The RMA Experience Thread

nginx

In the zone
Till date the only thing I have had to RMA was a Western Digital 1TB External hard drive which failed within a week of purchase. I filed the RMA a week before the Durga Puja festival, so they informed me that it will take time to process it. Approximately 18 days later a WD guy came to my home and delivered a brand new 1.5TB HDD which was a surprise bonus. Another guy came a week later to pick up the old HDD.

I have to say that was an excellent RMA experience for a first timer. I really liked how they supplied me with a new one before even picking up the old one. Usually its the other way around with most companies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update on Gigabyte mobo RMA :

they are giving me a repaired mobo for which I got instant replacement ( a old crappy one ) - this mobo is the same ( got it instead of the faulty DDr2 mobo ) and the serail no. is same .. grrr .. I will tell them to test it to be sure and if they had to give a repaired one ( which I've used before ) what took so long .. almost 2 weeks ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyway .. got the repaired mobo ...and though the mobo is working the DVI port is not and they have gave a crap CMOS battery with it .. had to replace it using one of my own battery ... got pissed .. ditched it.

virajkin

Journeyman
My friends Asus M4N68-M-LE V2 went bad. It was getting off after 15-20 minutes of uses and after few days stopped giving display. So on 13 September 2012 I went to Rashi Peripherals Goa and gave that motherboard for RMA. After 2 months of long wait they gave me the replacement which was not a new board but some repaired board of same model. I got it home and connected to test and to my bad it wasn't giving display :(. So again went to Rashi and gave that board and told that i want the repair/replacement asap. They said they have to follow the procedure. In the forum i read that Asus as appointed Digicare as their service provider. Is it confirmed? Because i have a very good experience with digicare for my Kingston RAM and a MSI motherboard. they Replaced it within 12-15 days..
Now i am just praying to god that at least this time Rashi will give the motherboard in good working condition..

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
I got a brand new Asus Xonar DX from Rashi in 3 days. This new card is also giving me problems (but this is a different story) They gave a new card in 3 days is good news.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My friends Asus M4N68-M-LE V2 went bad. It was getting off after 15-20 minutes of uses and after few days stopped giving display. So on 13 September 2012 I went to Rashi Peripherals Goa and gave that motherboard for RMA. After 2 months of long wait they gave me the replacement which was not a new board but some repaired board of same model. I got it home and connected to test and to my bad it wasn't giving display :(. So again went to Rashi and gave that board and told that i want the repair/replacement asap. They said they have to follow the procedure. In the forum i read that Asus as appointed Digicare as their service provider. Is it confirmed? Because i have a very good experience with digicare for my Kingston RAM and a MSI motherboard. they Replaced it within 12-15 days..
Now i am just praying to god that at least this time Rashi will give the motherboard in good working condition..

before getting a repaired mobo always insist on checking it in front of you ...

virajkin

Journeyman
God Helped me :-D, Rashi gave a replacement motherboard in working condition today. They only told me that henceforth Asus motherboard service will be done by Digicare.. So Happy :razz:. Now i can Happily buy or suggest Asus products

saswat23

Human Spambot
Submitted friend's XFX 8400GS DDR2 512MB with Rashi's. They said it will take around 20days as DDR2 and 512MB models are not available now. So, I might get a new DDR3 1GB card instead, if the card is not repairable.

And the latest news is XFX has reduced its warranty to 2yrs since Jan. 2012. So, guys avoid XFX.

somebodysme

Journeyman
I purchased my PC from Prime ABGB, and I asked them to courier Monitor and cabby to my place.
First they didn't send it on time(I purchased it on saturday and they courier it on monday and tuesday), it took a week for cabinet and was little damaged when I received it(damaged like the side was little out of shape not severe though so I kept it). Then the monitor came after 10 to 14 days and on top of that it didn't start. I sent it back and asked them for replacement.
They didn't sent that monitor and keep telling me that they sent it and and gave me wrong tracking numbers. This all drama lasted for 2-3 weeks and after 1 or 1.5 month(from purchase date) they told we didn't sent your monitor and will return your money. What the #$#$ is that..

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ Sorry to hear that! IMO, it would have been better had you paid a visit to their showroom in Mumbai for that purpose, IMO, it's not too far away from Pune.

virajkin

Journeyman
Very Good experience with Sapphire Graphics card RMA with Aditya Infotech Mumbai
I had a Sapphire HD 6750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics card. It stopped giving display around 20 days back. So i contacted Aditya Infotech Mumbai, and they told to courier it to their Andheri address, Aftherwards I got a call that they have received the card. In next 15 days they shipped me the replacement via first flight courier. Yesterday I received the replacement and opened the box and surprise................Its a brand new Sapphire HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Card. Very good service by Aditya
Now i have a question: Currently I have Gigabyte SuperB 460W PSU, Will the New 7750 Card work with this PSU?? or Do i need to change the psu. Please suggest.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Well HD 7750 has lower power consumption than HD 6750. So you need not worry.
*www.hwcompare.com/11776/radeon-hd-6750-vs-radeon-hd-7750/

Your service was really very fast. But they took two months both the time I sent my FSP PSU for RMA. I also sent it now for the third time around 10 days back, but IDK why they are not giving me a replacement. They will inform me today though.

virajkin

Journeyman
Well HD 7750 has lower power consumption than HD 6750. So you need not worry.
*www.hwcompare.com/11776/radeon-hd-6750-vs-radeon-hd-7750/

Your service was really very fast. But they took two months both the time I sent my FSP PSU for RMA. I also sent it now for the third time around 10 days back, but IDK why they are not giving me a replacement. They will inform me today though.

Thanks for the info. This card doesn't have the extra PCI-E power connector like the one had in 6750.
Even i was impressed with Aditya's fast service. But i have a bad experience with Asus RMA from Digicare. I have sent a Asus M4N68 M LE V2 motherboard 4 times for replacement for different reasons. Hope this time at least they will send me a working piece as my customer is shouting over me...:p

virajkin

Journeyman
Details of Sapphire Radeon 7750 1GB

*i47.tinypic.com/2czczgx.jpg

Attachments

• 7750.jpg
    7750.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom