point about the superiority of Mac OS X over Vista and I've already done so. You haven't had a decent reply to anything I've said till now. Nor will you ever because unlike you, I generally know what I'm talking about.

Vista, even after blatantly copying everything from Mac OS X, is still crap when compared to Tiger. God help it when Leopard is released!

Oh, this just in, unlike Windows Vista, Mac OS X does not give stupid BSODs on fresh installs. LOL!
Weren't you the one prancing about saying that Microsoft had taken care of that and that the BSOD was gone forever never to be seen again. Well, it seems to have made a craptacular comeback. :lol:

Last edited:

samanvya_ad

Broken In
i have become a fan of arya...

still fighting his heart out... good going...
areu on orkut..?? i will become ur fan there....

but still vista is better bro...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! I don't even know whether that was a compliment or not. :lol:

BTW, maybe Vista is better for your needs. But it is better in general? No, it is not. I have already given some of the reasons and there are lots more. Vista simply has lesser features and certainly a much worse user interface when compared to Mac OS X, which is, beyond a shadow of doubt, the best operating system ever. Nothing can change that fact.

Anyway, I've said what I'd wanted to all along and unless someone present a convincing argument against me here, I won't bother to post again. (I know I've been unsuccessful so far, but honestly, I'm trying to restrain myself.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom