The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Amlan, It could have been a good one... but :(

What did I miss out?

amlan ...composition is not good...you should have covered it till the ground...light from the clouds is looking good though.

That was the plan, however there is a marriage garden right in front of the metro. It would have added a hell lot of clutter to the pic.

BTW considering the dynamic range that this cam captures, plus the editing leeway that raw gives there is a crazy amount that you can do with this image. But then it became more about the editing than the picture itself.

Did anybody check the pictures I posted? They're on the previous page as my post was approved a little late.

Dude I can't seem to open the pictures. It would be great if you made a flickr profile and posted them from there. That'll give us access to your EXIF info (camera settings) also.

frostbite

Broken In
Sure thing. But I am uncertain about EXIF as I don't seem to be able to find the originals and can only redownload the ones I posted on facebook (which doesn't retain EXIF)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Did anybody check the pictures I posted? They're on the previous page as my post was approved a little late.

Hey none of the pics are visible...as amlan pointed out just open a flickr profile and upload the pics there and share the image...like all of us do :D

frostbite

Broken In
Time Waits For No One | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380216763446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380216763446.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Frostbite, I could able to open your pictures, but couldn't able to see elements in the photograph as the image pixel size is 1x1 :D :D
Even if I try to see it with my camera @ full zoom, less likely to see your photograph. Down sampling is fine, but this is too much :rofl:

And asking us whether did we see your picture or not where Faun stole the entire page with awestruck images...

frostbite

Broken In
*www.flickr.com/photos/103408536@N05/9962383774/lightbox/

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380219956836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380219956836.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 77
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380219973053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380219973053.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380219985705.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380219985705.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 64
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380220000145.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380220000145.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Pranav you are right but if the images are here why not the details here too. Thats more like it should be IMO. Some of the photos are so stunning for a gazer newbie like me that I almost curse when I dont see the details!!! And by the way Your Flickr set is among the very very best I have ever see. Its your work that sealed the EOS600D deal for me,otherwise I was looking at some Nikon models.If you could share on how to take those super sharp amazing Cat,Night City and Fire Work images would be really thankful.

Thanks a lot for the comments :)

Infact except for the night shots the camera was largely in the auto (program) mode with AF on and thats the reason for the sharpness. I compulsorily do a bit of editing on every image i put up on flickr.

I boost the colors/contrast by trimming the levels above 250 generally. And also tweak the image crves to an S shape. This may sound add to you right now, but in a little while it will be clear :)

Read these too :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-c...ocessing-photos-inputs-views-discussions.html

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys I have tried to do this composition....any suggestions to improve

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/9955780284_1afbae33b1_z.jpg
Love Coffee by sujoyp, on Flickr

Gears used - D3100+tammy 17-50+flash+candle light :)

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ WoW....morning paper Tata Tea errrrr coffee ad quality honestly....atleast to me.

Thanks a lot for the comments :)

Infact except for the night shots the camera was largely in the auto (program) mode with AF on and thats the reason for the sharpness. I compulsorily do a bit of editing on every image i put up on flickr.

I boost the colors/contrast by trimming the levels above 250 generally. And also tweak the image crves to an S shape. This may sound add to you right now, but in a little while it will be clear :)

Read these too :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-c...ocessing-photos-inputs-views-discussions.html

Thanks for the Link. And Auto Programme ,is it the A+ mode?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks Incinerator ...I just love to experiment :D but need more guidance ...and maybe equipments to improve

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^^ WoW....morning paper Tata Tea errrrr coffee ad quality honestly....atleast to me.

Thanks for the Link. And Auto Programme ,is it the A+ mode?

I use the P mode more than the A+ mode since it allows a little more freedom in the settings. And the Av Tv And A-Dep modes. Start off with the P mode. Learn about exposure and the art of balancing ISO, Shutter speed and aperture. Thats pretty much all there is to "learn".

Btw, focus on the post processing. No matter what somebody else might say, PP is generally the difference between a OK image and a good image.

As an example check out image 1176 from my flickr feed. Thats an untouched image - notice how it lacks the warmth and effect of the other images. 1176 is an OK image. I just didnt have the patience to edit back then, but serves as a prime example of the importance of PP (post processing).

Here are just a couple of examples from my own shots -

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7322/9956727206_a76b115288_c.jpg
IMG_0152 by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7344/9956684785_cbcf65e791_c.jpg
IMG_0699 copy by pranav0091, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Pranav, how do you do this half image PPed and the other half orignal? The only way i can think of is layers in photoehop and then remove half

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow pranav those examples are good...btw whats the cost of that fossils watch...it looks quit good..or is it the picture ;)

Yes as pranav said PP is very important ...if I show you the original pic you will not belive...u shoot RAW or JPEG ...some PP is always good

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Pranav, how do you do this half image PPed and the other half orignal? The only way i can think of is layers in photoehop and then remove half

Exactly that. Hardly takes two minutes :D

wow pranav those examples are good...btw whats the cost of that fossils watch...it looks quit good..or is it the picture ;)

Yes as pranav said PP is very important ...if I show you the original pic you will not belive...u shoot RAW or JPEG ...some PP is always good

Got it as a gift :)
Its $95 AFAIK.

Btw I misspoke earlier - remove the lowest levels not the highest one to increase contrast.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I have adobe Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom too,which one is better for PP. And what about those two CDs from Canon do they have software for post process too?

sujoyp

Grand Master
CS6 is good for removing unwanted things ..thats what i use it for...u may like to play with layers as pranav showed u ...but you have to learn it.
Lightroom is as good as picasa...just move sliders and set what u want..color, contrast,brightness, etc

frostbite

Broken In
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5452/9962383774_65d11cf5f5_z.jpg
Time Waits For No One by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3718/9962384794_694d3fa346_z.jpg
The Alchemist by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/9962355975_79375fcb7a_z.jpg
Childhood Dreams by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/9962356345_8faba4263c_z.jpg
Bliss by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2831/9962480233_14e754f863_z.jpg
Diwali Diyas by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/9962416676_1cb4ebb3b8_z.jpg
Dreamer by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5504/9962479093_7b361e014a_z.jpg
Song Of The Rain by ayush.frost, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Frostbite, Images are good. POV shot of second Alchemist is nice, but houses in the drop are not appealing.
Other than Alchemist shots and water drop, I like all of them... Great work... :doublethumb: esp. after knowing they were taken from basic PnS.

Top Bottom