The Photography Thread

chitvan

Journeyman
@Chitvan: nice work on the drop... can you post the details of the shot and setup as well?

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="*www.youtube.com/v/VoQ0DQpwwHU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="*www.youtube.com/v/VoQ0DQpwwHU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Chitwan: Awesome. Super shot. How you make them yaar. Please post some information of gear used, setup, lightning. Did you do any cropping.

yup....i cropped upper part...background ruined the pic so...

original is here...
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAPwz1pxa5MaJOZ5sHA9t7oITv-DUUX2wKFnl4iX1BvjIXWf6AgChsduvQQYvIG8wo7u3RiDF0GCNSae8YuwzUIgAm1T1UBSmGJHqtxsaH2L0IbAGptMmyIK1.jpg

no any extra lighting used...just kept white background for reflection...
used same camera...
Canon Powershot A570 IS...

toofan

Technomancer
Vamsi: two kilometer away from Hill Image has nothing to watch in it. No subject.
Next two are good Images. But there is a strange tilt in first one. I can't figure it out.

Bhushan: good silhouette. But the subject is in dead center. It may be No problem for you and others as it is the personal taste but for me its disturbing. Hiding the beautiful background. some cropping from left would help.

Klaw: keep trying.

Joe: nice one.

Gaurav: that was not from my D90.
This one is from slr.
*img689.imageshack.us/img689/6583/ajayr.jpg

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Hill was my subject... but those two towers came in between. I will try to capture that correctly tomorrow.

About the tilted image.. I was walking when I shot that building.. So, i think image tilted a bit.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
*lh4.ggpht.com/_hrgL1dQEEY4/S6TKtMTLNmI/AAAAAAAAACs/HZPVvcl-I_k/s640/theskypp3_resized.jpg

There is a noticeable amount of noise, but then what can you expect from a low end P&S.

toofan

Technomancer
cOOL jOE: Image is nice and beautifully composed. But this noise is not due to camera, but due to over processing.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Is the background altered or you shoot against a white background?

@vamsi_krishna - Tilt is unattractive. Nothing special in the second one either.

@cool joe - Nice one except for the noise.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: back ground was a white door. And its changed a bit. I had cleared the rails from it. Rest as it is.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Bhushan: good silhouette. But the subject is in dead center. It may be No problem for you and others as it is the personal taste but for me its disturbing. Hiding the beautiful background. some cropping from left would help.

agreed...bt the situation like tht subject was already in dead scenario..jst edited somewht so tht it could make a bit impression...it was captured thru point n shoot camera n nt dslr...so had to give some effect...

chk out this...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4422066454_579687a469_b_d.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
Bhushan: Again Good shot and nice Post processing to give it the desired feel.

Cool: Thanks. I am waiting for something from you. Its quite long now. :)

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAFFgokOoTrx79Nx9uA8awoPjy0yQfHSbWgiBCGs-T6AmYk5LeqW2sMQTUT376zDQT0RVwMAdt9phw9z3e4tgaOYAm1T1UOb892CKaOMwWNxMjcSjDe6UGPXs.jpg

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAOHVji1jfE4yukLuhjv6rbCPyAnWjqqfCqa2zb63TKZ5QOyKFcOoPhnLz8iYA6NCh7f7SjeaMCRP2zduFh9WAqoAm1T1UGGwc2Nf-KXE0o_hthEAJdlptUf8.jpg

bhushan2k

@chitvan: awesome pic buddy....
@stuge: nice pic....which cam u using??

check out the complete anchor's snap....

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4422048284_1e5f300787_b_d.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
Happy Birthday Stuge.

*img189.imageshack.us/img189/7848/abhinavbirthday.jpg

Chitwan: Nice work.

Vamsi: Good image. Soon you will master the street Photography. You are improving.

Bhushan: This version is not that impressive.

bhushan2k

happy b'day stuge...keep doing gr8 work...

@toofan...gr8 work...n yeah...m newbie to photography...started to explore some creativity this year only...:)...hope will improve soon with all of your guidance...:)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4422063462_4e19db9fb3_b_d.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

blue city..jodhpur...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - Happy Birthday :)

@chitvan - I liked the first shot. its beautiful.

@toofan - I have hit a rough patch buddy. Haven't snapped anything these days as were exams were going on. Still I have one paper left. Hope I bounce back soon. Being living dead without Photography. :(

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
When Nature aids in Photography!

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4469668950_ac5aa715c5_o.jpg

@toofan & others - I was shooting a macro of the flower in our garden just when a breeze started to flow. The result was the smooth effect around the flower. I just liked the effect in this flower as I was shooting just for fun with no importance whatsoever for composition, technical settings etc. What do you think?

Top Bottom