The Photography Thread

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Been a little busy, so I have some catching up to do.

@CoolG5: The panning shot with the moving bike has come out really well. Usually the front or the back of the object is not in focus, which has not happened here. And great Worli sea face capture! How did you lean so far out? :preplexed: Are you like ridiculously tall or something?

@rhitwick: Great moth capture, and I think we all should include the settings info next to our shots, many images dont preserve the EXIF data after pp.

@Toofan: I really liked the film frame on the doggy image... did you use a specialized framing software, or made it yourself in Photoshop? and great portrait of the kid too. You are really good at portraits I think. You capture great expressions.

@Stuge: Great Monkey man picture... really amazing.

@vamsi_krishna: Where is the whipping photo taken? Looks a lot like Panchavati, Nashik. That place is a heaven for photography btw, think ThinkDigit should have a photography meet there some time.

@Krow: That's a tiny plant to take a macro of... you managed it very well. I couldn't shoot the same plant on my dSLR. Shots like this make me seriously think about how much better than a P&S dSLRs are.

Generally, when shooting plants, do you guys adjust the plants to get a better shot? Do you cut off parts of it, or hold it still so that the wind does not shake it and suchlike? I totally do, but some people think it is unethical - say to prune leaves that are coming in the way of your shot of a wildflower.

Krow

Crowman
Been a little busy, so I have some catching up to do.

@CoolG5: The panning shot with the moving bike has come out really well. Usually the front or the back of the object is not in focus, which has not happened here. And great Worli sea face capture! How did you lean so far out? :preplexed: Are you like ridiculously tall or something?
:lol:
@rhitwick: Great moth capture, and I think we all should include the settings info next to our shots, many images dont preserve the EXIF data after pp.
I'm feeling lazy to do it. Anyway, I don't PP my images.
@Toofan: I really liked the film frame on the doggy image... did you use a specialized framing software, or made it yourself in Photoshop? and great portrait of the kid too. You are really good at portraits I think. You capture great expressions.
+1
@Stuge: Great Monkey man picture... really amazing.
+1
@vamsi_krishna: Where is the whipping photo taken? Looks a lot like Panchavati, Nashik. That place is a heaven for photography btw, think ThinkDigit should have a photography meet there some time.
Exactly what I was gonna tell you guys this Sunday! You read my mind! A TDF Picnic. Like a Saturday we set out and return on Sunday evening, back with a treasure trove of pictures. We can do this sometime really.
@Krow: That's a tiny plant to take a macro of... you managed it very well. I couldn't shoot the same plant on my dSLR. Shots like this make me seriously think about how much better than a P&S dSLRs are.
All I did was, zoom in 15x, my settings were spot on in Manual mode (luck mostly) and due to noon time bright light, handshake was negated. Just took the snap on an instinct and wow! Even I was surprised at the P&S. We may safely say that the camera took the shot and not I. If you want some more detail, then the wind was furious and the plant was moving a lot and I was about 2 metres away from the plant.
Generally, when shooting plants, do you guys adjust the plants to get a better shot? Do you cut off parts of it, or hold it still so that the wind does not shake it and suchlike? I totally do, but some people think it is unethical - say to prune leaves that are coming in the way of your shot of a wildflower.
I think I just answered this above. :)

toofan

Technomancer
Anorion: I was trying a demo version of a software which I don't like much.
Moving the subject on macro photography is not possible most of the time if we are shooting wildlife of nature. In evening time its hard to take macros of plants if a little wind is there. And IMO there is nothing wrong in adjusting your subject.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Anorion - Panning requires a bit of luck & I did got shots where some part of the subject was blurred. Read the post on my site where I have panned a bowler whose arms have come out hazy.

The Worli Seaface shot was taken from a platform which goes down to the coast. Its forward than the katta where people are sitting. So I got an excellent angle to compose the image.

@all,

Here is the color shot of the earlier Worli Seaface image.

*img20.imageshack.us/img20/1382/worliseafacecolor.jpg

The sun was very strong that day & hence the harsh shadows.

toofan

Technomancer
You did the wise decision to convert that to b/w because it just amplified the effect this image is creating.

toofan

Technomancer
*img269.imageshack.us/img269/388/bridgeum.jpg

Bridge the Gap!

With This Image I wrap my tour of Village - Bajyula. This shot is the most pleasing for me. Sometime you start loving some of your Images and that is the case with this image to me. I don't know why but I love this shot the most from that tour.

Taken around 7.15am in the morning when I was returning back to Kathgodam(Nainital).

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@toofan, this is just awesome!!!
Seriously, it seems like a drawing not a photo, everything is so perfect.
Kudos!!!

I want that photo in full resolution.
Can u give me?

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Great toofan. I loved the small bridge & as rhitwick said already it depicts a poster. If you have liked it then I suggest you get a enlarged copy & frame it :)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Rusty Valve

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2630/4105755585_a630004f69_o.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

@toofan: congrats on an awesome pic...did you do any PP?..please PM me a high resolution if you don't mind..

Stuge

Youngling
Title :String of Bell's

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4114419102_7a33f24d71_b.jpg

I'm trying my best to get over the loss of my cute pigeon.So ,I will try my best to post pictures here ,and on flickr .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@toofan : very nice sunset picture :)awesome colours :)
@Krow : Nice lake pic from the top
@g5 : Keep going man :)

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Its good but resize image to 640*480 or give us the forum link from image hosting site.
Posted again:
@stuge - The focus is spot on but still the background is distracting especially on the right side of the image.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ G5 Nice macro of the rusted tap.
@ Aspire Resize that picture to 640x480 and repost. I'm gonna report your post the next time you needlessly post a HUGE pic. Unlike you, not all of us have unlimited braodband connection.
@ Stuge Hope you cope well with the loss. Our condolences to you. Your picture is amazing as usual. Out of the very ordinary, you bring out the extraordinary. :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Click click:

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2589/4113741187_cff4d70a98.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2800/4114512132_8b5c023ca3.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
@stuge - The focus is spot on but still the background is distracting especially on the right side of the image.
now its the cropped one :)

thanks again .

@Krow :--> yeah ,I hope he gets a good new life :

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
A few From me
Guys as u see my Avatar is getting old so thinking of replacing it with new one
so, here they are three of them plz tell which one u like.
These are all Unedited Just Optimized
*img690.imageshack.us/img690/5869/40656503.th.jpg
2.i like this one
*img410.imageshack.us/img410/3205/39734945.th.jpg
*img410.imageshack.us/img410/2194/89445164.th.jpg

Guys plz comment
some of my other snaps

Took this from a running Car (70kmph)
*img134.imageshack.us/img134/3995/61026854.th.jpg

A busy potter ,
*img692.imageshack.us/img692/816/a35y.th.jpg

All snaps taken are With SE W595 Mobile(no AF , 3.2 MP)
unedited and Optimized
more snaps will be coming soon

Top Bottom