The Photography Thread

Here is an HDR composition of my college. Suggest to view in higher brightness -

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7681/17347555502_db00b2f4cd_b.jpgCollege In HDR by harshilsharma63, on Flickr

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Im not sure if Im allowed to post this here:-
I wanted your opinions on Sandisk Ultra vs Strontium
Im able to get Sandisk Ultra 16gb Class 10 for 550 bucks whereas strontium has the same for 350 bucks and also has an OTG sd card reader with it
so was naturally wondering if I should go in for strontium
my concerns are if itll be of good quality etc
I need it for my vacations with my family next week and cant risk the photos during the trip
personal experiences are prefered
Im gonna buy two 16gb cards because I dont like to put all my eggs in one basket
so far ive had a good experience with sandisk but its too expensive

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Currently my preference would be Samsung evo 16gb class 10 microSD. It is about 470-500 on various sites. And is faster than sandisk

is it reliable?
how long has it lasted you?
I want something which is both fast and reliable
I dont care about warranty as long as its fast,reliable and my photos are safe
thanks for your previous reply :)

also I need to buy it within the next 2 days

sujoyp

Grand Master
@kkn go for sandisk ultra 16GB ...on my previous DSLR I took 25k pic on that :) and I am using Sandisk extreme 16 GB on D7000 for 10k pic now

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION] ...in that pic nothing in focus..

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Finally purchased the timelapse app for my camera. I mainly wanted it for the startrails but I guess i'll give timelapse a shot as well. The first one is what I shot from this app

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7711/17116900359_137d15eb9e_c.jpgChasing stars by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

This I just got a long exposure

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8729/17156623029_e6c9faae44_c.jpgBeaches and Shacks by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
what do you mean by timelapse picture?? isnt it same as long exposure..bulb mode ..or does it clicks pics after certain time?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
it clicks images at regular intervals and then I stacked those to get a star trail ... Did not use a single long exposure to get this shot

what do you mean by timelapse picture?? isnt it same as long exposure..bulb mode ..or does it clicks pics after certain time?

A long exposure picture is one taken by keeping the shutter open for the entire duration of the picture, say a minute or half hour. Time-lapse on the other hand opens the shutter periodically after regular intervals, say every 5 seconds for 2 hours.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
how are reversing rings? are they worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

also could someone recommend a good wired(or wireless?) remote release shutter for me
I have a 1200D,dunno if it supports wireless
thanks a dozen for your help so far guys :)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I m using Yongnuo rf 603 wireless trigger/shutter release. It is pretty good. Will work wirelessly with any camera that supports shutter release and standard hotshoe

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
What time of the day is it in the 2nd pic ?
Evening, the so called blue hour of the day after sunset

- - - Updated - - -

also could someone recommend a good wired(or wireless?) remote release shutter for me
Reversing rings are a great way to get macro shots using a normal lens. They mount the lens on the cam via the filter ring in the front of the lens. This allows you to take great close up shots

sujoyp

Grand Master

- - - Updated - - -

1. reversing rings - you can use any lens on reverse but you need aperture ring on the lens...there is no other way to change aperture in this case ...also use wider lens for reverse starting from 50mm and go till 24mm for most magnification. I have used it and its puts your lens to lot of risk like scratching back element of lens, damaging filter rings of the lens etc

2. wired or wireless remote - for wired go to ebay and search for it , there are many available for Rs.350 , see that it have shutter lock option
for wireless YN603 which prashant have is good. I have that for 2 years now, its reliable and easy to use.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
be very very careful, reverse ring can easily damage the lens. Delicate handling is necessary. Lenses were not designed to take weight on the front part.
IMO not worth it

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. reversing rings - you can use any lens on reverse but you need aperture ring on the lens...there is no other way to change aperture in this case ...also use wider lens for reverse starting from 50mm and go till 24mm for most magnification. I have used it and its puts your lens to lot of risk like scratching back element of lens, damaging filter rings of the lens etc

2. wired or wireless remote - for wired go to ebay and search for it , there are many available for Rs.350 , see that it have shutter lock option
for wireless YN603 which prashant have is good. I have that for 2 years now, its reliable and easy to use.

be very very careful, reverse ring can easily damage the lens. Delicate handling is necessary. Lenses were not designed to take weight on the front part.
IMO not worth it

Thanks so much once again for your help guys!! :)
really appreciate it

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8696/17427537721_141c2147f2.jpgDSC09481NZ by Xerien, on Flickr

Decided to use my cell for some clicks...I think Z1 compact does have excellent performance under low-light conditions. It's just the overzealous post processing.....

Top Bottom