The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Bhushan: nice image.
There is noise visible in image. Is that Intended or a result of over processing. It seems the image is taken at harsh sunlight.

Cool: Beautiful. And the breeze had done its work to good. That has made your image a unique one. And the blur is also looking very pleasing.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@cool, I have something similar in my back yard... the breeze effect is cool.

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4469116293_15754a80e7.jpg

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@Cool: beautiful snap...which cam u using....??

@toofan: yeah..it was taken in sunligh...jst wanted to concentrate on blue houses and to leave the other part as sepia while editing..bt i guess it was over processed....

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4421298425_2e67a20586_o_d.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

hiduja hospital....mum

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@bhushan - i use Canon Powershot SX100 IS.
BTW you stay near Hinduja?

Nice shot except the sun glare. Can it be toned down using PP? It would like nicer then.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
^^ no lol..i stay at kalyan..my frnd stays there near hinduja, asavari apartment..u might hv heard if u stay somewhere around there....so i often visit tht place...whr u stay..??

actually i wanted tht sun to b there..yeah it can b more impressive if d sun removed from there..m beginner in pp...can u gv some idea?

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^^ no lol..i stay at kalyan..my frnd stays there near hinduja, asavari apartment..u might hv heard if u stay somewhere around there....so i often visit tht place...whr u stay..??

actually i wanted tht sun to b there..yeah it can b more impressive if d sun removed from there..m beginner in pp...can u gv some idea?

I'm 20~25 mins away from Hinduja. Maybe meet you sometimes.
I too am noob in PP. Ask stuge or toofan, they will guide you correctly.

toofan

Technomancer
Bhushan: I had said that its everyone's taste. I like your Image. And the sun also. Its breaking the theme of the Image so adding attraction points to the Image.

For Improving the Image:
I think you should have chosen a higher f stop as the Image is sharper at center of frame but softens towards corners.

As far as editing. You could have removed the wires visible in the Image to give it a perfect look and a bit sharping.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Is this our pro photographer, Mr.Vimal?
Shot is good when considering technicalities but what about the "Smile"? It wouldn't hurt if you smile yaar. Audience darr jayegi ye shot dekh ke.. just kidding!

toofan

Technomancer
He He actually I was too busy with the setup and the 10 sec timer that by the time of shutter release I am loosing my smile and its looking fake.
I placed white papers in my right side to reflect the light. Opened the back window and left windows to get proper light. Many times with the breeze coming through windows is blowing the papers away. So it was quite messy.

Sometime I think of buying soft-boxes but then I realize that this is not my profession and I don't have my studio.

toofan

Technomancer
*img265.imageshack.us/img265/1079/butterfly2x.jpg

*img268.imageshack.us/img268/1861/butterflywhite.jpg

*img94.imageshack.us/img94/7011/butterfly4.jpg

*img706.imageshack.us/img706/237/butterfly3.jpg

Oh today they were eager to pose me but I din't had much time to shoot them. But Few I got and sharing with you. Please C & C welcome.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@toofam nice images of butterflies...but u know my butterflies are better than u. I'm the official butterfly expert of TDF :-D (Just joking)

Today and yesterday I took some shots while roaming in Mumbai...check and comment.

1>Mumbai City at night from Nariman Point
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y5JoA67lI/AAAAAAAABD0/MkiPbDo0HRw/s800/IMG_1769.JPG

2>Same shot in day from same point
*lh6.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y8daoWmnI/AAAAAAAABGc/Y_gdXaWh74A/s800/IMG_1847.JPG

3>The previous photo in B&W, comment which one is good...
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y8qwZtcRI/AAAAAAAABFk/xGwd7IlMkpw/s800/IMG_1847_BW.jpg

4>Reflections
*lh6.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y7cZvCJvI/AAAAAAAABFA/fPTiyfKmb6c/s800/IMG_1764_1.jpg

5>Car tail-light painting. was trying it but what came is headlights.... ;-)
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y5VhWOKmI/AAAAAAAABD8/bygqhFsPrYY/s400/IMG_1777.JPG

6>Court
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y5i-25mSI/AAAAAAAABEM/1iodwRLhXpU/s800/IMG_1799.JPG

7>Crab :-D
*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y58SXxJxI/AAAAAAAABEg/OBGJJdDbIA8/s400/IMG_1843.JPG

8>Here I come
*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y5w5n_I1I/AAAAAAAABEU/e31tvNiV21k/s400/IMG_1819.JPG

9>And me
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/S7Y5Y7yZAwI/AAAAAAAABEE/YI2n92aA0Js/s800/IMG_1788_1.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
@Ritwik:

1st: Super shot, Nicely taken. But a little tilt can can be corrected easily.
2nd: Again Excellent one. Cropping this from lower side will Improve it technically also as generally horizons, sea lines etc are taken at either lower third or upper third of frame.
3rd: b/w version is also looking good but require some punch. Try adding some tone or do something to differentiate in tones.
4th: Very good and like the mood created in this image. I can see some details in sky also.
One tip: try taking this shot much earlier then this. Where there are some colors left in sky after sunset or at the end of sunset. It will look very nice as there would be natural color in sky and lights in foreground

5th: you can improve by selecting a narrow aperture. Only suggestion but I haven't tried this thing yet.

6th: Super shot and super details. Here you are matching Stuge in taking building details. remove that wire and a true profession image is ready.

7: ordinary. go more close to it and use macro mode.

8:Nice vision but the application failed.

9:Awesome, Mind blowing, superb.Composition, lightning, posing everything is perfect. best of all for me (As i Love portrait photography Others might love the 6th one).
Have you taken it yourself? if yes then buy one Kit Kat and eat it. Its a prize to you from my side.

Can you post the exif data of 4th and last one. And also the story behind this shootout at Nariman Point.

Disclaimer: These are authors personal views. He may not succeed in taking such results himself. He was inspired by the critic vision hiding inside him.

Thanks for sharing.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Ritwik:

1st: Super shot, Nicely taken. But a little tilt can can be corrected easily.
Thanx for ur comments. U r always here for helping us n00bs improving skills. Thanx again.

Can't help it. Hadn't had a tripod with me (missing a tripod very much, will buy very soon) I had put the cam on lense cover and tilted it focus up to get it. Hence u can understand the reason for it.

4th: Very good and like the mood created in this image. I can see some details in sky also.
One tip: try taking this shot much earlier then this. Where there are some colors left in sky after sunset or at the end of sunset. It will look very nice as there would be natural color in sky and lights in foreground
U know the photo was taken at 8PM, total dark with only street lights and building lights. I had put a exposure of 15Sec. The exposure is the only reason I got a slight clear sky.

5th: you can improve by selecting a narrow aperture. Only suggestion but I haven't tried this thing yet.
Other thing I need is better place for this, an illuminated background is masking the main object.

7: ordinary. go more close to it and use macro mode.
Thanx, took in full zoom, as its on a rock in sea. Even digital zoom used.

8:Nice vision but the application failed.
Agreed...better luck next time

9:Awesome, Mind blowing, superb.Composition, lightning, posing everything is perfect. best of all for me (As i Love portrait photography Others might love the 6th one).
Have you taken it yourself? if yes then buy one Kit Kat and eat it. Its a prize to you from my side.
Thanx... I had not taken it myself. Made the settings and my friend helped me with my sitting position and pressed the button. I then cropped it a bit.

Can you post the exif data of 4th and last one.
Details of 9th image:-
ISO: 80
Exposure: 15.0 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 6mm
Flash Used: No

4th Image
ISO: 80
Exposure: 15.0 sec
Aperture: 3.5
Focal Length: 8.9mm
Flash Used: No

And also the story behind this shootout at Nariman Point.
My friend has come here from B'lore. I was roaming in Mumbai with him to show the city. And the building shot is taken by him. I forgot and posted it as thinking mine one. He deserves all praises. He takes good snaps but is not serious about photography.

and thanx again for all the comments....

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Nice images. I loved the details in the wings of the butterfly. The last one is the best according to me.

@rhitwick - So you went alone that day? The best one out of your set is the first one & the last.

8) I have seen a similar pic in TOI. Don't know if it inspired you. It was almost identical. Was published just when things came to normal after the 26/11 massacre.

Now wait for my pics as just today my exams ended & now I'm free to shoot. Got to purchase a battery set as I'm now without batteries for camera which was another reason for me not able to shoot.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@rhitwick - So you went alone that day? The best one out of your set is the first one & the last.
Are... no no, these are taken yesterday and the day previous.

8) I have seen a similar pic in TOI. Don't know if it inspired you. It was almost identical. Was published just when things came to normal after the 26/11 massacre.
Yes... :-D
Those action figures were still there, I thought why not?

Cool, I would buy one tripod when we meet next time. I need it very much.

toofan

Technomancer
*img519.imageshack.us/img519/7443/strangelook.jpg

*img683.imageshack.us/img683/4293/kinnalook.jpg

its not possible to make him pose.

toofan

Technomancer
The background in above images is distracting because this kid never stops always keeps running.
*img638.imageshack.us/img638/9143/kinnarunning.jpg

Top Bottom