The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
@Anaroin: Thanks. I forget the name I will tell you very soon. Its taken from Village Garur 10 km away from Kausani.

Krow: this is better then the previous ones. Nicely balanced.

Giga: Beautiful take. Upper part is ok for me but if you like you can try cropping the image from top and left for a bit tight feel.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@gigacore - Nice shot but can be improved.

@krow - Will try, currently no time due to exams.

@anorion - Here is my link : *gauravlive.com/photo-portfolio/

I would like to see yours too.

@toofan - So slowly everybody is moving on to a DSLR. It all depends on your budget. For starters, Nikon D 3000 or canon 1000D is recommended.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1215316

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
took this one just now.. and PP'ed a bit.

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAADPFa88WvVSdW1jZ4lXfLiEKJbGLv8PIkdJadUtj5Tc7PIMfA9V64m4UGLLtmVzhK2_g1v40jjCuSEwQpiO9-y4Am1T1UAOOYlvuLx8h32aBasuVrXO54FTp.jpg

Krow

Crowman
For beginners, here is a good website. I recommend this for Vamsi.

*digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

toofan

Technomancer
*img412.imageshack.us/img412/1061/silhouteenainital.jpg

What could be the title of this image. Taken from Mavila compound Nainital. C & C welcome.

Vamsi: Your images looking washed out in term of details. Which camera you have.

See if in a closeup shot you don't find anything interesting then move a bit back and then compose the some more part of object, if still not then move further back.

Cool: i am thinking about D90.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - A D90 would definitely be much better :)
I think you're feeling the need of DSLR as you're dabbling into shoots.

Do note the kit lens will do no good. You will need to get various lens(es) if you want good results in various types of photography.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: yes you are right. But I am getting confused between two models. One from cannon 550D its available for Rs 51000.00 with 18-55mm IS lens with two year warranty and second Nikon d90 for Rs 50000.00 without Bill. with 18 to 105 mm VR lens. D90 is two year old camera and 550D is just released. very confusing. If you can ask someone or search in foums which one is better it will be helpful.

And where is stuge these days. And Pimpom he can also help.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Don't know about Canon 550D but I have read many good words about Canon 500D. Being a successor, the 550D got to be good.

PM stuge, he will be able to serve you better.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
*i41.tinypic.com/wwcc9t.jpg

*i40.tinypic.com/21lohv9.jpg

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAKMPjo-kC9lyhDv8abd44HL9fyuGjah6PrPM70cUwfEpM3d4GNlWZ4MyRYo0H3tHkEW6158ENuvehphICoJu9vsAm1T1UOhi6ib3EAH7EMh71G9qPzMDqNdm.jpg

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
*img291.imageshack.us/img291/1474/brickwall.jpg

My Garden Fence work is in progress these days.

Vamsi: This time I can't comment on your images because of uncalibrated monitor. But the third one looking very nice.

chitvan

Journeyman
Cool: yes you are right. But I am getting confused between two models. One from cannon 550D its available for Rs 51000.00 with 18-55mm IS lens with two year warranty and second Nikon d90 for Rs 50000.00 without Bill. with 18 to 105 mm VR lens. D90 is two year old camera and 550D is just released. very confusing. If you can ask someone or search in foums which one is better it will be helpful.

And where is stuge these days. And Pimpom he can also help.

if you need video & higher resolution in your camera then go for 550D...
otherwise go for EOS 50D...check its price in gray...
it has impressive Continuous Shooting Speed(6.3 shots/sec)....& other features..
OR wait for 60D to be released...

i prefer Canon...bcoz of variety of lenses & cost of lenses which will benefit you in future investment...

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

@vamsi_krishna:
just follow simple rules of composition...see the link i have posted..,

@Vimal:
very nice angle & editing...

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAJvbJx0vF0V2xoKBOqHIKn5-4E4K84tX6sVnQIaOt9wZcWmt2-ayCgh3E-loKNmPAN6M564W2FBB7hEFe8SSe58Am1T1UOzxYSm-nWmcgmXWBP8tJM_NfaRW.jpg
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAD0JjpOQsTSoXbFqhOnPhvfkAb0P4PDjwT397P1dI0r-aP8T-mKdjgRh16KwpL9u59E-UgRXHeeE3SQPCQO0odEAm1T1UMKIqeQuOPfiLmw9lqoSSj_isd8e.jpg
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAJctJ5V5rbmgzbf7B2_k9fTcZPLxskG0iDLV1vHzEHdDf4XOv0MMfW3v8l6zXDkKugeIHLy9Ed2EQH3qxT2hPzMAm1T1UINySl6i9c-ztcv7PJoRTMw9iIeH.jpg

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Chitvan! pp steps on the first and third, and original photos if your willing to share - these are brilliant!

chitvan

Journeyman
@Chitvan! pp steps on the first and third, and original photos if your willing to share - these are brilliant!

this one is original..
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OQAAAEDASAE6c3dfkXVSgSfbYxagoy3ufKLlDPztfkRnQtR7Jco_92PCA6p8raFokVvkcFJXtM4JlTPc5BZDb7R9W48Am1T1UKxSoBgJtLo54sDwV8LFupAmapOV.jpg

PP,
Used Photoscape(the software i mostly use for Editing),
-Cropped,
-Auto level,
-Change in Contrast,

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAHV0wtfZWGOO8_e6BFAL-4qTE09IV8ndE_wcyl5GMWxxloXFlLGmIFrtBkLuosIbvZqxm67i5ufsmknfUSrjSMIAm1T1UOezT8nopK204V43kq01yJLzHoeo.jpg

PP(Photoscpe)
-crop,
-auto level
-increase sharpness,
-lill darken image,

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
Delhi from above :D

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4438767849_11abe18b30.jpg

Took this picture at the time of landing(I know electronic items needs to be switched off :p) .It has hell amount of noise

@chitvan :awesome

@krow : nice ones :)

@toofan :if you do get canon ,then just stay way from kit lens i.e 18-55mm(most pathetic lens IMO) ,Nikon 18-55mm is much better ,but overall canon has better choice and neck to neck in comparision to nikon except for 18-55mm.

Top Bottom