The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup... But its amazing the type of lenses you can get if you have the proper adapters. Plus id shipping cost were not a problem most of them would be dirt cheap

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]: yeah but I've never heard of such an incident happened on sony mirrorless cams, if u get the right adapter then there won't be a problem.
Another funny fact is many old lenses are radioactive. :)

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: Thats true my friend. :)
Just another click of today. lens > Carl Zeiss Pancolar 50mm @f1.8

*farm1.staticflickr.com/648/23129147972_1a9094ba72_b.jpg

Last edited:

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: You can download 1920x1080 image from this flickr link.
*www.flickr.com/photos/65914935@N05/23129147972/
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]: haha i like bokeh lol, yea my small collection. :D

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
You also have a good eye for subjects and color. I have a minolta rokkor 50mm 1.8, one of the better prime lenses for the MD mount and can hardly come near your work in coolness

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Wallpaper material, right?

Raziel,
Bokehlicious work.
Are those your lens collection?
Yeah, but wanted to see the original resolution.

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: You can download 1920x1080 image from this flickr link.
*www.flickr.com/photos/65914935@N05/23129147972/
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]: haha i like bokeh lol, yea my small collection. :D

Thanks dude. What is the max resolution that you get ?

Any lenses for Nikon D7000 with similar artistry ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] its all about adapters ...u can use all those lens on D7000 too with proper adapters..some adapters may give u focus confirmation some maybe fully manual.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] its all about adapters ...u can use all those lens on D7000 too with proper adapters..some adapters may give u focus confirmation some maybe fully manual.

That looks promising. Do you intend to try one of those lenses ? I would follow the suit :D

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: Thnx man. I have the same Minolta MD Rokkor lens, haven't seen it in a while, need to find it; it was my first 50mm I bought. Rokkors are fantastic lenses works great on a fullframe body.
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: here's another pic ,you can download in full res from flickr.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5688/22610634625_cc96df8137_b.jpgTimekeeper by Raziel.The.Fallen, on Flickr

I use my old NEX-3N. The full resolution supported by the camera is 4912 x 3264 pixels, (16mp). I use it in 16:9 wide aspect ratio(14mp). So max resolution I get is 4912 x 2760.

Like sujoyp said, get the right adapter and you can adapt any lenses. There could be some limitations with some lenses in Nikon not achieving infinity focus due to the difference in flange focal distance, Canon works better than Nikon with legacy lenses. It's about getting the right adapter.

Any lenses for Nikon D7000 with similar artistry ?

Well..Helios is a nice Russian lens that gives a swirly effect. Google for more info. You can usually find one on ebay anytime.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
All right, can you post non cropped version so that I can see how the lens captures images ?

I will see if I can get Helios.

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: Here I uploaded a pic, straight from cam. I shoot in JPGs usually as RAW takes up a lot of space / time for conversion.
DSC01728.JPG :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.
Youre gonna be disappointed if youre in to counting pixels because..don't expect sharp high clarity shots from cheap vintage lenses. I crop these to small resolution to remove noise and get better sharpness.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: Here I uploaded a pic, straight from cam. I shoot in JPGs usually as RAW takes up a lot of space and time for conversion.
DSC01728.JPG :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.
Youre gonna be disappointed if youre in to counting pixels because don't expect sharp high clarity shots from cheap vintage lenses. I crop these to small resolution to remove noise and get better sharpness.

That looks good. How good is Helios lens compared to yours ? It going for some $59 odd bucks.
Helios 44-2 lens store | helios44-2.com

Thinking of ordering it as the cost is not that much. Otherwise I would have shelved my thoughts of purchasing it for the time being.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Helios is a legendary lens due to its swirly bokeh. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of full res images. There is a Kickstarter project to remake the lens for new cams.

Its worth a shot for the novelty factor as it will give very unique images

*encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvSRUaJMlHGPXdTCsliFFF0fJFclO_qNAl8d2Md1lxT6wXQFKJbJ9_GQYc

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]..thats not a bad idea..I can try..actually I buy by usability...these artistic lenses never came to my mind :)

Right now all my mind is targetting to upgrade my sigma 150-500...I need to do it soo badly this year..and I am soo impressed with nikon 200-500 f5.6 VR

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: Helios is legendary, perhaps the most popular vintage lens with beautiful bokeh and swirly background. You can see thousands of pics if you google. The previous flickr image 'Timekeeper' is shot with Helios.
44-2 version is popular as it's said to have the most swirly effect. But any Helios can do it in my opinion. MC is the multi coated version, means you get better contrast and flare control.
I have a Helios 44-2 58mm and a Helios 77M 50mm. The latter is a bit rare. My copies are good I guess.

These comes around in ebay.in all the time (if you're in India.) Usually priced like 2500 to 4000 Rs. These are in M42 screw mount so you'd need a M42 to Nikon adapter to use these.
Before buying always see the pics/description for any defects like fungus, scratches etc, even though they don't really affect the image quality.

Fun fact: The swirl effect is not an intented feature of the lens but a design flaw. Modern lenses are highly corrected so you don't get these. :)

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]..thats not a bad idea..I can try..actually I buy by usability...these artistic lenses never came to my mind :)

Right now all my mind is targetting to upgrade my sigma 150-500...I need to do it soo badly this year..and I am soo impressed with nikon 200-500 f5.6 VR
It doesn't hurt to spend 4k INR for this artistic indulgence :D

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: Helios is legendary, perhaps the most popular vintage lens with beautiful bokeh and swirly background. You can see thousands of pics if you google. The previous flickr image 'Timekeeper' is shot with Helios.
44-2 version is popular as it's said to have the most swirly effect. But any Helios can do it in my opinion. MC is the multi coated version, means you get better contrast and flare control.
I have a Helios 44-2 58mm and a Helios 77M 50mm. The latter is a bit rare. My copies are good I guess.

These comes around in ebay.in all the time (if you're in India.) Usually priced like 2500 to 4000 Rs. These are in M42 screw mount so you'd need a M42 to Nikon adapter to use these.
Before buying always see the pics/description for any defects like fungus, scratches etc, even though they don't really affect the image quality.

They are providing the adapter with it. And its a new lens. I will try it at my risk. around 4k INR. It's Helios 44-2 58mm.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I don't think this is very sharp. But the uniqueness is worth the money.
[MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION] what are the other things we need to know before buying this?

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: Well pretty much thats it. Check for dents in filter threads, if you plan to use filters. Minor scratches, loss of coating, tiny dust inside etc doesn't really affect the image.
For me sharpness, contrast etc is not a priority. As we know there's no brand new vintage lenses, most of these are decades old so you know the risks.

I have not used these on Canon-Nikon bodies so do your research how compatible these are on those bodies.

Top Bottom