The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
good work prashant

I would have liked it more if the background was not this distracting...if you have a prime or a telephoto lens it would produce nice OOF image.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Excellent Prashant. :doublethumb:

Sujoy, He already bought a DSLR? I thought that was from his SX240...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks nac and sujoy
DoF is artificial in the landscape shot. I could have added more lens blur but it wasn't looking natural. The other one has only minimal noise reduction and exposure correction

sujoyp

Grand Master
nice prashant...its a great shot ...no one can guess its taken with mobile...

- - - Updated - - -

Shot these at my garden...sadly there were no other insect ...one spider ran away , he saw me comming :D

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7232/13752282654_e3fd804118_z.jpg

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7080/13751924983_f593dccf5f_z.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, Those are very nice, esp. the background of the second one. But still I am expecting little more...

sujoyp

Grand Master
:wah::wah: more ....but I never got soo clean BG till now...this is the 1st time ...I will just get a macro lens which can shoot 1:1..only then the quality may increase ...now I can shoot only 1:2 soo I have to crop it to almost half

nac

Aspiring Novelist
This is one of the images taken when shooting for the challenge. Didn't think that this will suit the topic, so didn't post it.

And after inci and gen thought that the black and white border isn't good, I removed it. I wanted something there, so that I can stamp the exif info and at the same at the same time the border shouldn't be visible. Tried something, even I don't know whether this will work or not. I will only know when I post it... Will see what you guys say about the border (lets see whether you can see it first).

*i.imgur.com/DhSXzIt.jpg

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] ditch the border altogether. it is distracting and makes images look kind of small
[MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION] nice macros. like the 1st one more.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You see the border :( I thought I made it invisible. I am almost at the edge of a cliff, ditching border altogether... :hissyfit::cryeyesout:

sujoyp

Grand Master
nice one nac....just remove the borders...it will be cumbersome even at the time of printing pictures...creating photobooks

thanks prashant

kaz

right here
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] I know you put borders to mention the settings used. It looks good but now that everyone is insisting to remove it, the only option is to upload on flickr where we can see all the exif datas :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks guys... :)
I am listening. It's now 5-0 in favour of no borders and frames. :) My next one will have no border, I have worked on something. That will be my last attempt on stamping exif info. If that too distracts, then no more borders and I will manually type-in the exif.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The intention for leaving exif is because, I really want to get some constructive criticism of the photographs I share.

Many (probably most) of the photographs I share thinking that they are good (in my view, when I see it first). But later after getting some comments I realize that the photographs are not as good as before or really bad.

After my initial few months into photograph, I came across a post suggesting few things. "what to do to get some "real" comments and criticism"? Leaving exif on the post was one among the few. To my convenience, lately I am stamping them. If the borders really making the photograph look bad, I will sure work on it or remove it. Now I am working on it. I will give it a try one last time. Please, don't give up on me. :) Comment on that whether the border like thing is ok or not (it's not actually a border). Before going bed, I will post two photographs with that new one.

- - - Updated - - -

These are the two photographs.

1. Line house

*i.imgur.com/PcRdWWc.jpg

2. Avenue to nowhere

*i.imgur.com/wnINjLc.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom