The Photography Thread

trublu

Ta da !
I came to this page to post what I thought was a good picture, but I am having second thoughts after seeing Stuge's photo :-(:-(.

Anyway, here's one of the pictures I took on my trip to Chongqing, China last month. This is the Great Hall of the People. Beautiful place to spend your evenings.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-g7Ar1vl9kEQ/UmuRT_hxM2I/AAAAAAAAE7U/e4fdUPrME_Y/w792-h528-no/IMG_5519.jpg

The entire album is present here.

I really need to learn how to PP images like the way Stuge does.

Attachments

• IMG_5519.jpg
    IMG_5519.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 59

sujoyp

Grand Master
@stuge beautiful shot

@trublu...your shot is also very good man ...Stuge was already an expert when I started 3 years ago :D soo a guru is always a guru ;)
he is a good photographer :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@stuge - The first one was great, the 2nd is even better. Nice location. What camera ?
@trublu - nice photo.

Here are a couple of city night shots.
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3810/10490491165_1a352329dc_b.jpg

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3679/10541205814_cc6096efc6_b.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
gen what PP you are doing ...
in 1st pic building are looking awesome..but why there is no reflection on water..and its blurred out
in 2nd pic all is good except the sky...whats the strange blochy effect on sky

trublu

Ta da !
@Gen.Libeb : Nice shots. I want to learn how to take night shots of skylines. What are the things I need to keep in my mind?

There's this beautiful place in Chongqing, the Chaotianmen square, where the rivers Jialing and Yangtze meet. The night skyline is just mesmerizing. I thought since this is a wide-angle shot, setting the camera to aperture priority and shooting at f11-f16 will get me a good shot. There was so much light from the cruise ships that the whole lot of pictures came out just full of colours, as if looking at the skyline through coloured glass!

I regret my decision now (going back to China is a decision my wallet won't approve :D )

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Thanks for your comments everyone.

in 1st pic building are looking awesome..but why there is no reflection on water..and its blurred out
Adjusted sharpness & noise sliders in ACR for the first one, unsharp mask for the 2nd.
Then used a high filter pass overlay for more sharpening for both.

On the first, the first thing I noticed I wasn't those light getting stars, I tried several shots but never got it right. Blotchy sky could be clouds/noise, I didn't notice much till I read your post.

@Gen.Libeb : Nice shots. I want to learn how to take night shots of skylines. What are the things I need to keep in my mind?
I just keep exposure time between 10-15 seconds for these night shots. ISO to 80 (lowest). Aperture to F8 (lowest on your camera) & definitely not shoot hand held.. place the camera somewhere. Also try to use a timer, you know pressing the button will cause some shake.

I have the same problem with too much light on day time long exposure shots. The 2-3 stop built in ND filter just doesn't cut it.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

The lack of reflection is the long exposure working on the waves ;)
This effect looks like a remove the extreme levels + bump up saturation/warmth a tiny bit - I know coz thats my most used setting :D

trublu

Ta da !
Another one. This was near Paradise Walk in Guanyinqiao, Chongqing.

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3H-dVXwLNWE/UmuQtz9KhuI/AAAAAAAAFDA/h0EIMtM1qVg/w822-h548-no/IMG_5490.jpg

a_medico

Chillum Baba
trublu, wonderful pics. Little softness though. Did you use tripod? Recommended for such shots with longer exposures.

Gen - first shot is fantastic.

trublu

Ta da !
@a_medico : It was a hand-held shot. I don't have a tripod (yet). I don't really know how it came out so soft - it was like that when I touched it in LR.

Is that a good thing?

Top Bottom