The Photography Thread

a_medico

Chillum Baba
@Faun Nice click. Great to know you have tokina. Have you ever tried portraits with it? Always wondered how they would look with a UWA and F2.8 combination.

The sailors are no more

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5468/10122124376_1cc99a11bd_o.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
nice one faun...liked it specially due to blue light effect
yeah, you have to be there at the right moment for that :)

which application do you guys use to process the photos??
basically raw processing is all that you need. and photo matix for hdr.

@Faun: Very nice use of the wideangle :)
only if i had tripod for more possibility of good compositions. damn thing weight too much with the ball head. couldn't carry with luggage.

@Faun Nice click. Great to know you have tokina. Have you ever tried portraits with it? Always wondered how they would look with a UWA and F2.8 combination.
portraits are not the forte of this lens. you have to be incredibly closer to the subject. however, i will post few here. you decide how they look.

Nice one Faun, a_medico and Amlan

@Faun - Nice Photo.
thanks.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Medico, That's a good one.

Sujoy, Finally, a lightning... :thumbs: 20sec ??? Even a 4 sec came overexposed (lightning bolt) when I tried it.

Sunil, As gen said, it's over saturated...

Faun, That's neat and clean shot...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Some very awesome pics people. Loved the selectively colored boat

I went to the delhi photo festival yesterday. Was good fun talking to other photographers and learning from them. The exhibition was mostly old images that i guess we've all seen over the years. But had some pretty cool ideas nonetheless. Heard a lot of debates on nikon vs canon, got my sony berated by quite a few people who said its not a "real" SLR, saw loads of fancy new equipment. Overall loads of fun

toofan

Technomancer
One from my side after a long time. Please C&C. thanks.

D90+200mm Ais + 20mm Extension tube @ f-5.6, 1/160, ISO:200
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/10154315633_303fa5b11f_o.jpg
_DSC9533 by toofan.v, on Flickr

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks sujoy and Izzokorage.

Zangetsu: Shoot portraits in Diffused light. Either diffusing the Flashes using diffusers or shooting in diffused Window/door light. Outdoors also look for diffused light.

Sujoy: This is normal AiS lens.

izziko: Extensions are hollow tubes, which generally comes as a set of 3 pieces of different length. These are used to decrease the minimum focussing distance of the lens hence results in increased magnification without any loss to image quality. But there is significant loss of light depending upon the length of extensions used.

Abhidev: on camera flash will make the subject look flat. Though it could be used as a fill flash when no other option is available.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Thanks sujoy and Izzokorage.
Abhidev: on camera flash will make the subject look flat. Though it could be used as a fill flash when no other option is available.

yea they do make the pics a little flat...but it works well with beach photography on a sunny day where you'll have shadows on the faces most of the time... :)

Top Bottom