The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
A date with Stars :)
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4688843458_244f5de7b5_b.jpg
cooool ! congos :)

@santosh : I've send friend request to you on fb :)

toofan

Technomancer
cool: there is noise in this image. It seems you have cropped it heavily.

Giga: congrats for being the Nikonian.

Stuge: the lantern shot is really amazing. nice colors, nice dof and nice presentation.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@Gigacore....Congrats man...

where r the pics???

Thanks man. I have uploaded few pics in my facebook. Too lazy to upload on flickr coz still I haven't taken much pics. It's cloudy outside and there are just some boring buildings and trees. Waiting for a good sunny day so that I can take some macro of leaves, plants etc... If you are on facebook: *www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=61672&id=1510008268&l=bf71aa7205

Giga.. congratulations!! :)

Thank you.

Giga: congrats for being the Nikonian.

Thank you :))

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@sujoy - Thanks.

@rhitwick - Yes, its taken with my camera. I had too go very close & then focus manually. After which I cropped the original image.

@toofan - Yes, its cropped heavily & there is noise though I was on ISO 200. Tried to install wavelength denoise in GIMP but the plugin does not gets installed. You know any other way to remove the noise in GIMP(Linux)?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Today in an exhibition got some canon prices
1. 1000D - 24k
2. 500D - 40k
3. 550D - 49k

It seems Canons r costlier then Nikon:smile:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@sujayp, Thank you. Canon models are comparatively quite expensive than the Nikon models. There is a competition between each brand and so they have released models that compete too.

For instance, Nikon D3000 costs 24.5k and Canon 1000D costs 23.5k. Both these models are good for beginners (like me) but Canon's 1000D comes extra features like Live View and Movie mode which Nikon's D3000 lacks.

In the same way, Nikon D5000 and Canon 500D competes.. there are many differences. In few cases D5k tops 500D.. and in few other cases 500D tops D5k.. And the price difference between these two is just 3k

As CoolG5 said no one is forcing u to go for Canon or Nikon. It's up to you buddy.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for the advice friends....I am not getting an SLR soo soon ...maybe will get in december:)

Just bit curious that when D5000 and Canon 500D r direct competitors y the price difference is 7k here;-)

toofan

Technomancer
these are the mrp and these sell very low in grey.

Cool: hope you got the review. I had mailed it to you.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Some shots of Kedaar nath Yatra.

1# Kedarnaath temple
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/9580/dsc0109ot.jpg

2#
*img101.imageshack.us/img101/7202/dsc0182ef.jpg

3#
*img46.imageshack.us/img46/2298/dsc0110v.jpg

4# Samaadhi of Aadi Guru ShankraCharya.
*img529.imageshack.us/img529/6808/dsc0136tu.jpg

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Yes I got the review. I have even replied via PM. Thanks for it. Your pics are wonderful. I also saw them on J.J Mehta Forum. The mountainous range is awesomely captured especially the one which is shot from a low angle & one can see clouds above the mountain.

@giga - Nice pic but composition can be better. While nice macros on FB.

Had a TDF Mumbai meet today & I just returned back. Though didn't snapped much pics(wasn't photography meet) but will post the best pics of the day tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Top Bottom