The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

drkrack

Broken In
@ Abhishek & @ujjwal007 both of the links working thanks a lot :beer::beer::beer:
Will be registering tomorrow as I left my invoice at home
I hope there shouldn't be any problem as I bought it on 25th august
You need to claim within 1 month of purchase..

I wasn't much aware of the additional warranty scheme, thanks for this thread

I feel really good because we get additional warranty and also Rs 699 offer to upgrade to Windows 8!

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
offer will end today ...dude

offer will end today ...dude
AFAIK you only need to buy the laptop before the 31st, people can still register after the 31st.

Terms & Conditions:

• Additional Warranty valid on Core-i & AMD A4/A6 models only

• Additional Extended Warranty valid on all customer purchases made on or after 1st June 2012 till 31st August 2012

Additional Warranty registration valid within 30 days from the date of purchase

dan4u

Took Off!!!
AFAIK you only need to buy the laptop before the 31st, people can still register after the 31st.

yea that's right......

Guys HP is releasing new dv6 models, the dv6-6c00 and dv6-6b00,check this dv6-6c00, it has i7-2670QM(sandy bridge), AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (lower than 7730m and GT 650m), but option for fhd

EDIT:- 7690M XT is a little better than 7730m

Last edited:

dexbg

Journeyman
Update --

Guys about the dead pixel issue + screen defect that I mention a few pages back...

I finally got a chance to speak to the Laptop Support and the CC person asked me to check the problem .. and as I was doing that .. the problem vanished .. :shock: :shock:

NO dead pixel & NO horizontal line.. I restarted the laptop once more and still couldnt find the dead pixel .. Is it possible its a GPU/driver defect ??
Coz till yesterday the line & dead pixel appeared as soon as the display switched on after power-up.

I was getting late for work so couldnt check any more.

I still told the CC that the problem was still there and they told me take laptop to the Samsung Service center to get it inspected.

ratul

█████████████████
Guys HP is releasing new dv6 models, the dv6-6c00 and dv6-6b00,check this dv6-6c00, it has i7-2670QM(sandy bridge), AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (lower than 7730m and GT 650m), but option for fhd

are you sure???
acc to Notebookcheck, both are almost same performer, 7730m performing slightly better (2-4fps) in many games than 7690m XT, as it's just the rebranded 6770m, the highly respectable GPU from HP 6165tx... Still, 7690m XT has the performance of GDDR5, a big advantage.. :p
*i.imgur.com/MaT7N.jpg

ujjwal007

Lost in games
yea that's right......

not worth the wait... :cool: all are expecting atleast 650m in this series...we cant game on fhd with that much lower gpu...its a reborn form of 7730m...and why the hell they used a 2nd generation processors??

pratyush997

Inactive
not worth the wait... :cool: all are expecting atleast 650m in this series...we cant game on fhd with that much lower gpu...its a reborn form of 7730m...and why the hell they used a 2nd generation processors??
Cuz 2nd gen runs cooler...and there is 15% performance increase in IB

Yeah.. u r right....

boltcat

Broken In
Re: The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread query

yes you can, connect it to your hdtv via an hdmi cable, but to view 3D games you require a software called "3D TV Play" from nvidia, it costs $40, there is a 14 day trial version you can get here

"3D TV Play" may not work with this laptop as the hdmi is not directly connected to nvidia 650m GPU. But there is a way to get 3D works with games and movies, its called Tridef. For it to work, your games should support directx9 at least. If you have a 3d tv / monitor and GTA4/BF3, should give it a try. GTA4 in 3d will put you in the land of Lilliput (Gulliver's Travels) with a remote controller (use ps3 controller to play gta4). Played FSX with it in 3d, simply mind-blowing. Owners of this laptop with 3d display system should definitely try.

pratyush997

Inactive

"3D TV Play" may not work with this laptop as the hdmi is not directly connected to nvidia 650m GPU. But there is a way to get 3D works with games and movies, its called Tridef. For it to work, your games should support directx9 at least. If you have a 3d tv / monitor and GTA4/BF3, should give it a try. GTA4 in 3d will put you in the land of Lilliput (Gulliver's Travels) with a remote controller (use ps3 controller to play gta4). Played FSX with it in 3d, simply mind-blowing. Owners of this laptop with 3d display system should definitely try.
gta iv struggles when ran on 900 high sett...n how come u expect it to run on 3d display on medd sett

dexbg

Journeyman
I finally got a chance to speak to the Laptop Support and the CC person asked me to check the problem .. and as I was doing that .. the problem vanished ..

NO dead pixel & NO horizontal line.. I restarted the laptop once more and still couldnt find the dead pixel .. Is it possible its a GPU/driver defect ??
Coz till yesterday the line & dead pixel appeared as soon as the display switched on after power-up.

Any comments ?

pratyush997

Inactive
gamin @fhd on lappy in this range......not possible.....even u cant play games on retina display in mbp....

gamin @fhd on lappy in this range......not possible.....even u cant play games on retina display in mbp....

ujjwal007

Lost in games
guys just want to share one thing with you..all.. today i m confirming that playing gta 4 with 2.1 icenhancer... my max temp was 85 and while playing with original game it reach upto 95 easily...in every shot..i m just noticing this all day i dont know why this is happening :| thats why i m playing it on icenhancer... oh well...

boltcat

Broken In

gta iv struggles when ran on 900 high sett...n how come u expect it to run on 3d display on medd sett

Dot right there, 3d will reduce your fps by half as there will be two images (for left side and right side) to render for each frame. So you have to reduce your settings to med/low (low setting in 3d >>>> high setting in 2d). Once played in 3d, will never play it in 2d again for sure.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
yea that's right......

not worth, why? because last year they were the only one in market with 6770M after Apple Macbook, this year expectation was 7770M. now it is same multimedia laptop. Lets see what would be the pricing on this laptop.

sanku

Right off the assembly line
hey guys how are these JBL speakers as compared to BEATS in new dv6 or skullkandy in 15r se or even our old XPS?

dan4u

Took Off!!!

I don't understand what you mean by " as the hdmi is not directly connected to nvidia 650m GPU".....if the graphic card supports 3d tv play then there's no problem, the Nvidia 600 series supports 3dtv play

not worth, why? because last year they were the only one in market with 6770M after Apple Macbook, this year expectation was 7770M. now it is same multimedia laptop. Lets see what would be the pricing on this laptop.

yea I expected at-least a 7750m......but there's also the dv6-6b00 model, whose specs is not known yet........

pratyush997

Inactive
hey guys how are these JBL speakers as compared to BEATS in new dv6 or skullkandy in 15r se or even our old XPS?
JBL can kill all of em w/o letting them know..though its a bit better one in xps

I don't understand what you mean by " as the hdmi is not directly connected to nvidia 650m GPU".....if the graphic card supports 3d tv play then there's no problem, the Nvidia 600 series supports 3dtv play
in lappies....hdmi out is connected to IPG i.e. HD 4000

Top Bottom