The Photography Thread

Krow

Crowman
@Krow : the panorama looks stunning...well done..
Thanks a lot! :)
Excelently done and beautiful place to shoot. hope many more would be comming.

This image in not cropped properly. Some edges are seen in lower side of image.
Thanks for pointing out, rectified that, updating image now. :)
This is a more tight shot as Cool has suggested.
Good effort toofan. :)

@krow - Its a good shot. Waiting for more panoramas.
Thanks! I will engage in more of the same now.
nice pano krow :)
Thanks a lot Stuge. I liked your Panoramic shots a lot. Although there is a slight problem with the first one, all the people look a bit compressed from the top. But, then again, great effort from a mobile camera. Please tell us what processing methods you used.

Also, to all: I would like to know which Panorama Auto-stitching software you use. Please provide link if possible.
Stuge: Thanks for Sharing such a wonderful moments and events. Even taken with a mobile but a photographer remains what he is.

good to see the whole stadium in one go.

Greate shots and nicely processed.
Couldn't agree more to this! :doogone:

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

*img85.imageshack.us/img85/2043/pano2copy.jpg

Retouched the panorama a little more. Which one do you find better?

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - You have been blessed with photography skills or should I say inborn. You know everything. I am now tired of replying nice, awesome,great everytime. :)

toofan

Technomancer
*img695.imageshack.us/img695/1659/humming.jpg

Little bird I am trying to shoot from some days but not succeeding till now. When I will get a decent shot then I will tell you all. Every morning i am sitting behind a mango tree in my garden to shoot this bird but this keeps on jumping form one place to other.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - this is still a very good snap. A bit oversharp in my opinion.

@krow - The earlier panorama is better. the second one appears washed out.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool thats why I don't like this shot because in the grey background(or may be something else) the bird is looking like it has been cut from somewhere and placed there. And Sharpness may be. I will check that out.

Krow

Crowman
Here is to all those who lack confidence in their own photography skills:

*img97.imageshack.us/img97/2047/vamsirecyclebincopy2.jpg

I did some PP on Vamsi's old photograph, please tell me if you like the effect. I target this question to all, but Vamsi's own comments would be much appreciated. Please post the original here Vamsi, as I have very less time on my hands, sorry.

I felt that I took away some of the innocence of the flower, but maybe the background needed to be darkened. Comment please.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I liked it krow.
But maybe one needs such skill to make bland photos beautiful. Some(including me) don't possess these. :(

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge has mastered this skill of representation.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Stuge can you give me your mobile no. or your email address.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Can the regular contributers to this thread post links to their flickr streams / picasa albums / photoblogs... imma interesting in going through em.

toofan

Technomancer
*fotoflock.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=98609

Guys I am gonna buy a DSLR very soon. Any suggestions about the Model and accessories I should look.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^they are all great, but drops, cloud-ray, chakkar, naini-tal lake, catu and Ghughuta were amazing. Which Himalayan mountain is that?

Krow

Crowman
*img716.imageshack.us/img716/462/vamsirecyclebin4.jpg

Is this better? I did this in IrfanView (freeware).

@ G5, install IrfanView (can be done in Linux too through WINE). Press Shift+G and play with various settings there. R&D will take you a long way.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

@ Giga: Nice composition, but the sky at looks dirty at the top half. The bottom half is excellent.

Top Bottom