The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
on day time when we use flash its called fill flash and it really helps remove shadow when directly under sun ..

@ Zangetsu...you can make a handmade pop-up flash diffuser at home...or get a external flash and get diffuser for it...a external flash can bounce light from walls and thats a bigger solution ...

toofan

Technomancer
Few Landscapes. C&C Welcome. thanks
D90+50mm 1.8.
Early morning during Sunrise. View of Himalayas from Almora, Uttarakhand.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8411/10171844563_fbee38b41f_o.jpg
_DSC9432 by toofan.v, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2883/10062125805_049da51bc7_o.jpg
_DSC9451 by toofan.v, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
those are some nice shots toofan, and just love the way you give the image a 3d treatment and add a drop shadow and all before posting :)

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8544/10172156133_28dfff16c9_c.jpg
Do we really need to look hard for happiness? by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Vimal, Nice work :thumbs: This is the genre we get to see less often from you.

Amlan, Good one...

toofan

Technomancer
Izziko: Thanks. Very good shot. the smiley type of look is making it unique.
thanks Incinerator and Sujoy.
nac: Thanks friend. yes Didn't get time for landscapes and its very tough genre.
GenLibeb: Thanks. Just my hobby like others.

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys I want a help in photoshop...I have one pic and there is a white spot in the pic right on the face...seems to be due to water drop..its taken long back using a Point and shoot ...can anyone try to remove it .. sorry I can not share here the actual picture directly (Its of my ex-girlfriend) anyone want to try I will PM the picture link

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
That's sensor dust i guess. It's really hard to remove spots from faces. Tried that for a few pics and it usually turns the faces into horror movie type stuff.

People who do this, please walk us through how you do it. Preferably on a less sensitive image :p

anmolksharma

Broken In
God opens millions of flowers, without forcing the buds. It reminds us not to force anything, for things happen in the right time.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5546/10229945423_d5d722fda3_z.jpg
DSC_6854 - Copy - Copy (2) by anmolksharma, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan I tried many times and was not able to do the PP ...pic is not that sensitive :D ...its not sensor dust..its water drop on lens.. i just removed the pic from my photoshoot photostream I made in flicker ... I made it to see if I really shoot people or not :D

just sharing with you guys -> Flickr: sujoypp's Photostream

max pics of old friend was shot with Sony P&S 4 years back ...before i got my DSLR ...next time when I will shoot a photoshoot I will definitely will be more creative...the last photoshoot I did was 1.5 years back...but now going back to my home city and will search for a bakri again for photoshoot :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
today was awesome day...got a deal with a person from banglore and bought his Sigma 150-500 APO OS DG HSM ...but I will get hold of it only on 1st or 2nd when I come back home :cloud9::hyper:

Also ordered an umbrella+holder+light stand for Rs.1300 from ebay.in ...nice deal .....will do some portrait photoshoots soon

Now my small studio setup is complete with Flash, trigger, umbrella, light stand, and Tamron 17-50 2.8 + nikon 50mm :twisted:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Congratulations, so now we get to see even more awesome bird pics and portraits.

What did the sigma cost you? At 500mm its a monster sized lens. Also are you using adapters to fit these or are they all canon lenses only. Are you using a tele convertor too?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks ...Sigma cost me 35k (+1-2k for treat to the friend ) adapters??? sigma makes them for sony, nikon, canon, all mounts...no it wont take TC

it was tough to select coz there are lot of sample variation...some sigma 150-500 are soft some are sharp, some have backfous problem...we had to check the owners flickr to decide if the lens is good or not....this guy have awesome shots with this lens
Flickr Search: 150-500mm

didnot take me 10 mins to decide :D

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
My First Snaps with EOS600D with the 55-250 MM IS Lens

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/xw8y.jpg/][IMG]*img708.imageshack.us/img708/1220/xw8y.jpg[/URL]

*img33.imageshack.us/img33/7848/d4bc.jpg

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/eh64.jpg/][IMG]*img545.imageshack.us/img545/7657/eh64.jpg
[/URL]

*img811.imageshack.us/img811/2400/bx55.jpg

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/7mfk.jpg/][IMG]*img36.imageshack.us/img36/5049/7mfk.jpg
[/URL]

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/n94v.jpg/][IMG]*img401.imageshack.us/img401/5028/n94v.jpg[/URL]

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/2lok.jpg/][IMG]*img842.imageshack.us/img842/69/2lok.jpg[/URL]

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/bkyu.jpg/][IMG]*img89.imageshack.us/img89/8561/bkyu.jpg[/URL]

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/qaq9.jpg/][IMG]*img198.imageshack.us/img198/1464/qaq9.jpg[/URL]

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/0k8f.jpg/][IMG]*img15.imageshack.us/img15/2402/0k8f.jpg[/URL]

Excep the last photo of my cousin in Monochrome and the dog which are at 55mm and 109mm all are at extreme end of the focal length and no PP done on any snap and shot on a cloudy day......

The pics are looking less sharp and less dramatic than straight out of the Camera, thanks to the Re-sizing!:evil:

@ Sujoy....congrats on that awesome new purchase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom