The Photography Thread

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
yes its called minimum focus distance...your cam can focus from a minimum distance...if you go closer it will not focus, no matter how hard you try

yes light means light ...but its fine...I use flash light...it improves the quality ...but you need diffused light and not plain flash

any good idea for diffused light ?
will Diffused LEDs work ?
i can make a LED lamp. it would be pretty cheap for a DIY .

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
macro pros usually use a ring flash and off camera flashes to get good lighting. For us poor souls however the best option is to shoot near a window when the sun is brightest. Or as you said use a lamp that lights the object from the side perhaps with some butter/tracing paper covering it to give some diffused light.

BTW Happy B"day [MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan for cheap diffusion butter paper or some plastic cap on flash will be best

thanks for the wish @amlan

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
or you can use a make-shift softbox out of white sheets and illuminate with light from the outside..
google for DIY.

the results will blow your mind. ;)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Flower:

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/CRW_4119_zpseaf1fc7d.jpg

Due to some problem with my computer, I couldn't do my usual PP.

Personally, I liked this picture. Most of the time, I do landscapes. Very very few are flower shots. Among them, this should be one of the good one. :)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
or you can use a make-shift softbox out of white sheets and illuminate with light from the outside..
google for DIY.

the results will blow your mind. ;)

saw a similar tutorial but no boxes and external lighting. sheets of paper for the background of macros . works awesome.
myself did photograph a tiny teddybear but my sis formatted the card before i could copy the pics. and took lots of pics then, so no sign of recovery too. but thats very easy, just good quality paper and diffused light, and absolutely similar pics like the pics given in product pages and all.

sujoyp

Grand Master
very nice picture [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] ...even though flower is white but it retains a lot of details

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you guys... I still remember the comment. While flower is a challenging one to take photograph.

Prashant, Even url is changed. I guess they are upgrading/migrating to a new one...
Sure, I will share the original.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Flower:

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/CRW_4119_zpseaf1fc7d.jpg

Due to some problem with my computer, I couldn't do my usual PP.

Personally, I liked this picture. Most of the time, I do landscapes. Very very few are flower shots. Among them, this should be one of the good one. :)

why dont you fill the frame with it?? it'll look good. and more details will be visible.

crop it.

- - - Updated - - -

saw a similar tutorial but no boxes and external lighting. sheets of paper for the background of macros . works awesome.
myself did photograph a tiny teddybear but my sis formatted the card before i could copy the pics. and took lots of pics then, so no sign of recovery too. but thats very easy, just good quality paper and diffused light, and absolutely similar pics like the pics given in product pages and all.

go jugaad!! :D

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
why dont you fill the frame with it?? it'll look good. and more details will be visible.

crop it.

- - - Updated - - -

go jugaad!! :D

i'll take that as a compliment cum encouragement. .
It was meant to be taken like that right.
just lettme get a new soldering iron, i left my old one in my hostel in hurry.

Hrishi

Humayun's Tomb , The Symmetrical Beauty.
C&C please.

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2913/14323474235_f508ae0400_c.jpgHumayun's Tomb , Delhi . by sharma.hrishikesh, on Flickr

kaz

right here
nice one [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION]
Have you stitched multiple images or its just a single shot?

Top Bottom