The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Ritwik: Nice shots.Cricket shot, Zhinga Machli, Fire shot and all the butterfiles come excellent. For Fire shot: I think may be low shutter speed is the culprit or fire tends to have flares in patches of very few seconds and the the shutter lag might have result in that shot. Only IMO.

Cool: There would be some selection toos like lasso, quick selection or pen tool. Name may be different but I think these will work. Or you can google the selection tools for Gimp app.
1. Use any selection tool you find easy. My favorite is quick selection tool.
2. Select the object.
3. If Gimp allows a Masking then create a mask layer or you can cutt the selection and paste it on next layer. In P.S creating a adjustment layer does all for you.
4. now place a new background below the cut portion.

I don't use Gimp but Most softs try to follow the standard format set by an Oldie.

Krow

Crowman
rhitwick excellent work. You have improved by leaps and bounds. As I told you, you improve more and more as you shoot more in Manual Mode. :)

*img402.imageshack.us/img402/1603/dsc05386af.jpg
"I am an island"

toofan

Technomancer
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/5995/mosquito.jpg

He can;t even let him live peacefully!

Krow: beautiful image. But you can crop some surrounding to go close to the crab. Can you crop the image and then sharpen and then post again. I would like to see the crab more closely.

Krow

Crowman
toofan Please provide all details about your image. Where, when, what, why, etc. Its a cool picture of a mosquito. I say cool because mosquitoes and green usually are not seen together. That must be a male mosquito as the females suck on our blood (as in you humans and not us Krows :p ).

I'll do what I can about the crab.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
*img7.imageshack.us/img7/8898/dsc05406k.jpg
Believe it or not, the green thing is water covered in algae.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/2280/eagleoriginal.jpg
*img249.imageshack.us/img249/2995/eagle.jpg

Eagle!

First one is the original Shot came from camera(cropped) and on second one PP is done to get back some hidden details and tried to decrease the fringing but did not succeeded in that.

Krow: taken in macro mode in my garden at morning time. I had another photo of mosquito I will post that soon.
Posted again:
Cool: Ant ????

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Lol @ Cool. Its a mosquito. Your exams are over right Cool?

*img266.imageshack.us/img266/7763/dsc05635k.jpg

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/9027/dsc05633.jpg

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/5066/dsc05628.jpg

Please let me know which one (if any) you guys like. :)
Posted again:
@toofan, you PP very well. It is done just right, not more, not less. :)

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ohh yeah its a mosquito.
And yes my exams are over but not getting time to engage in photography due to other activities.

toofan

Technomancer
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/7041/mosquitoflower.jpg

He can't even let him live peacefully-2!

This shot is taken some days back by me. Just loved the color produced by camera.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
@toofan
Excellent :goodjob: You can't even live without Photography..Nice work..
@Krow
Well, asking my personal opinion then the 3rd image of the moon looks better then the first two..

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/5355/puppyf.jpg
Krishna's Best Friend-IInd No.

*img692.imageshack.us/img692/3379/jokerna.jpg
Krishna's Best Friend-No 1.

This shot I took in the morning when the first ray of sun peeps through my Meshed Door. Taken in Vivid Mode.

These are Krishna's Best Friends.

At that time the colors were in there extreme. And slowly fades away. I took the Krishna's Best Friend-No 1 first and the second shot was taken after 15 to 30 min later.
Loves the Krishna's Best Friend-No 1 Most because of its Extreme colors.​

Krow

Crowman
Thanks for comments all. Nice work toofan. Pic 1 is awesome. :)

*img187.imageshack.us/img187/1333/dsc05414.jpg

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
My turnnnnnnnnnnnn!

College has this 10 days photography workshop and that made me pick up my camera and go around clicking random pictures. Give comments and improve me. :D

*i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/animator21/DSC02027-Copy-1.jpg

*i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/animator21/DSC02048-Copy-1.jpg

*i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/animator21/DSC02063-Copy-1.jpg

*i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/animator21/DSC02277-Copy-1.jpg

Trying macro. Panning isn't coming out properly only. I have Sony Cybershot DSC W-200. How do I do bokeh technique? Any more techniques?

Last edited:
Top Bottom