The RMA Experience Thread

Myth

Cyborg Agent
He is an ok guy. He can only help you as much as the system (rashi) can permit.
Rashi's whole setup is the prime example of how service shouldn't be like.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Question: Where are you located?
And their pricing also looks good.
I am located in Allahabad(U.P.) at present and it is quite far away from mumbai and I paid using HDFC netsafe(virtual credit card basically). After making the payment within 1 hr it was shipped and a mail was forwarded to me. First I tried inquiring about availability at primeabgb.com but they haven't replied yet and I doubt if they will but TheItWares.com people replied within 5 mins so ordered from them. Product was shipped on 30th and recieved on 1st august which was the due date through FedEx and it was in perfect condition so all in all an excellent experience :-D

P.S. Shipping was free. Even when they are using premium courier service which is an added bonus :)
P.P.S.- Sorry for mentioning the shipping date as 1st august. It was 30th july and i recieved the package on 1st of august

Last edited:

arc84

Broken In
My Experience with a pathetic company called Seagate.

I have always preferred Seagate over other brands and so I purchased a 500GB drive in November 2009 (ST3500418AS). This drive crashed without any warning in last week of May, 2010 and sent it for RMA, through Accel Frontline, Kolkata, and got a new 500GB drive(Again ST3500418AS)on 16th June, 2010. This drive failed in first week of November 2010. I sent it for RMA and received a new 500GB drive of the same model on 27th Nov, 2010.

The HDD now failed again in July, 2012 and this time I got a 500GB ST3500413AS drive on 25th July, 2012, which was Seagate Factory Repaired piece and when I connected it to my system I found it to be a DOA. This drive was not detected on my system and when I called Accel, I was informed that I will have to go through the whole RMA process again. I was busy and as such was able to visit their center only in the first week of AUg, 2012 to send this drive for RMA.

This time the drive was repaired locally and when I went to collect the HDD today, I asked them whether they have checked the drive and is it working? They said they have fully tested it and it's working. And what do I find when I connect it to my system? the bloody thing is not getting detected and now I have to go through the same damn process again.

I really regret my decision to purchase Seagate and now that the HDD prices have gone through the roof and warranties being slashed from 5 yrs to 1 yr, I would suggest all to stay as far away from Seagate as possible. I would personally never ever purchase anything from Seagate nor recommend it to anybody, not even my foes.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
BTW what's the current pricing of Z77 board(s) you are looking for in BBSR?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Z77 boards are at the moment not available in bbsr. Got it from Kolkata.
PS: Prices in bbsr for most items are cheaper as compared to kolkata. :-?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
That much for mPro? What is this world coming to?

FK screwed me by making me wait a week and then informing me they didn't have it in stock. It was cheaper in bhubaneswar but rashi said it wont be available for 2-3 weeks. Md computers , kolkata didnt have it in stock either. Most other retailers confused z77 with h77.
Supreme, kolkata was the only option left :p

tkin

Back to school!!
FK screwed me by making me wait a week and then informing me they didn't have it in stock. It was cheaper in bhubaneswar but rashi said it wont be available for 2-3 weeks. Md computers , kolkata didnt have it in stock either. Most other retailers confused z77 with h77.
Supreme, kolkata was the only option left :p
Did you try vedant?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
I am not familiar with most shops in kolkata. Mdcomputers, Supreme are probably the only ones I know by name ( and location) . :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
After this bitter experience :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/161290-gigabyte-motherboard-rma-prepare-humiliated.html
finally I managed to get a replacement motherboard (GA-MA785GMT-US2H) with the help of The Sorcerer but this replacemnet unit gone bad yesterday - so submitted it for RMA and got another GA-MA785GMT-US2H which is DOA - so going to submit this one for RMA and see what replacement unit they will arrange.

tkin

Back to school!!
RMA Experience:

Provider: Cello Service
Company: Micromax
Product: Funbook

Experience: The behavior of service center guys were pretty nice, but the service itself sucks, its been 4 weeks now my funbook is with them for replacing battery(shutdown issue), they said to call today, I'll let you know how it turns out, but fair warning, most micromax service takes a month at least.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ can you provide the address of Micromax Service center ( Cello Service ) ??

===========================================

coming back to the Gigabyte MotherBoard issue :

RMA No : GBTKOL120007670DW

This time I took the cpu with me and they tested the motherboard with the cpu but as there's no stock of the same model they told this will take some time .. let's see how long it takes ?

tkin

Back to school!!
Got my funbook back today, just over a month, new battery, new USB port, new USB cable, and the service center guys behaved nicely.

@topgear, I don't have the bill with me any more, so can't give the address, but directions are, start walking from MD towards GPO following GC avenue, along right foot path, now on first big crossing turn right, and cello service is just beside Nokia Store(which is beside large BSNL store selling penta tabs), they also service HTC mobiles.

Top Bottom