The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
no no I print from zoomin.com ...in that site you have option to pick your pictures from either flipkart or instagram album or flickr album or picasa web album...I prefer flickr...soo upload those pics in that profile which I will be printing :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
and one that i've been meaning to put up for some time now

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3756/13783010913_8f62a2fab6_c.jpgTreading on flowers by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
Went to a nearby lake and had lots of fun trekking...but didnt got many birds :(

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7427/13817069854_069172ccf2.jpgDSC_0083 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/13816771263_d8d385d561.jpgDSC_0088 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2844/13816769923_908c233d33_z.jpgDSC_0095 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/13817064994_4f2d3f7aff_z.jpgDSC_0102 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3793/13816763103_b1b6993302_z.jpgBeautiful lake side by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2812/13817056894_571eea551e_z.jpgDSC_3433.tif by sujoyp, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

And the New bird that I got is this one

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7307/13817051524_98aab097ec_z.jpgDSC_3444 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/13816754243_d82a6e0498_z.jpgDSC_3454 by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/13816753013_e18ee0f6be_z.jpgDSC_3467 by sujoyp, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

here is a pic of me too ;)

just in case u see me somewhere...on TV newspaper :D :D
*farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/13816737265_4a88ccb2ba_z.jpgMe by sujoyp, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy,
After seeing first two, third's IQ seems not good.
Beautiful lake side: I guess this could be a good spot for star trail esp. if it's little out of city.
Me: Hey! I know this guy. The guy from TDF. I have seen his shoulder level portrait before. I thought he was hitting gym, but in this photograph it seems like he is not... ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks nac ...its just not possible to even stay there after 6 PM ...its in very remote place and there is no one around...maybe if you are with a group of 5 on a car, then its possible.

he he he...yes I go to gym...but I have collected lots n lots of fats in all these years...it wont go down that easily :D

I want a 300mmf4 :pullhair: 150-500 maybe good for enthusiasts but it just dont match up ....300f4 +TC used cost 60-62k double of 150-500

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks nac ...its just not possible to even stay there after 6 PM ...its in very remote place and there is no one around...maybe if you are with a group of 5 on a car, then its possible.

he he he...yes I go to gym...but I have collected lots n lots of fats in all these years...it wont go down that easily :D

I want a 300mmf4 :pullhair: 150-500 maybe good for enthusiasts but it just dont match up ....300f4 +TC used cost 60-62k double of 150-500

Hey, can you point out what range of focal length do you most use for birding in the Sigma (esp DSC_3444) ?

I cant find the EXIF info within flickr now :|

Regarding pics, very Nikon-y :- True to life, but definitely not punchy enough for a lot of people. ANd a slight lack of sharpness arising from the lens I guess (my 50mm f1.8 has the exact same issue, I have started noticing - focus locks but the pics are slightly out of focus.):>

sujoyp

Grand Master
I use more then 95% 500m and remaining from 400-500 ....I dont remember last I shot below 400mm ...also I can not lock the lens at 420mm as everyone says 400-420mm is the best...and its just natural to zoom in full to get the closest shot

yaah strange when I exported to TIFF and then jpeg exif details got lost ....will take care next time

Pranav these are converted from RAW so definitely its not issue with Nikon but a issue with me ....I may like less saturated true to life pics :)

there is no focus issue the previous owner had some superb shots by this...now days when I shoot I remember to put the focus box right on birds eye soo it should come in focus

- - - Updated - - -

BTW guys you can see the contrast difference between 150-500 and tammy 17-50 ...all landscapes are shot with tammy except last one ...sigma surly have contrast issue

Hrishi

Guys what's the best way to add a small water mark , or rather a small text to all the images converted from raw images in a bulk. ( I don't want to manually add a text in each and every images.)

Also , the pics that I edit are in .ARW file ( raw image files for Sony.)
Now , in Adobe Photoshop CS6 , which would be the best file format to preserve all the details , without compromising to the image quality and details , and at the same time can be shared on flickr , too ??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried a macro shot with my somewhat macro capable TP Lens , and a little bit of editing in Picasa and Adobe PS CS6.
Looks a bit over-saturated though and somewhat dark-issh.
PS : it's extremely difficult to shoot macros , without a tripod . There is so much of shake and blur at high focal length.

BTW , to the very right of the image (see full resolution image.) , I see a distortion of uniform length. This is present in each and every image that I shoot from from DSLR. Can someone explain whether there is a problem with the Lens/Sensor or it's just how the Raw images are.

MagiC_Magenta!
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7232/13820258825_00f815c54c_z.jpg

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] ...use TIFF image format to retain details...but it will be huge in size ...but can be opened anywhere and uploaded too ...

good macro shot ...practice handheld macro rishi...our tripod cant go where insects live ...flower its fine ....and it needs a tripod which have movable center column ;)

and that distortion...hmm seems lens issue to me

[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] what happened to your pics...y soo much grains...did u crop it too much

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rishi, I use fastStone Image viewer. I used it for adding border and stamping exif info. There are few more you can do with it, like watermarking photographs. Try that...

If it's a keeper, keep the RAW and save the edited ones in jpeg. I think TIFFs are too big (yes, TIFF preserve lot of details than jpeg). My SOOC jpegs file size range from 250KB to 3.x MB, RAW are 17.8MB (irrespective of lightings, camera settings...). Even if it's totally blown out picture, or fully dark, size remains 17.8MB. But the TIFF I get are too big (80MB - 190 MB) after editing. That's too much.

Try to shoot when there is plenty of light, and/or you can buy an external flash to avoid motion blur (camera shake).

Yes, that's how the RAW images are. All the RAW images have lens distortion. You have to apply lens correction. Adobe camera RAW (which comes with CS6) can do that.

Your picture is nice. :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW guys you can see the contrast difference between 150-500 and tammy 17-50 ...all landscapes are shot with tammy except last one ...sigma surly have contrast
issue
Actually, I thought that's how you want you photographs. (no offense). If it's because of the lens, push it in PP.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac Actually after reading your statement I again tried to edit the pic and it came very nicely :) soo it was my half hearted effort on editing :(

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3688/13825342335_7e4289eb9d_z.jpgDSC_3433s by sujoyp, on Flickr

Hrishi

Rishi, I use fastStone Image viewer. I used it for adding border and stamping exif info. There are few more you can do with it, like watermarking photographs. Try that...

Try to shoot when there is plenty of light, and/or you can buy an external flash to avoid motion blur (camera shake).

Yes, that's how the RAW images are. All the RAW images have lens distortion. You have to apply lens correction. Adobe camera RAW (which comes with CS6) can do that.

Your picture is nice. :)

- - - Updated - - -
Thanks.
I will try the Lens distortion correction , I have PS6 , it's just that it's not working with RAW images. I guess I will have to download the latest Camera RAW Plug-in , I think I have 7.1 currently , and my cam being pretty new requires 7.4 or above.
Will try after updating.

If it's a keeper, keep the RAW and save the edited ones in jpeg. I think TIFFs are too big (yes, TIFF preserve lot of details than jpeg). My SOOC jpegs file size range from 250KB to 3.x MB, RAW are 17.8MB (irrespective of lightings, camera settings...). Even if it's totally blown out picture, or fully dark, size remains 17.8MB. But the TIFF I get are too big (80MB - 190 MB) after editing. That's too much.
Gosh...!!!!!! 80-100MBs ???!!!! Even the RAW ones are not that huge. I never thought a pic could reach 100MBs in size.!! I will only keep those in TIFFs , which are keepers. Rest all , RAW.

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] ...use TIFF image format to retain details...but it will be huge in size ...but can be opened anywhere and uploaded too ...

good macro shot ...practice handheld macro rishi...our tripod cant go where insects live ...flower its fine ....and it needs a tripod which have movable center column ;)

Yeah , I am trying though the TP Lens+Body becomes quite heavy to keep steady.
I think my tripod has a movable center coulmn. :)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] : I am pretty sure that your stock 18-55 is also capable of similar macros. (My canon one does)

Hrishi

[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] : I am pretty sure that your stock 18-55 is also capable of similar macros. (My canon one does)

Well ,these flowers are actually much smaller in reality.!! ( The image is not cropped either ) Not sure if , 18-55 will be able to magnify so much. I have taken these shots at a distance of ~1.25mtrs away from the subject at a focal length of 300mm.
I will try a macro shot with 18-55 though. But I am pretty sure , my both lenses are not much good when it comes to sharpness ,( without any editing ).
Next week I am planning to visit nearby showrooms for checking various lenses. I will see a demo of the lens quality and sharpness.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Few from me:
my first try of taking macro shot: a butterfly

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2852/13838075965_096c3b3555.jpg

Sunset:

*ppcdn.500px.org/65805543/0ddac76c2cd99091f19d8c5cfce62497b0d78476/4.jpg
Sunset, India by Kapil Juvale on 500px

Top Bottom