The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - I think a more closeup view would have a good effect. A WOW effect that is. Not that the shot is bad but I feel it should be cropped as the background is disturbing.

@rhitwick - Congrats. Take a snap of the magazine page & post it here. I want to see that. Shoot more & you will come in every issue of your office mag.

@klaw 24 - Nice pics. Offcourse there is room for improvement. Shoot & post here so we can critique on them to help you improve. Added you as a contact on Flickr. :)

Stuge

Youngling
Orion (The hunter )

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2733/4362313943_47ecf44f2c_b.jpg

Its a 183.2 Sec single shot taken using Barn Door tracker found in my house .

Well,It was damn hard to align towards north pole due to light pollution .So, rough alignment was done to test it .

Secondly ..don't ask me why orion is not in the centre of the picture :p

@Toofan :awesome shots of flowers :)

@G5:nice shot of sunset :) ..

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@toofan - I think a more closeup view would have a good effect. A WOW effect that is. Not that the shot is bad but I feel it should be cropped as the background is disturbing.

@rhitwick - Congrats. Take a snap of the magazine page & post it here. I want to see that. Shoot more & you will come in every issue of your office mag.

@klaw 24 - Nice pics. Offcourse there is room for improvement. Shoot & post here so we can critique on them to help you improve. Added you as a contact on Flickr. :)

Thanks! I shoot using my N79; the older pics are from my W700i. Folks at home got a digicam which I'll start using once I go back. :p

chitvan

Journeyman
@Stuge & @chirag - Nice.

Get into Sunset ;-)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4355797000_3900e0f4cd.jpg
nice click...& nice concept..
but sun looks lill bright..
dont you feel noise in bottom part?
i think more reflection in water could get better...

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

@pimpom - I too liked that ullu :D

@toofan -Thanks.

Here is an image which I took a couple of days ago when there was a power failure in our area. I had set the camera on timer & had to release the shutter myself as there was nobody for me to do it. While I was about to take, I got a call from my friend. ;)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4359952440_af190d2b1a_o.jpg

wow.....awesome concept....

Stuge

Youngling
Hi, nice to see that this thread is still going strong, although I don't have much time to come to the forum these days.

Here's a picture I took the night before last. Where I live, it's rare to get a chance to take photos like this. It's uncropped, straight out of the box except for a small adjustment of the brightness.

*img203.imageshack.us/img203/6022/owl13feb10.jpg

Unfortunately, I cut off a bit of the tail. It was almost pitch dark and hard to frame the shot even with the aid of a torchlight; I was standing on a steep slope in an awkward position. I didn't get a chance to take another shot because it flew off after the first.[/QUOTE]
[B][I]now thats what is known as real Red eye[/I][/B] :D

awesome shot .

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
now thats what is known as real Red eye :D
Ha! I didn't mention the red eye effect on purpose because I wanted to see if anyone noticed it, especially those who have not yet had a lot of experience in photography. For the same reason, I did not remove it with PP. Anyway, I think it's kind of nice this way.

awesome shot .
Thanks.

toofan

Technomancer
ritwik: thanks for comments and the name calendula. & Congrats.

cool: Thanks friend I had some more I will post soon. And I must say if you were not talking in mobile that time the shot would not have been such interesting.

Stuge: Orion is out of my knowledge bank.

Pimpom: I noticed that and once I was mentioning that but the red eye is the only catch point of that image except Owl itself. Shooting a Owl in itself is a great job.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

*img714.imageshack.us/img714/3849/globe.jpg

Hey here we are.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@chirag - I'll try to capture the shot once again. Let's see if I can get some reflections in the water.

@toofan - Please let me know how you did this. A particular section is coloured while the rest is monochrome. i wan't to learn this from a long time. Ahh & I love the shot. ;)

Stuge

Youngling
Stuge: Orion is out of my knowledge bank.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

orion is a constellation in sky that can be seen through out the world

see here ->
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(constellation)

anyway ,I was testing barn door tracker to track stars. Well, anything over 40 sec and star starts to move .So,for 1 min of more you need a tracker to combat the motion of the earth .If I'm successful in tracking well ,then I will take it with me to capture milky way in summer for 5 min or more more exposure .

What is barn door tracker??

see here ->

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_door_tracker

*www.af9y.com/barndoor.jpg

-------------------------------------------
nice picture of globe:)

@G5 :search for selective de-saturation in google

chitvan

Journeyman
@toofan:
nicely edited...
did you use selective colors....or what/
didnt you try vertical shot of same...?

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAPCTBQ7OtW3AOFZDGSt8foKVNXSBSCzhLB_9R1b9RR06TQ3IJMv2PkjkHwC48kNn9lLlp_D6h6YQ3DXxrTYLAxEAm1T1UF_QvOW0Cl8BrN1EVnOze9RKrsI5.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks chitwan. Lovely drops eveytime from you.
Nope no selective colors.

Cool:

1. Did regular adjustments like contrast brightness, noise removal.
2. Created a hue saturation layer from adjustment menu.
3. decreased the saturation to 0. and then masked the map of India by using brush tool.
4. used color balance layer for the toning and copied the mask from the lower one to the upper one by pressing Alt and dragging the mask to the upper layer.
5. made another hue saturation layer and copied the mask as per step 4 and inverted it by ctrl+ I and changed the color of India from yellow to saffron.
6. applied some sharpness from smart sharpen filter.

7. Re sized the Image.
8. Added border.
9. Saved the Image for web devices form the file menu. An important step to lower the size of Image. Use the quality from 45 to 60 %.

All steps are done in Photoshop CS4.

Stuge

Youngling
time to sleep

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4365999861_7b4c63d231_b.jpg

sorry for relefections and I hope it isn't too dark :)

@Anorion : nahin reee (nope ) .I got that thing 15 years back (at that time I had no idea what it was lo)l.Anyway You can easily make a barn door too ,if you have any left over ply left after wood work .I was thinking of making one for myself too ,but I guess it too much of a hassel.So ,I will play with the old one that I have :)

@toofan : though its a simple tool ,but can be very useful :)
I'm thinking of putting a motor + viewfinder + ballhead on the one I have :) .

@nice shot chitvan :D

D

Deleted member 26636

you guys should check this out- *www.photographymob.org/forums/

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I shot another one tonight, featuring the love of my life :D

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/20022010466.jpg

Top Bottom