The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
OOOps How I missed that. Happy Belated Birthday Friend. May you become a successful person and a very good photographer.

I had stolen the three pieced from krows Pizza. thats why he was not able to focus on the left peace of Pizza in frustration. Krow you could have used the macro focus mode.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
^^ It's me who posted that shot of Pizza.. :| :p(Tu pagal ho gaya:D) And mere Nokia 5130 XpressMusic phone mein Macro Focus Mode nahi hai...:(

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: That Panorama was excellent.
Krazzzy: K for kawwa and k for krazzy same laga yaar isliye mistek ho gayi.
krow: nice images. You getting Maniac again about ur photography.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Here are the party images. Tweaked a bit under GIMP.

The Cake gifted by my Friends

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2748/4162916838_bf44ae4017.jpg

The Cake gifted by my Family

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2647/4162921538_348010fa6a.jpg

The Party Food

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/4162157629_08efc08564.jpg

Gang of Friends

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2644/4162158931_fa1d7beee9.jpg

My Friends munching on the Samosas

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/4162918336_a897682762.jpg

The Gifts I received

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2564/4162159455_4f514c51e0.jpg

Happy Me after the Party(Wearing Shirt gifted by my friend)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2585/4162160909_5da75cd3a4.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the virtual party :)

toofan

Technomancer
Delicious!.

I am jealous that you get "Better Photography". I too thinking of buying But not available in my city.

Can you post the review of this issue. Thanks.

These moments come very few and very early in life and should be enjoyed fully, after that the responsibilities overtakes you.---- Vimal aka toofan-----

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Toofan - Sure, I'll post the review. I haven't yet even opened the issue(strange but true). I agree on your last line too.

@krazzy_warrior - lol. :D

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
Here are the party images. Tweaked a bit under GIMP.

The Cake gifted by my Friends

The Cake gifted by my Family
The Party Food
Gang of Friends
My Friends munching on the Samosas
The Gifts I received
Happy Me after the Party(Wearing Shirt gifted by my friend)

Hope you enjoyed the virtual party :)

Ofcourse, Gaurav, I did enjoy your party....and pardon me, I was not the one who was able to wish you "Happy birthday" on time....please accept my belated wishes.

toofan

Technomancer
Both knew the art of presentation.
After watching your cake I went to market this noon and now I am eating Black Forest in lunch and posting this msg. And I looked for the Better photography but still not available. Review it soon and tell the month of this mag.

Krow

Crowman
Next Mumbai Meetup is G5's birthday treat I think. Anorion, rhitwick, are you ready? :))

*img269.imageshack.us/img269/9240/dsc05413l.jpg

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Thanks Anorion.
Toofan - So I flipped through the magazine & here is a short preview,
# Reviewed Canon 7D
# Discussing Home made Flash Diffusers
# Reviewed Sony TX1
# Discussion on Profile Photos
# Discussion on Portraits

This magazine is really good. I'm thinking of subscribing now.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Guys, help me in separating background from the image. I followed as per the guide here. It gave results but they were very rigid as to what I selected via the path tool. Toofan, I would like the results like the Baba Sehgal image of yours. How did you do that? Please tell.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: After creating the mask and changing the background the image would be looking like its pasted there or colored edges. So for this you have to refine/feather the edges. You can do this as follows:
1: for creating mask you can use a brush at 0 % hardness . So that the edges looks like blending with the background.
2. If you use quick selection tool then you can find the refine edge tab/settings and from there set the smoothness and feathering of edges.
3. You could blur the mask just a bit.

The key here lies on the perfection of mask.

In photoshop Path tool is used for creating paths and then you can use other tool over it.
So its better to use other tools. Pro use Pen tool for there selection but its very hard to use for me so I use quick selection tool and then modify the mask edges with brush tool.

Selection and retouching is done by mixing several techniques as per situation.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Krow: nice try. Effect is looking good but the overall Image is not creating the effect you would have experienced at the time of shot.

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Cool: Here for creating mask I selected background. I first used the quick selection tool and then refined the edges with brush tool painting white and black.(White reveals, black hides in mask). And below this layer placed another layer filled with the choosed color and effect.

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/2290/singlehajiri1600x1200.jpg

Hajiri: ( I am using this as background in a webpage).

Here I used another technique by making selection with "color range". Color range helps you to select particular colors. And then used the brush tool but this time not on edges but over the selection to get the non selected colors . And then pasted the selection over a new layer.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: I bought the Better Photography of this month. I decided to not to go for digit as it has nothing new this month. And It costs me 100.00 which is just half of digit.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Toofan, Thanks for the explanation but can you tell me how do you draw the path so effectively around the subject's hair. In the image of your mother, there are a few strands on her head. So how did you do that?

Enjoy Better Photography. IMO its way better than Digit atleast for photo-addicts like us. BTW did you notice the cover image of Amrita Rao? I loved that image. How well is that image shot. I'm going crazy over the other stuff in the magazine. So eventually where & how you got the mag?

Top Bottom