The Photography Thread

Raziel

Journeyman
Nice shots guys, :D
Just posting something here..
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5792/23084895785_e9ff544d1f_b.jpgDiffracted web by Raziel.The.Fallen, on Flickr

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: lol :D thanx man. ,this one is with a special lens that i got yesterday. ;)
Just another random click of today.

*i.cubeupload.com/Cpkiwf.jpg

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: lol :D thanx man. ,this one is with a special lens that i got yesterday. ;)
Just another random click of today.

*i.cubeupload.com/Cpkiwf.jpg

Nice one [MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION], although I find "Diffracted Web" more, let's say it's really good.
After spending huge amount of money on laptop, I no longer have the liberty buy lenses or any other gear for my camera....

Raziel

Journeyman
Nice one [MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION], although I find "Diffracted Web" more, let's say it's really good.
After spending huge amount of money on laptop, I no longer have the liberty buy lenses or any other gear for my camera....
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]: thnx man, well these are not that great i know, just testing the lens n not much light.
What laptop you bought that you spent a huge amount on ? :D Well, that's why i go for old n used lenses :D

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: I usually buy from ebay or jjmehta forum.
This lens is called Meyer Trioplan 100mm f2.8, (just google)..It has an artistic painterly effect and a soap-bubble like bokeh. These suddenly got popular with the rise of mirrorless cams. Cost me 30K, (the most money I ever spent on a single lens. all my other lenses are super cheap.)

[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]: thnx man, well these are not that great i know, just testing the lens n not much light.
What laptop you bought that you spent a huge amount on ? :D Well, that's why i go for old n used lenses :D

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: I usually buy from ebay or jjmehta forum.
This lens is called Meyer Trioplan 100mm f2.8, (just google)..It has an artistic painterly effect and a soap-bubble like bokeh. These suddenly got popular with the rise of mirrorless cams. Cost me 30K, (the most money I ever spent on a single lens. all my other lenses are super cheap.)

I purchased a Latitude E7450 before, cancelled it and then purchased the beautiful Precision 5510.
I'm particularly wary of using any third party lens directly on camera, more so if they use radically different mount. For me, the usual combination of versatile zoom(16-50), standard prime(35/1.8) and portrait lens(50/1.8) just work fine. Although...I have never used the portrait lens for taking a portrait, that is.....just sad.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
30k is a lot of money. Post a pic of the lens, lets see what its like. You're right about the amazing bokeh though, the pics look gorgeous

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION]

I thought you photoshopped those effect. Post a pic of lens. I will buy later. Makes up for great pics though.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION]

I thought you photoshopped those effect. Post a pic of lens. I will buy later. Makes up for great pics though.

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]: cool man, congrats for the laptop. i understand your lens needs, that's what most people go for..my aim is purely artistic so going for old n cheap ones.

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: yes, but the current ebay prices go double n more, so i got for half the price ;)
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: pics here. *i.imgur.com/yr44F3B.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Blhp4eh.jpg

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]: yes, but it's not easy, It's not sharp, not contrasty, flares a lot etc, not for pixel peepers. It's kinda useless for most task.
.i read that a Kickstarter campaign is underway to resurrect this lens. :)

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]: cool..I've heard of that, gotta try someday.
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: it's all because of Sony, they don't make enough glasses for their cams, so had to look for other options..and now I'm on the vintage route lol but loving it.

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]: cool..I've heard of that, gotta try someday.
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: it's all because of Sony, they don't make enough glasses for their cams, so had to look for other options..and now I'm on the vintage route lol but loving it.

Guess we should thank Sony for popularizing mirrorless format. If I can remember correctly, rangefinder and other legacy lenses works best with mirrorless, due to lack of mirror between assembly, thus less distance between sensor and lens.

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: actually not that huge, most of them are 50mm primes. :)
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]: Yes you're right. Almost any lens can be used on the Sony mirrorless system. It was a resurrection for all those forgotten legacy lenses.
Before the NEX series I knew only about Canon-Nikon..now I'm discovering more and more lenses every day. Their history, design, build n all is fascinating. So yeah we should thank Sony for popularizing mirrorless. :D

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION]: actually not that huge, most of them are 50mm primes. :)
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION]: Yes you're right. Almost any lens can be used on the Sony mirrorless system. It was a resurrection for all those forgotten legacy lenses.
Before the NEX series I knew only about Canon-Nikon..now I'm discovering more and more lenses every day. Their history, design, build n all is fascinating. So yeah we should thank Sony for popularizing mirrorless. :D

A word of caution though, some older rangefinder lenses have a tendency to extend into the camera body (especially super wide lenses), and can easily damage the folter in front of sensor.

Top Bottom