The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=138735]HARSHIL[/MENTION] I am not a big fan of HDR soo rarely I like them :) maybe others can tell better ;)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Tried to get a timelapse yesterday. Short one but looks really cool

[youtube]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilj8PZXtL1A[/youtube]

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Seems that posting from a phone through tapatalk is not a good way to share media. Here's the video again

[youtube]Ilj8PZXtL1A[/youtube]

this is over about 30 min, taken with the Sony NEX6 with the timelapse app for interval shooting. You'll need to see it at 480p to actually see the image details and lightening

Seems that posting from a phone through tapatalk is not a good way to share media. Here's the video again

[youtube]Ilj8PZXtL1A[/youtube]

this is over about 30 min, taken with the Sony NEX6 with the timelapse app for interval shooting. You'll need to see it at 480p to actually see the image details and lightening

The darkness rises.....
Great one.

I wonder why Sony is bundling such "apps" with ILCs. This should be standard and if a new one comes, should be incorporated into firmware. (Honestly, I don't think they will earn much from a 100-500Rs app, and there is additional reputation cost of making a rather semi-enthusiast camera into a point and shoot from Japan....don't forget Casio xD). This is not a Galaxy camera or a lens style for that matter, and needs everything baked in.

(Oh, and I don't think they are updating NEX-6 anymore, or publishing new applications for it)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup even i think that the apps are not a great money earner for them. But if the Rs. 600 odd helps push developers make more apps then it's worth it.

The nex 6 is still getting new apps but its just that all the new ones being added are not compatible with it. Firmware updates have stopped completely

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
for a real photography enthusiast,the perfect phone would be a carl zeiss or pureview lumia
not as good as a dslr but the apps and camera quality etc is amazing
am not too thrilled with androids offerings in terms of camera quality and camera apps
only reason I use my nexus is because I need OTG badly for my dslr(once windows 10 mobile launches,thatll change)
my Nexus 5 focuses deadly slow and despite acceptable clarity ,its too slow
am very pleased with my 820's quality and my 720's low light performance even though its shutter is slightly slower at times

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think sony have put some good optics on there Z1,Z2,Z3...its quality is quit good

Nokia Lumia also have similar sized sensor .I am also waiting for WP10

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Focus on a fence or a wall with a texture. Half press the shutter button, let it focus, and see if the details are clear in the viewfinder/screen. If they are not then first check your auto focus modes.

I think sony have put some good optics on there Z1,Z2,Z3...its quality is quit good

Nokia Lumia also have similar sized sensor .I am also waiting for WP10

I don't know. Optics play one part, software another.

After taking nearly thousands of pictures from Z1 compact, I can safely say that it has excellent low light capabilities, but in normal light, it is just like any other average cell camera. Honestly, the post processing is terrible, there is no option for raw capture and manual mode is....well, I don't think ISO/Exposure/WB only options count as Manual.

Lumias are way ahead in imaging....from the core app to better post processing and raw capture. Honestly I would have bought Lumia 930 if it was released a little earlier.

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION] , the lack of updates is troubling. In truest sense, Sony is trying to position their ILCs as DSLR replacements. Now, even entry level DSLRs from Canon and Nikon get regular software updates, even after two to three years of release. This neglect of mid-entry level line can cost Sony a lot, given both Samsung and Olympus/Panasonic push updates more often.

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Finally used the magic view in the flickr camera roll ... awesome stuff
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION] : yup, sony is really good at starting new stuff but terrible at maintaining them. The wifi remote, apps, firmware updates and all were a great start. However they are now almost stopped while they focus on the new sensor stabilization. Maybe that will add in a huge number of users, but what about the people who already have a sony cam. How do you get them to reccommend the cam to others?

Finally used the magic view in the flickr camera roll ... awesome stuff
[MENTION=284377]Siddhartht[/MENTION] : yup, sony is really good at starting new stuff but terrible at maintaining them. The wifi remote, apps, firmware updates and all were a great start. However they are now almost stopped while they focus on the new sensor stabilization. Maybe that will add in a huge number of users, but what about the people who already have a sony cam. How do you get them to reccommend the cam to others?

True, personally, I was thinking about buying a A7-II, but seeing the sorry state of my NEX-6, I think I am better off with Olympus or Panasonic....(Fuji is toooo expensive xD)

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hey guys. I need some suggestions. With my cam, I am facing this issue wherein when clicking low light macro shots with flash on, the bottom part of the pictures end up being shadowed with what appears to be the lens barrel blocking the light from the built in popup flash. Does everyone using a popup flash face that problem? The pictures are being clicked with a Nikon D5200 with 18-55mm lens at the extreme end of that range, i.e. 55mm. I understand this can be overcome by using an external flash, or a fixed focus macro lens that won't block the light from the builtin flash, but, does this happen in most other cams? Nikons, Canons and others?

This is a sample shot.

*i.imgur.com/V569bOj.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Hey guys. I need some suggestions. With my cam, I am facing this issue wherein when clicking low light macro shots with flash on, the bottom part of the pictures end up being shadowed with what appears to be the lens barrel blocking the light from the built in popup flash. Does everyone using a popup flash face that problem? The pictures are being clicked with a Nikon D5200 with 18-55mm lens at the extreme end of that range, i.e. 55mm. I understand this can be overcome by using an external flash, or a fixed focus macro lens that won't block the light from the builtin flash, but, does this happen in most other cams? Nikons, Canons and others?
I believe it's common with almost every camera, including PnS. With D5200 you have plenty of pixels at your disposal, so keep the subject little farther where your lens don't block the flash light.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=96386]CyberKID[/MENTION] did you try removing lens hood...I see its most probably due to wrong fitting of lens hood or using third party lens hood

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION], [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION], Thanks for your response guys. Actually that pic is taken without the lens hood attached. Maybe, I need to keep that lens retracted while clicking closeups in the night.

Top Bottom