The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@CoolG5..Thanks:)...ur pic is very sharp...great shot

Actually I was trying to get the snap of splash which I just couldnt...even after trying too many times...

Ones I got this...but background was not good.Soo I discarded the pic

*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TAqWjPMfckI/AAAAAAAAFQc/q5wAevDLOqo/s400/DSC040181.jpg
Will try again:-D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4674257099_236c205db6.jpg

@stuge - Nothing much to say stuge. I see nothing special here. Only the composition works for me.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Been going to this thread for around at half an hour right from page one(reached till page 28). It feels good to read how much everybody has progressed with the time. Half an hour well spent. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
thats good...r u going to read the whole thread now...:p

Today went to get a digicam with my friend for him...My friend needed a simple cam soo I insisted to get a canon Ixus 120IS ...it look very cool and had all feature at 11k...but my friend just got stuck that he need a 3" screen...soo ultimately he decided on Sony W360(Not my choice....really)..spent 13k

Now the picture quality inside room is very poor...sweep panorama is cool...and HD video recording with stereo recording is good too...

Canon SX120IS was too big...cost was 12k

Nikon D5000 SLR with kit was 33k (just asked in case anybody wants)

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
@stuge - Nothing much to say stuge. I see nothing special here. Only the composition works for me.
composition -It has nothing .its just line and angle .Picture has no particular subject to say .I love random shots though :D not every picture can be special you see .

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Canon D5000 SLR with kit was 33k (just asked in case anybody wants)
there is no such model ::p it should be nikon D5000 :p

Stuge

Youngling
WOW ! What a view ..other monkey I wanna see too
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4681656681_fd6cdea1d5_b.jpg

@Nikon sucks with its comes to using other companies lenses like canon(though It doesn't need those :p:) ,but canon can easily accomodate Nikon lenses (using adapter [adapters are available for canon to nikon too ,but quality deteriorates because correction glass is required to be placed ) .I'm not sure about your 35-70mm.,but keep this in mind that metering won't work and nor will the auto focus .

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Stuge...I was just wondering if the old lense r useful anymore....BTW I can do with manual focus:smile:

Stuge

Youngling
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4685022632_0b929bc0ca.jpg
I really hate the flare caused by the light below :(

cooly will need to borrow slr from a friend to learn anything from this :D.its an excellent opportunity to hone ones skills :).though, I feel internet + DIY + books is more than enough to learn.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@rhitwick - Thanks for pointing it out but I already did a photography course in my short vacation. I now just want to get a DSLR & begin to practise.

rohanz

Journeyman
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=*i.imagehost.org/view/0386/S6302407%20target=_blank%3E[img]*i.imagehost.org/t/0386/S6302407.jpg*i.imagehost.org/t/0772/S6302518.jpg
*i.imagehost.org/t/0940/S6302544.jpg
*i.imagehost.org/t/0949/S6302777.jpg
*i.imagehost.org/t/0386/S6302407.jpg

Herez mine..

toofan

Technomancer
Hello friends.

I was in a sudden tour of Kedarnath Dhamm, Uttarakhand. Just reached and very very tired. My legs are not moving. I will post the pics as soon as I feel ok. Not much opportunity to shoot because of continuous rain.

There are some wonderful shots. Specially of Pudeen hara and water droplets.

De-saturation is not a photographers way to pop out the subject. It can be done by any one who has little skills in P.S. and to any image he wants.

Stuge: nice natural framing around the image.

Stuge

Youngling
Hello friends.

I was in a sudden tour of Kedarnath Dhamm, Uttarakhand. Just reached and very very tired. My legs are not moving. I will post the pics as soon as I feel ok. Not much opportunity to shoot because of continuous rain.
areeyaar you need "RAIN bag" for shooting in rain .yep ,but then again you will need to visit Delhi :(

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

@rohanz : are these shots taken with mobile .alteast quality suggests that .

well,this is not a critique thread nor you have asked for it .So, I won't say much ,but shooting directy into sun (without proper gear )is a bad idea .it will cause flaring .

try to shoot landscape without wires (or clone them out in editing{learn it if you don't know how to ..use google }).

lastly ,please rotate the pix. so that it can be viewed easily :D

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Hey guys!

I bought a new Nikon D5000 today in the evening. Still go through all it's features and menus. Took couple of shots. But still since am getting started with DSLRs and added to that it was dark and cloudy when I bought it, I couldn't do better.

But still, I sorted out best among my nooby shots. Here they are: *www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61672&id=1510008268

Price: 36.8k
Shop: G.K Vale in Malleshwaram, Bangalore

Just letting you guys know coz I took some suggestion.

Top Bottom