The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Giga: Nice vision and nicely taken. And the thumbnail is looking sharp but the original image require some sharping.

chitvan

Journeyman
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAADoDBgrWLhDhpzuF235KQnHaLJJuBdNNG1zplSd-yMDFZjM2JIxyBovGczE0qItb5byE_H9U9oLsiQAQkJW0CmYAm1T1UMuU0JGXQjNCwXYPXlK2lAMoCLxo.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4399921830_7e0b4c8411_b.jpg
Filter :Cokin Tobbaco used

@chitvan :unfortunately .I didn't like the effect
@toofan :yes its uttranchal and what's up with far away pic ??did you use texture ??

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: beautiful looking. No I haven't used any texture. I am posting the original image.
it was mist all around the valley that time and sun was shining on the lake surface. Its just opposite of the hill from where I took that shot.

original.
*img535.imageshack.us/img535/8723/farawayoriginal.jpg

chitvan

Journeyman
@chitvan :unfortunately .I didn't like the effect
i didnt get you.....this shot is direct from camera...no any effect applied.....except framing & cropping....

OR
are you talking about the concept "high speed photography"...?

toofan

Technomancer
Chitwan: Excellent. How you took that shot. Some details please.

*img220.imageshack.us/img220/5730/lowermallroad.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
i didnt get you.....this shot is direct from camera...no any effect applied.....except framing & cropping....

OR
are you talking about the concept "high speed photography"...?

I know its directly from camera .I meant, I didn't like the picture that much .Are you using CHDK fimrware with A570 ??
it does well for fast shutter speed (+use of flash ) for high speed photography .I mean sure ,you know that already :)

.Try a similar shot with a egg or something similar :D

ice shot toofan .good compo

chitvan

Journeyman
I know its directly from camera .I meant, I didn't like the picture that much .Are you using CHDK fimrware with A570 ??
it does well for fast shutter speed (+use of flash ) for high speed photography .I mean sure ,you know that already :)

.Try a similar shot with a egg or something similar :D

i didnt use CHDK for this shot....
its a normal shot at 1/500 sec shutter speed....
even CHDK cant help here....as i can capture at 1/20000 sec with CHDK....
but the main thing is timing....you need to be very quick to press shutter at right time..as using CHDK camera dont click itself.....as motion detection script cant help here.....

@Vimal:
@Anorion:
setup is simple...as i hold camera in one hand & needle in other hand then tried some shots to get perfect...,
Shutter speed : 1/500 sec,
Aperture : F/8,
Flash:ON,
Mode : Manual with manual focus lock,

i have taken 15-16 shots to get perfect...as all those shots from closer distance so many times i was neared to damage camera..due to water......boring thing is only that u need to water filled balloon every time....

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

@chitvan: what setup did you use to trigger? also details on lighting if any.

no extra lighting....used only camera flash...
just click some shots to get perfect...
sometimes you may be late OR may be early to click...
like below shots....
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAB9CAPLsU7zhJrYf1bExBALIt_GYoGUFSh5RkF5repHD6vZOPlsKVIBUXDM6duri33bjvli4-3jTAGNSgTw__GsAm1T1UHUqn2Z_G_LgVxMIUnq-Z54X1oMH.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
this is why continuous mode comes handy (I know point and shoot is a bit slow with flash on ).Well ,shots like these can't be taken with one click .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Chitvan: so basically, you pointed the cam at a bursting balloon and got the pic? That's almost unbelievable... doing it solo as well... really awesome. Anything you read-up on the technique online use timing devices, as well as a sonic/visual/other trigger to shoot at the right time.

chitvan

Journeyman
this is why continuous mode comes handy (I know point and shoot is a bit slow with flash on ).Well ,shots like these can't be taken with one click .

ya burst mode can be very helpful for this situation....even in latest DLSRs it is 8 FPS...its very good rate for high speed photography....
my cam has 1 pic /1.5 sec.... :(

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

@Chitvan: so basically, you pointed the cam at a bursting balloon and got the pic? That's almost unbelievable... doing it solo as well... really awesome. Anything you read-up on the technique online use timing devices, as well as a sonic/visual/other trigger to shoot at the right time.

yup..i know about that circuits....
you can see one here....
*sites.google.com/site/shakirfm/highspeedphotography
but never tried....may be will try later....
you can get more idea about this high speed photography...here....
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="*www.youtube.com/v/X3SN5kp8z1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="*www.youtube.com/v/X3SN5kp8z1E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
&

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="*www.youtube.com/v/z6U_GFa76Ys&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="*www.youtube.com/v/z6U_GFa76Ys&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Cool yaar :)

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Bike

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4401814080_f233271b75_o.jpg

Comments & Critiques please.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: Superb Shot. Excellent composition. And the b/w conversion worked here extremely well here. If you would have removed the stone or hide that any way it would have been spot less.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The Camera which started it all!

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4402999571_1f0fcc32ef_o.jpg

This is the camera with which i began my photography voyage :)

@toofan - Yeah. While shooting I was so engrossed that I forgot about the stone. Actually the bike was not mine & so I was in a hurry to shoot before the owner comes & takes it away.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah, happens to me in such shots as well, the subject is aligned right, and so is the ground, but the skyline is slightly tilted when you view the photo out of the viewfinder.

Top Bottom