The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
popup flash diffusers are available ...he can try those...may cost rs50 .

dslr dont have tiltable poup flash...but nikon sb400 looks like internal flash with tiltable head ;)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Atleast mention the Gear used to capture the images....thats bare basic for a thread like this. Only a few did rest is as good as blank theory!

sujoyp

Grand Master
@incinerator ...if the pic is linked to flickr you can check the exif of that pic to get the cam and lens details

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
A simple taken by so and so gear is what it should be IMO for a thread like this,or simply dont post so gorgeous shots that makes us curious :razz:

frostbite

Broken In
Some of the pictures I have taken using my Canon point and shoot.

Camera : Canon A3300
EXIF : Not available

PS : Yes, the images have been post-processed. To me that seems fine, since there are times when I can't produce a desired effect using my camera. Though must take note that, none of the elements are artificial, I only alter the light schemes when needed.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5452/9962383774_65d11cf5f5_z.jpg
Time Waits For No One by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3718/9962384794_694d3fa346_z.jpg
The Alchemist by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/9962355975_79375fcb7a_z.jpg
Childhood Dreams by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/9962356345_8faba4263c_z.jpg
Bliss by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2831/9962480233_14e754f863_z.jpg
Diwali Diyas by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/9962416676_1cb4ebb3b8_z.jpg
Dreamer by ayush.frost, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5504/9962479093_7b361e014a_z.jpg
Song Of The Rain by ayush.frost, on Flickr

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@ incinerator, i guess by gear you mean things like tripod, softbox, reflectors and all. Thats a good point and i guess we can do that in the future.

Although i'm pretty sure that most of the people here are at max using only a tripod (except sujoy, who uses lightboxes and all)

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok we can post the details of shots...I dont even use tripod most of the times (its at home and i am out of india)....but have some other small things like handmade softbox, handmade lighbox, some magnifiers, extension tube, diffuser, flash triggers , reverse ring etc which can be used as per need.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
After seeing all those awesome HDRs here i decided to try my hand on them again. Auto HDR from the camera (3 shots at .3ev separation), haven't post processed this extensively

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/9937624166_3f2e4cc5cb_c.jpg
Divine intervention by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan ...composition is not good...you should have covered it till the ground...light from the clouds is looking good though.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
And what was the camera and lens in use?

Exif | Divine intervention | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If the pic is from Flickr, like above - click on the pic to get to flickr > scroll down and click on Additional info > show more.

If you want to see even more click on the settings shown when you click show more again.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Exif | Divine intervention | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If the pic is from Flickr, like above - click on the pic to get to flickr > scroll down and click on Additional info > show more.

If you want to see even more click on the settings shown when you click show more again.

Pranav you are right but if the images are here why not the details here too. Thats more like it should be IMO. Some of the photos are so stunning for a gazer newbie like me that I almost curse when I dont see the details!!! And by the way Your Flickr set is among the very very best I have ever see. Its your work that sealed the EOS600D deal for me,otherwise I was looking at some Nikon models.If you could share on how to take those super sharp amazing Cat,Night City and Fire Work images would be really thankful.

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ u are giving credit to 600D for pranav's hard work....and cursing nikon for taking bad pics ....not a good start :D :D just joking ;)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Sujoy Your set [the rupee drowning,Cute,Colors of the Sky, Colors,MIRCHI] is also among the very very best and thats the reason I wanted a Nikon 3200/5100 in 2012/2013 in the first place,but plans got delayed and delayed and finally when it was time came the Canon 600D offer with the twin Lens kit at Rs 35,800 was too irresistible.And as they say its more the person than the Camera,why dont you guys start a thread giving tips to us newbies how to do it with particular brands and models harnessing their strengths and weaknesses.:)

Im the first outcast in my family who took this long to buy a camera let alone a DSLR,I never had a point and shoot even! All I ever bought were Audio Equipment and Gaming PC ! And Im the first one in the family to get a Canon ,everybody is a Nikon guy [the sisters are Sony/Nikon but since Nikon uses Sony sensors they are all on one side] in my big Joint family they cant stand a Canon:razz:, imagine my plight and leg pulling !!!!:cry:

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
comon i was just joking :D ...my pics are as crappy as they were 2 years back.....and thats not coz its nikon ;)

but the canon 600D twin lens combo is really awesome deal...and if I was one to select I too would select that.

Starting a thread like that will start an obvious war...coz without comparision how will you understand :D and that is not good at all..its better to add a small detail of equipment and settings under pics :)

Dont worry...we will definitely help each other to learn photography...its not a secret ..its more of imagination :)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Somebody has to be blind to call your set crappy :razz:!!!

Yeah, well said..... its more the imagination and of course the technical knowledge of Tool and Lightl you guys have accumulated. Theres no short cut.

Im at the Camera Manual reading stage.....now :stirpot:

Top Bottom