The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

demolisher48

Journeyman
^^ not sure about language, but it must have foul language to an extent, is that a problem for you??

and also guys I just found out one thing, when playing games enable Turbo Mode( fn + f11), this controls your fan speed, when you set to turbo mode, the battery changes to High performance, you can set to samsung optimized after setting turbo mode....

with 296.87 drivers I get fps in the range 35-50.....but with beta drivers the game gets stuck during launch.......

whats the settng

^^ not sure about language, but it must have foul language to an extent, is that a problem for you??

and also guys I just found out one thing, when playing games enable Turbo Mode( fn + f11), this controls your fan speed, when you set to turbo mode, the battery changes to High performance, you can set to samsung optimized after setting turbo mode....

with 296.87 drivers I get fps in the range 35-50.....but with beta drivers the game gets stuck during launch.......

at what setting

dan can you upload saved games i completed deckers.die then i reinstalled windows and saved files are gone

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^
1.set to turbo mode, using fn + f11
2.Now go to battery settings and change to Samsung optimized (i.e if you have reduced max cpu to less than 100%)

n sorry bro, i haven't played much of saints row, I completed like 2 missions, busy with bf3 n gta

Hi Ladies (I really doubt if there is someone!) & Gentlemen,
After browsing this thread and searching for alternative to NP550P5C-S02IN for a week, I finally conquered to this as there is no model found in my all-time favorite i.e. HP brand at the same price range. It's time to offload heavy yet powerful HP Elitebook 8530w (costed 120k 3yrs back with anti-glare screen of 15'' 1920 x 1200) from my shoulders!

First look is so nice! Sleek model just like Ultra book ...
Vendor played "Zinthatha Zitha Zitha ..." song to see quality of Audio & Video. It's good.

Gentle Request:
I never play games. But after reading this thread which is carrying forward the topic "Throttling and Temperatures", I just want to test this beauty's tolerance.
Can anybody suggest me a high end game to play in Ultra / Ultimate mode to heat-up this doll ?

... Thanks & Regards

Hi,
Dan4u,
Thanks for the reply.
I've removed the pics.

... Thanks & Regards

Hi Conan,
According to SSD vs HDD reviews,
1. when SSD is used, Windows should be booted up in just 22 seconds where it takes around 40 seconds when HDD is used.
2. data copy rate should be 500 MB / sec.
May I know your observations ?

... Thanks & Regards

sherif

Broken In
hi everyone my lappy was super cool till last bios update now it showing 10% battery wear level, before calibrating it was 4% what to do now should i go for a battery replacement
or any other ways to solve the problem plz help me guyzzz

dexbg

Journeyman
Guys... trouble :( !!!!!

Dead pixel and a horizontal line across the LCD .. :( :( :(

Bought this on 25/08 .. three days ago !!

*i.imgur.com/DFHXf.jpg

*i.imgur.com/0I54k.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Xn5hU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Xn5hU.jpg

Its the pinkish line which just came up . and its persistant.

Update:

The horizontal line went away after I pressed the LCD from behind (the cover side) ..
its reappears every now and them and I press the LCD from the behind and its goes away in a few tries.

The dead pixel is persistent though.

What do you guys think, is the LCD problem due to some damage or defect ?

havent been able to reach customer care.

Whats the exact number can anyone tell ? (3030 8282) how to dial this ?

sherif

Broken In
^^^go to easy settings manager and there switch to battery life extender option.

@RON28 thanks

but i am on battery life extender option buddy, battery wear level was at 0% till yesterday after updating with new bios battery level shows 4% then i did smart calibration after that battery charge level shows 100% (i am on battery life extender option both bios and easy settings) and wear level 10% wtf!

RON28

Cyborg Agent
@RON28 thanks

but i am on battery life extender option buddy, battery wear level was at 0% till yesterday after updating with new bios battery level shows 4% then i did smart calibration after that battery charge level shows 100% (i am on battery life extender option both bios and easy settings) and wear level 10% wtf!

same thing happened with me, switch batter life extender off, restart ur lappy, then again switch it on, restart ur lappy.

Update:

The horizontal line went away after I pressed the LCD from behind (the cover side) ..
its reappears every now and them and I press the LCD from the behind and its goes away in a few tries.

just get a replacement. because you have strong proof, and if CC acts like dumb then contact any senior manager.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Update:

the cc will definitely replace the screen, there will be no fuss or anything. I got a refund because I thought the i5 had a problem(which it doesn't), the cc were very cooperative, all i told them was the laptop heats too much, it was the cc that recommended a replacement or refund..:p

call that number and ask for the local Samsung service center number or even better, call the dealer you bought it from, tell him the problem, ask him directly for a replacement.

do that, the dealer should replace it, tell him you can't wait to get replacement from Samsung.

rekrow

Broken In
How can you put it to windowed mode man???? Help me out!!:(

okay for me it didnt work in dx 11 mode so i opend it with dx9 and then go to options and set it to windows under the display options. have a try :) worked for me. good luck :)

How can you put it to windowed mode man???? Help me out!!:(

okay for me it didnt work in dx 11 mode so i opend it with dx9 and then go to options and set it to windows under the display options. have a try :) worked for me. good luck :)

guys have you noticed this? when the fan is in normal mode temps are about 55 and when i but it to turbo mode it goes up to 60 65. whats the problem? thats the optimum setting to keep the laptop "cool"? i dont care about power savings as long as it keeps the laptop cool. any suggestions? and how do i reduce the cpu to 80% max?

Conan

Broken In
Hi Conan,
According to SSD vs HDD reviews,
1. when SSD is used, Windows should be booted up in just 22 seconds where it takes around 40 seconds when HDD is used.
2. data copy rate should be 500 MB / sec.
May I know your observations ?

... Thanks & Regards

1. My boot times are really fast. The system boots up in 16 seconds and powers down in 6 seconds. :-D These are after I installed a fresh copy of Windows on the SSD and some registry tweaks.

2. That's just marketing speak to fool gullible buyers. Though, high end SSDs will have 500 Mbps read/write, this number is for the sequential data read/write. Real world speeds will be closer to the 4k random read/write speeds. Data transfer rate also depends on the type of data and SSD. Most of the benchmark data can be found in online reviews, but, what speed an individual is getting can be known from synthetic benchmarks like Crystal Disk Mark run on that particular system. I haven't run any such software so I can't report my read/write speeds.

guys have you noticed this? when the fan is in normal mode temps are about 55 and when i but it to turbo mode it goes up to 60 65. whats the problem? thats the optimum setting to keep the laptop "cool"? i dont care about power savings as long as it keeps the laptop cool. any suggestions? and how do i reduce the cpu to 80% max?

I guess "turbo mode" would be forcing the processor to run at a higher clock speed, hence, the higher temp. BTW, 60-65 idle temp. is not something to worry about. The real problem will arise when your peak load temp. crosses 100.

To limit CPU performance to 80% :
1. Click on the battery icon in your task bar.
2. Click "More Power Options".
3. Select ""High performance" mode and click "Change plan settings".
4. Click "Change advanced power settings"".
5. In the dialog box that opens up, scroll down the list and expand the "Processor Power Management" dropdown.
6. Expand "Maximum processor State".
7. Here you can set the maximum processor utilization values.

drkrack

Broken In
Hi
I bought this Lappy after reading this thread completely,
I think ,This is not built for serious Gaming,
Samsung also advertises it as High Performance and not a Gaming Lappy.

I don't game much, mostly use it for Video editing, Photoshop & Multimedia Purposes.
It's a great VFM Lappy as far as Multimedia Powerhouse is Concerned.
The Screen, Audio & performance are simply Awesome...
I didn't face this heating issue, though battery performance is average.
I am completely happy with the performance

How to avail 1yr extended warranty?
I registered with Samsung it shows only one Year Warranty..
Any info on this regard will be much appreciated

rekrow

Broken In
I guess "turbo mode" would be forcing the processor to run at a higher clock speed, hence, the higher temp. BTW, 60-65 idle temp. is not something to worry about. The real problem will arise when your peak load temp. crosses 100.

To limit CPU performance to 80% :
1. Click on the battery icon in your task bar.
2. Click "More Power Options".
3. Select ""High performance" mode and click "Change plan settings".
4. Click "Change advanced power settings"".
5. In the dialog box that opens up, scroll down the list and expand the "Processor Power Management" dropdown.
6. Expand "Maximum processor State".
7. Here you can set the maximum processor utilization values.

thanks bro appreciate ir :)

sanku

Right off the assembly line
hey, drkrack which model hv u bought( i5/i7)?
also hv u tried playin some games?
........Dude im seriously considering buying it.
PLEASE HELP.........anybody?

Top Bottom