The Photography Thread

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
*sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1003287_631064280255815_1151612485_n.jpg

Clicked with my Sony Xperia L. :D

*sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/963872_631063810255862_1127642640_o.jpg
Had increased the contrast in this image in paint.net. :p

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Harley Davidson. They were parked outside the showroom in DLF Promenade, Vasant Kunj, Delhi. The one in first pic is Night Rod Special. I would say it's the Lamborghini of the bikes. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, is awesome. :D :D

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@nipun - The bikes look great.

Couple of shots just for fun.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5347/8981402322_63aa9b4a3e_b.jpg

15 second exposure

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7395/8945471289_8f0ea6777f_b.jpg

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Gen, I have seen these in your flickr account. Good :)
But I don't know what happened, first one is not visible...

I think I haven't shared these before... All of them were taken long ago. Here for your C&C

Spider with prey
It would be good to crop all the way to see this species closely. But I wanted to keep it's shadow in the frame.
I don't remember exactly, if I have ever seen an equivalent or better IQ (of this image) from any of my other pictures when viewing it @ pixel level. I really like the IQ in this picture.

*img9.imageshack.us/img9/509/img3317zn.jpg

Moonrise
It's not something new subject from my side. I think it was a full moon day, and I don't know why I chose smaller aperture. Image was dark, I had to edit a lot to fill some light in this picture. So you can very well see noise all over the image. To make it less visible, I am posting a smaller sized image.

*imageshack.us/a/img196/9659/img5237c.jpg

Temple
You may have heard me saying not to use smaller aperture. I think this was taken before me realizing about the diffraction it would cause in the image. The temple is soft because of aperture, I believe. But I kinda like this picture solely because of the nice blue sky.

*imageshack.us/a/img442/8787/img2558ci.jpg

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^@nac: spidey is awesome. i like the bluish tint on the background. accentuates the spider. nice :)

from my new 70-300mm

*fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1017591_704803306200934_2029953075_n.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@nac: the spider pic is brilliant, awesome cool tint and good sharpness

was trying to up my game a little by taking some high contrast black and white shots ....

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3712/9031287339_6bcd5f2857_z.jpg
Light and Dark by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

And an old one that i really love :)

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8336/8077749562_2ef576db74_z.jpg
Footprints in the sand by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Amlan, And you may want to stop down aperture all the way to the smallest...

Thank you guys...

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Thanks everyone.

@izzikio_rage - Like the 2nd one. The first one looks goods in the small version.
@nac - First one is great. you got good details and contrast on that Whats up with the big black border on the 2nd one ?

What settings should I have used here to get a sharper photo ?

In this session, I didn't get any usable night handheld shots. This is one of the many handheld shots I tried that day.

Aperture - F2.0
ISO - 800
Exposure - 1/8 sec

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10994&d=1371147383

I see the shutter speed is too low, may be should have tried changing that with higher ISO. Could have used a timer to reduce shake, I don't know if that would do any good. Anything else? What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
When pointed light source hitting the lens, it's better to use smaller aperture like the ones you used in your previous post.

Thank you. It looked good in flickr with black background, so I tried black frame here. And it also helped to overlay the exif :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
When pointed light source hitting the lens, it's better to use smaller aperture like the ones you used in your previous post.

Can't use smaller aperture for handheld night shots like these. You see I already have high ISO & low shutter speed.

The previous ones were not handheld, so they had lower aperture/ISO and longer exposure time.

Top Bottom