The Photography Thread

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
My view-finder looks kinda smudgy and there are some tiny dust specks, that are quite distracting during shoot. I tried cleaning the front and back part of the viewfinder prism, and mirror using an ear-bud and a lens pen. That didn't work but made it worse :( .
I sent it for Nikon-servicing from a dealer in my place, clearly explaining what to do, but returned in the same condition.
What to do nw? Should I go to Chennai and give them by hand?

kaz

right here
My view-finder looks kinda smudgy and there are some tiny dust specks, that are quite distracting during shoot. I tried cleaning the front and back part of the viewfinder prism, and mirror using an ear-bud and a lens pen. That didn't work but made it worse :( .
I sent it for Nikon-servicing from a dealer in my place, clearly explaining what to do, but returned in the same condition.
What to do nw? Should I go to Chennai and give them by hand?

Get it cleaned at a place where the service center guys often handle DSLRs

sujoyp

Grand Master
you did a basic mistake....you should have read online how to remove dust from mirror and viewfinder ....dust from mirror can be removed by blower only...you should not touch it ....
now just give it to proper service center...or look in you tube.

Hrishi

Mine is within warranty and the Translucent Mirror has lots of dust over it.
I thought to clean it up however , the a single permanent scratch on the mirror will ruin the picture forever as its a non movable mirror.
On top of it ...the mirror is damn weak. Its more or less like a plastic film.

I was wondering what to do.....
Will the Sony SC charge me for getting it cleaned up. ?
I could have cleaned it as per online instruction but this is not an average DSLR mirror. This one is very weak.

sujoyp

Grand Master
congrats inci...lot of shopping...are u on any foreign IT project by any chance ;)
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] ....you better clean from sony service center...its not taking risk ....its under warrenty ....it wont charge

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thanks NAC and Sujoy. Yes NAC the 7D is some months old now. The Tammy is sharp I'll post snaps but the Tokina though sharp but am iffy,I'll take some shots today and post for you and NAC and others to comment.
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] no bro I'm in to business , rajmistri and etc etc ha ha ha

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hrishi: get it cleaned, it will make a huge difference in your images, specially if you have smudges on your mirror from failed cleaning efforts.

Inci: that's awesome, waiting from some clicks

Sujoy: what happened to your wedding shoot? waiting for some cool pre weddings pics and all

Top Bottom