The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: Yes an average from you but looking pleasing to eyes. And that Starry Sun.

Vamsi: I will say it a nice Image but there is cluttering in this Image. And too large to view at one go. Isolation of subject Might have had a strong Impact. As this image has dark areas, bright sunshines, light shadows. Interesting.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I shot it in Patriot mode. As the landscape mode is unable to cover the entire stack of coconuts from that range. Thanks for the suggestions and compliments. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well guys tried this...
tell me if I need to correct anything,
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S6o_zvM2UqI/AAAAAAAABBo/Ar36Ct5N5yo/s400/IMG_1753.JPG
(This is trial first pic, was very happy that it did brought wat I wanted to do)
ISO: 80
Exposure: 15.0 sec
Aperture: 8.0
Focal Length: 5mm
Flash Used: No

Next, quite good upto my level...
*lh4.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S6o_3h3faLI/AAAAAAAABBs/j3bLVCW5Fmk/s400/IMG_1754.JPG
Quite good na? setting are as same as previous...

Another one,
*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S6pABO7qbSI/AAAAAAAABB0/i6rZ3Kpdb4k/s400/IMG_1756.JPG
Trying a butterfly, inspired by Anorion's pic...
Now I also can do it... he he...

chitvan

Journeyman
My father works in dam construction so he has to go on a lot of tours. He has a kodak easyshare C913 but wants to buy a new camera under rs.20k (preferably around 15k). Photography is his hobby as he has to go to a lot of naturally scenic and beautiful places. Please suggest some good models.

buy Canon Powershot SX 210 IS....,
its feature rich compact with 14MP & 14 optical zoom...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Rhitwick: wanna meet up one of these evenings and do some more light-painting?
@vamsi_krishna: I liked the shot, and that's a great shirt that fellow is wearing.

toofan

Technomancer
eggman: that place must have looked much much beautiful then you took. That Image has so appeal to me.

ritwik: Wow. Nice work.
Try to do that at night time.
try to wear black cloths.
If there is some light in room then try to block that and cover the furniture etc with a black cloth.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@rhitwick - Nice try & good shots especially the second one. Try with different color laser lights. Maybe get your room partner into it :razz: to help you.

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAG-DeFXP8u0L3a90UdaHGT8DSmYgd-cxE6hhsMLvT0qkHQhx54pjdpPLd9DUKko4u4tPGPOTcY0_HKFZ5bVcwXYAm1T1UBBkJtsSFMjX8Sory4z8td-01ies.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Rhitwick: wanna meet up one of these evenings and do some more light-painting?

Yes sure...why not? I'm free this sat-sun...come here, only me and one of my room-mate would be here...

ritwik: Wow. Nice work.
Try to do that at night time.
try to wear black cloths.
If there is some light in room then try to block that and cover the furniture etc with a black cloth.

Thanx...
Abe tu bole to I'll paint the house with pitch ;-)

@rhitwick - Nice try & good shots especially the second one. Try with different color laser lights. Maybe get your room partner into it :razz: to help you.
Hey thanx...all learned and inspired by you guys...
The light source is my mobile cam flash. I kept it on and then did it...
Any other tips to improve this thing?

toofan

Technomancer
ritwik: try colored shiny polythene in front of flash light to get colored streaks.

Chitwan: Awesome. Super shot. How you make them yaar. Please post some information of gear used, setup, lightning. Did you do any cropping.

Vamsi: 1st one is beautiful. But the second one more near perfection. It is perfectly composed and a nice natural framing around. Nice colors and sharp image.

*img297.imageshack.us/img297/2305/bunty.jpg
My Friend.

I took this shot in low light with tripod.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Terrific Picture.PP is fooling me that the pic was from BC.

@toofan, Thanks. I will try to improve. :)

ok.. 2kms away from the hill...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4463668271_a021017ca9_b.jpg

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/4445383120_a3ec03e488copy.jpg

The original image can be seen in my Flickr photostream!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@bhushan - Awesome Pic.

@vamsi_krishna - Out of the two you posted before the 1st one is very good due to a good composition. The second one is cluttered & takes time to catch attention to the idol.

Try framing the above pic with a horizontal camera position & also include the road down. Do not include the side towers.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

@toofan - Nice portrait. I wonder what settings you used. Was the flash fired? A DSLR has helped you tremendously in getting such a good shot in low light.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
*lh6.ggpht.com/_hrgL1dQEEY4/S6TKsL1p3kI/AAAAAAAAACg/BFb26_OmZOQ/branchespp.jpg

PP'ed this one a bit- *lh5.ggpht.com/_hrgL1dQEEY4/S6ZXYX1loEI/AAAAAAAAAEc/RnLsssJD4zU/branchespp2.jpg

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Nice one.

@cool, Will go to the spot again tomorrow and will take some snaps keeping your suggestions in mind.

here is another one...
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4463668585_ef2e77434c.jpg

My neighborhood..
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/4464444456_de6760350e.jpg

Top Bottom